Search Unity

1. Full schedule for #UniteBerlin is now available! Featuring talks on our roadmap, hands-on labs and much more! Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.1 has arrived! Read about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Scriptable Render Pipeline improvements, Texture Mipmap Streaming, and more! Check out what we have in store for you in the 2018.2 Beta.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

[40% OFF] Prefab Pick & Place

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by StylishCoding, May 10, 2018.

1. StylishCoding

StylishCoding

Prefab Pick & Place lets you select prefab from scene view instead of drag and drop from project view.

Asset Store

large.png

Press hotkey to open the picker in scene view with a list of prefab from selected paths. You are not needed to use a large project view window anymore.

After selected a prefab from picker, you can move the mouse to change the position of the placement without holding the mouse button. In addition, you can scroll the mouse wheel to switch next or previous prefab before confirm the placement.

2. StylishCoding

StylishCoding

3. wolfen231

wolfen231

Hi. Add path to picker is grayed out for me on any path. No errors in the console either. Unity 2017.2.2

4. StylishCoding

StylishCoding

Do you right click on folder treeview? You need to use the folder in asset listview.
    It is the issue of Unity's design, because the right click menu rely on selected asset.
    However, click on folder treeview doesn't select the folder.

5. wolfen231

wolfen231

That be the problem! Right click on folder in the asset view does show it. Thanks!

6. wolfen231

wolfen231

One more issue I noticed. Seems like the gizmo is gone for moving objects around. Is this intended behavior? I couldn't get it back at all until I removed the asset.

7. StylishCoding

StylishCoding

Thank you for reporting it. The gizmo should return after the picker closed. I will fix it.

8. wolfen231

wolfen231

FYI This was in 2017.2.2

9. StylishCoding

StylishCoding

Thanks, I have fixed the bug and submitted to store.

10. StylishCoding

StylishCoding

update:
    • Show particle when placing prefab.
    • Fix transform manipulator not unhide after picker close.