Search Unity

4th Gen iPad Problems

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by MegadethRocks, Oct 26, 2016.

1. MegadethRocks

MegadethRocks

We released an update for our app this week and it seems to be broken on every 4th gen iPad now (crashes when loading the 3rd scene). Every other platform we are on is working flawlessly and every iPad seems to work as long as it isn't a 4th gen one. Even the old iPad 2 works great. It had been about a year since we had released an update for the app store with Unity 4.2 and this one was released with 5.4.0 and 5.4.2.

So my question is has anyone else had an issue with the 4th gen iPads? When I profile on the device the profiler freezes when it tries to load the scene and the iPad just continues showing whatever was on the screen when it tried to load the level.

If anyone has any suggestions for something I can try I'd be happy to hear them.

MrEsquire likes this.
  2. MegadethRocks

MegadethRocks

I finally tracked it down. It was due to a Depth of Field script from the Standard Assets. If I remove that everything works fine on the 4th gen iPad. I wish this had actually crashed the app though. Instead, it just froze and gave no indication what it was failing on.