Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

4x Lighthouse 2.0 large room scale, Modular tracking

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by KyleHatch85, May 17, 2018.

1. KyleHatch85

KyleHatch85

Just as a pre-amble, this is a word for word copy of this thread i posted on the steam forums. But reposing here, in case anyone has info.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/358040/discussions/0/1692669912384362562/

-------

So on the HTC website (https://enterprise.vive.com/eu/) it makes mention of module tracking but I've read some places on the interweb that it's not ready...yet. I assume the hardware is ready and the software needs to be updated, thus more a valve issue than a HTC?

Is there any concrete information that anyone knows about that would be able to help. My company has purchased a few pro kits. The hope that we could daisy chain together 4 of them to make a larger area (as advertised). Or is this something that can be done now, any literature on this?

Thanks

2. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

I think you have to wait until the Lighthouse 2.0 hardware is out. The vive pro will support these boxes but the kits sold now have the 1.0 laser system.

3. KyleHatch85

KyleHatch85

So if you click on the HTC link, you'll see the Vive 2.0 lighthouse are out, i have 6 of them kicking around our office. along with the Vive pros and controller (now in purple but the same as before) The hardware is out. It seems the software (SteamVR or the firmware) hasn't been updated. Unless someone knows otherwise. I can't find an official statement on it one way or another

Capture.PNG

4. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

Then I do not know. I got my Vive Pro some weeks ago and that was not available then.

5. solidearthvr

solidearthvr

6. KyleHatch85

KyleHatch85

I can confirm this works. In our work pod we have 4 sensors with 2 full vive pro kits and all 4 sensors are tracking.

Estimated size is about 4m x 7m.

Thank you for that info