Search Unity

4X, no working title.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by All8Up, Apr 8, 2012.

1. All8Up

All8Up

Hi folks,

First time here and the first week playing with unity. Basically I shipped a project for my last company and decided to take a break. Since then, I basically wanted to work on a style of game I always liked for various reasons. The first thing to do though was to make sure there were no inherent limitations to doing the look/feel intended. So, I whipped up this little test project, it's basically just a camera test with a couple little additions to see how hard some of the tech would be to convert to Unity.

To stick to the rules, here's a screenshot. All programmer art and very little work beyond getting the behavior of the camera happy while making sure I could get what I wanted:

Attached, I hope, is the little webplayer version so you can play with the camera control. The accelerations, speeds, dampening, etc need some tweaking but overall I wonder how it feels to others.

The control is intended to be very quick mouse interaction where mouse wheel gets you around the map quickly by zooming out and then zooming into your area of interest, with standard controls behavior for edge scrolling etc. The annoying click sound is just a test to make sure the KDTree for item management and eventually AI searches is properly hitting selections while the mouse moves around.

Comments are definitely welcome. I know, art sucks etc, it is just the preliminary for putting in real game code bits.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  2. aixaix

aixaix

If you want ppl; to leave feedback, i recommend you to upload some pictures.

3. All8Up

All8Up

I did, hmph, perhaps went over my free bandwidth in minutes. Seems pretty unlikely though....

appologies:
    not so unlikely it seems. :( I can't view the SS I took either now, it "was" working about 30 minutes ago though. Looking into why the image is not available anymore.

After research:
    Can't access Alka right now, seems it's just down. :(

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  4. aixaix

aixaix

well, you should use photobucket.com for picture sharing, you can then just copy the img code here.

5. kalamona

kalamona

I highly recommend "Dropbox", and its "public" folder for picture sharing. I use it all the time. You can use it to share webplayer demos too without zipping, downloading, etc.