Search Unity

Resolved 403 Forbidden when using lobby sample

Discussion in 'Lobby' started by RR7, Oct 31, 2021.

1. RR7

RR7

I wanted to try this out as i've been waiting for this since HLAPI was no longer a real thing. i'm super excited.

sadly though, it doesnt seem to work. i've linked the project to my account and i can see if in the services dashboard, but when i press start i get this:

upload_2021-10-31_19-56-14.png

i seem to don't have much to go on really. what things could i be doing wrong?

Walter_Hulsebos likes this.
  2. Unity_3D_Alex

Unity_3D_Alex

Unity Technologies

Hi RR7,

Could you check to make sure Lobby is toggled on for the project in the dashboard?

upload_2021-10-31_20-13-8.png

3. RR7

RR7

ah, no it wasn't, i didn't have 'overview', i had 'getting started', and I didn't realize there was an activation step before it worked. i have the switch now.

thank you very much! :)

Unity_Brandon likes this.
  4. Unity_3D_Alex

Unity_3D_Alex

Unity Technologies

My pleasure, glad it's resolved! :)

5. Walter_Hulsebos

Walter_Hulsebos

I am having this issue as well, and I have the option enabled for my project.
    Unfortunately, I'm still running into the issue.

This goes for the Sample as well as the "Hello World"

(Can I react to this, or do I need to make my own thread?)
    -------
    Project Settings:
    Networking_01.png Networking_02.png Networking_03.png

6. Unity_Brandon

Unity_Brandon

Unity Technologies

Hey Walter,

I took a look to see if I can tell what's going on, but I wasn't able to locate the project by that name in your screenshot for your organization. I may have missed it, but can you confirm the project hasn't been deleted since your post? From what I can tell everything looks correct on your end. I've been checking with the error logs as well to confirm there isn't anything crazy going on in the backend that would cause this issue.

To answer your other question, generally, it's best to create your own thread so people don't get notifications for issues unrelating to them. If you'd prefer, you can also create a ticket for more 1 on 1 help by going to the Unity Dashboard > Multiplayer > About & Support and clicking the support button. Alternatively, you can do the same by going Unity Dashboard > Help and Support > File a Ticket and selecting Lobby.

Walter_Hulsebos likes this.
  7. butterscotch-vr

butterscotch-vr

|Same issue with the sample application - I've turned everything on and still 403:
    <Login>b__0: vx_req_account_anonymous_login_t failed: VivoxUnity.VivoxApiException: Request Canceled (5031)
    at VivoxUnity.VxClient.EndIssueRequest (System.IAsyncResult result) [0x00056] in C:\_ButterScotch Projects\Relay - Lobby Networked Unity\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.services.vivox@15.1.150002-pre.2\Runtime\VivoxUnity\VxClient.cs:250
    at VivoxUnity.Private.LoginSession+<>c__DisplayClass90_0.<Login>b__0 (System.IAsyncResult result) [0x00000] in C:\_ButterScotch Projects\Relay - Lobby Networked Unity\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.services.vivox@15.1.150002-pre.2\Runtime\VivoxUnity\Private\LoginSession.cs:476
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat (UnityEngine.LogType,UnityEngine.Object,string,object[])
    LobbyRelaySample.LogHandler:LogFormat (UnityEngine.LogType,UnityEngine.Object,string,object[]) (at Assets/Scripts/Infrastructure/LogHandler.cs:39)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
    VivoxUnity.VivoxDebug:DebugMessage (object,vx_log_level) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.services.vivox@15.1.150002-pre.2/Runtime/VivoxUnity/VivoxDebug.cs:103)
    VivoxUnity.VivoxDebug:VxExceptionMessage (string) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.services.vivox@15.1.150002-pre.2/Runtime/VivoxUnity/VivoxDebug.cs:61)
    VivoxUnity.Private.LoginSession/<>c__DisplayClass90_0:<Login>b__0 (System.IAsyncResult) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.services.vivox@15.1.150002-pre.2/Runtime/VivoxUnity/Private/LoginSession.cs:481)
    VivoxUnity.AsyncResult`1<vx_resp_base_t>:SetComplete (vx_resp_base_t) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.services.vivox@15.1.150002-pre.2/Runtime/VivoxUnity/AsyncResult.cs:139)
    VivoxUnity.VxClient:InstanceOnMainLoopRun (bool&) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.services.vivox@15.1.150002-pre.2/Runtime/VivoxUnity/VxClient.cs:183)
    MessagePump:RunOnce () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.services.vivox@15.1.150002-pre.2/Runtime/VivoxUnity/MessagePump.cs:89)
    MessagePump:RunUntil (LoopDone) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.services.vivox@15.1.150002-pre.2/Runtime/VivoxUnity/MessagePump.cs:72)
    VivoxUnity.Client:RunOnce () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.services.vivox@15.1.150002-pre.2/Runtime/VivoxUnity/Client.cs:302)
    VivoxUnity.VxUnityInterop/<VivoxUnityRun>d__6:MoveNext () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.services.vivox@15.1.150002-pre.2/Runtime/VivoxUnity/VxUnityInterop.cs:82)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator,intptr)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  8. Unity_3D_Alex

Unity_3D_Alex

Unity Technologies

Hi,

This may or may not be related to an issue with running multiple sessions on a single device. Our team is working on a solution, I believe for the next release, to support this workflow.

If this is indeed the reason for this error, the current workaround is to build the project a second time with a different Product Name (Project Settings > Player), making sure not to override the default bundle identifier.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if not :)

9. butterscotch-vr

butterscotch-vr

Had to override the bundle identifier to get it to work = changed Company name, product name and bundle identifier and it works fine now.
    Unity 1 and Unity 2
    Game-Lobby-Sample-1 and Game-Lobby-Sample-2
    com.unity.services.samples.lobby-rooms-1 and com.unity.services.samples.lobby-rooms-2

10. Unity_3D_Alex

Unity_3D_Alex

Unity Technologies

Thank you for this feedback, so glad it's working!

11. Erfan1386

Erfan1386

HI ! Im having same issue but Im sure that I have relay enabled. I get this error when using each of unity multiplayer services (Lobby Relay Authentication etc.) arent unity services supported in Iran country ??

12. Zokylum

Zokylum

Hey, i have the same issue using Relay in switzerland, i enabled Relay and Lobbies, lobbies work but not relay... can somebody help me and Erfan1386 please?
    Thanks!

13. Zokylum

Zokylum

my bad, i just made a mistake in the code it works well