Search Unity

404 on XR support installers

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by scrivi, Oct 15, 2017.

1. scrivi

scrivi

hi all
    I would love to try out vuforia in unity but when I click the link in XR support installers of the Player Settings it opens a page saying that there is no build for my Unity editor that is 2017.2.0f3 that is the latest released version.
    I'm still stuck to step one any advice?

2. Augmenteer

Augmenteer

Thanks for reporting! I'll check with Unity on that.

In the meantime, you can re-run the download assistant ( the one you'd used to install the editor) and check Vuforia Augmented Reality Supported there.

Please report back if you still can't install Vuforia.

3. Augmenteer

Augmenteer

What's the OS of your development environment? - I just verified for OSX, don't have a Win system handy.

4. scrivi

scrivi

I'm using Linux and the download assistant was just introduced in the 2017.3 beta that I have problem running at the moment. Unity editor it's working 99% well in ubuntu so far for other tests

5. Augmenteer

Augmenteer

There isn't no Vuforia build target support for Linux at this time, and I'm not sure of the status of XR Device support. But I'll ask Unity engineering when I have a chance.

6. velenoise

velenoise

Sorry for hijacking an old thread, but I wanted some clarification on that if possible @Augmenteer : by "build target support for Linux", do you mean building for a standalone Linux app, or building at all in the Linux platform? Because my target device is Android, and the legacy version of Vuforia SDK seems to be loaded just fine in Unity Linux editor, but there seems to be no way of getting the latest version of it apart from the installer (which, as pointed by the OP, shows no option to do so).