Search Unity

5.1, VR and linear lighting

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by JonDadley, Jun 9, 2015.

1. JonDadley

JonDadley

The detailed release notes for today's 5.1 launch claim linear lighting is completely broken in VR apps. It was working fine in the pre-release betas. Any ETA on when it will be fixed? The comment about "use gamma for now" isn't that useful :)

2. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

Probably broke in the change to 0.6 Oculus Runtime.

3. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

Yes, currently scheduled to be resolved in 5.1 patch 2.

JonDadley likes this.
  4. Todd-Wasson

Todd-Wasson

Any idea on a rough minimum timeframe for that? I'm getting close to alpha with my project, so will stick to the previous beta if it might be weeks or months to see patch 2. I don't want to update to 0.6 runtimes and Unity 5.1 release version if it's going to break linear lighting.

In another thread it sounded like somebody said things were working fine in deferred mode, so I'm not sure what to do at this point.

5. EdBlais

EdBlais

Unity Technologies

@Todd Wasson new Patch Releases come out each week. Patches don't always come out the same week as an Official release, so Patch 2 will either come out next week or the week following.

6. Todd-Wasson

Todd-Wasson

Thanks, Ed. That'll work. :)

7. DrewMedina

DrewMedina

This one would have been great to know before i did the 2 hour upgrade conversion... looks like im going back to 5.0.1 cant have broken lighting for a week or two.