Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

5.0.0b14 installer download stub auth timeout issue on Mac OS X

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by seattlebluesky, Nov 24, 2014.

1. seattlebluesky

seattlebluesky

Also entered as FogBugz case.

The repro' steps are,

1. Launch 5.0.0b14 installer.
    2. Click through to point at which the downloads start for your selected components.
    3. Go away and make a cup of coffee.

[time passes]

Result is that given enough time the 2nd prompt for authentication (on Mac OS X) will timeout, at least I presume it was a timeout, and leave you with this panel prompt. I think it'd be useful for those folks who leave the keyboard for an extended period of time while the download happens if at the end prior to showing the auth prompt either,

a) Show a 'Ready to install, click to Continue' panel prior to the system authentication prompt to install the PKG, or,
    b) Provide a Retry button on the authentication error alongside Quit.

As it stands you are forced to quit the installer and re-start/download.

UnityInstallerAuthError.png

2. Rasmus Selsmark

Rasmus Selsmark

Thanks for reporting this. Please post the Fogbugz case id here as well, thanks.

Rasmus, Unity Infrastructure Team

3. seattlebluesky

seattlebluesky

Case 650745. To be clear the issue is not so much the fact that it, and I'm guessing this is what happened, had a time-out but that if the installer is left unattended the end result is no option but to Quit. Thx!

unityunity