Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

45 minute game development challenge

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by MaxJDET, May 27, 2018.

1. MaxJDET

MaxJDET

Hello! I am a hobbyist game developer and I have uploaded a video to my YouTube channel of the first part of a 45 minute game dev challenge. If you want to see the video, the name of my channel is JTECH Game Studios and the video is here. I also have 2 Instagram accounts: @JTECHGameStudios and @JTECHGameStudios2
    I would really like as many people to try out the challenge because it is really satisfying and if you want to release a small-medium sized game quickly, this challenge is perfect! Visit the Instagram hashtag: #45minutegames and post screenshots and videos of your 45 minute games on there! You could also comment on this thread links to other social media platforms with posts of your 45 minute games!

2. MaxJDET

MaxJDET

If you are interested, feel free to share the idea! :)

3. Serinx

Serinx

Sounds like fun but extremely challenging.
    What are the rules?
    Can you use assets/templates?
    If you need to stop to research something does the timer pause?

I feel like this would be a fun way to quickly prototype something, but I don't know about actually releasing a finished game haha.

I might have a go at this..

MaxJDET likes this.
  4. MaxJDET

MaxJDET

The rules are:
    - The timer doesn't stop.
    - Research what you think you will need before starting the timer (but you can research during the 45 mins if you need to).
    - Assets are allowed, but find and import before starting the timer.
    - Attribute any assets used.
    - Add the hashtag #45minutegames to screenshots, videos or even the released game to show you've completed the challenge and to grow the challenge.

I'll be adding the attributes to the assets used in my 45 minute game in part 2 of the challenge on my YouTube channel.
    I very much hope that this challenge helps people learn new skill and have fun while doing it.
    Thanks for showing your interest:)

Serinx likes this.
  5. MaxJDET

MaxJDET

You can split the challenge into 2 parts but it must still have a total development time of 45 minutes