Search Unity

4 Player Tron Game!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Artimese, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Artimese

Artimese

Oh, have I gotten your attention? Hehe, funny thing today, I've posted 2 games I've made on the showcase in just 24 hours, and this is the third. (I suppose I just felt like showing off my work to the good ol community) So this game is inspired by Tron, the bikes look like Tron, the music is Daft Punk also used in Tron, and the whole feel of it is kind of like Tron :p

The game ORIGINALLY was suppose to be simple, kind of like "Wipeout" and solely the purpose of the game was to be played during classes with some friends :) Supports 1-4 players including lots of fun. There are times where you can get stuck or fall out but I tried my best to fix it up, but nonetheless its great.

So enough about that, why not give it a test drive!?

LINK: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17097249/4_Player_Tron_Game_WP/WebPlayer.html
    PC BUILD: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17097249/4_Player_Tron_Game_Build.rar

If you don't have time to play it, heres a few screen shots of the game :p

I know some of you are thinking that Tron is copyrighted and all that crap, but the game is just really for "giggles and S***" as I would call it, a simple change of the name is what will determine copyright or not, and its just a fun game for the hell of it.

Attached Files:

• $41.jpg
      $41.jpg
      File size:
      362.6 KB
      Views:
    • $42.jpg
      $42.jpg
      File size:
      339.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  2. Blacklight

Blacklight

Looks interesting, but I could'nt give it a try because the webplayer is about 4x bigger then my computer screen.

3. InvaderStudios

InvaderStudios

I couldn't play because the resolution is huge!

4. Artimese

Artimese

Hahaha, blame my 1920x1200 monitor guys. Let me reupload a lower resolution... Stand by for 15 minutes....

5. Artimese

Artimese

Resolution is now 1024x768 which is standard I suppose. Ill add PC build too... Enjoy.

6. Blacklight

Blacklight

Wasn't too bad, I have no-one to play it with though :(

Got stuck in one part of the map, and fell through another.

7. Artimese

Artimese

Glad you liked it, I had networking in mind, but I heard it was quite a challenge... Yes those are the 2 known bugs but it makes you less reckless when racing, slow and steady wins the race? Hehe.

8. InvaderStudios

InvaderStudios

I have that same resolution, but it was still too big for me.

Anyways the game is very erm...strange. The cycle got stuck and I couldnt move.

9. Artimese

Artimese

Yeah theres time where you get stuck, but it usually doesn't happen often unless you moving really slowly against the wall

10. JasonWIR

JasonWIR

It looks like a very cool game. Plays a little tricky. My car keeps getting stuck on the wall (maybe make it go backwards to get unstuck). My car seems uncontrollable and does not seem to respond well.

I didn't get to play with anyone else, but the fact that you got networking going is very impressive.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  11. Artimese

Artimese

Controls are a little bit slippery, didn't spend much time perfecting it because I wanted a little bit of a drifting part of the game.

Also keeping in mind that this game was made only in a matter of a few hours.

12. chilton

chilton

The controls make more sense once you realize that you're directly manipulating the forward and side velocities of the vehicle based on the keys, and you're not actually steering or reflecting energy. So it's more like a zero-g ship with side thrusters than a car. Cool idea!

13. ReverendWolf

ReverendWolf

I felt like I was trying to control an ice block sliding down a hill by using a hair dryer to heat up the grass :( Very very slippery.

14. makan

makan

Great game, nice job man

15. cemC

cemC

i like the game. But The WebPlayer Build has big resulation

16. bgivenb

bgivenb

I loved the split-screen, and when you have someone to play with (as I did) its actually really fun. The only things it needs: a button to go back to main menu, and a reset button when you crash; I got stuck quite a few times and had to refresh the browser. Its really fun though.

17. Artimese

Artimese

Gee why did i not think of a reset button? Im so stupid... but thanks for the kind comments :)

18. J3-Gaming

J3-Gaming

I got stuck, but your bike physics are really bad. The point of tron is to have 4 directions without the option to stop.
    Maybe im too old school but I wouldn't play this more than once.

19. Artimese

Artimese

If i had time to perfect it, you would :)

20. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Im oldschool too, Could do with some work. Keep it up Artimese

21. jonbonazza

jonbonazza

Oldschool? You are 15! lol

22. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

By that I mean, The 4 way controls no stopping 'Snake' Kind of version, Same when I mean, I like the oldschool pokemon, Pokemon red and blue.

Oldschool doesnt mean Im old.. Its just Old school games. The first tony hawks are classed as old school. :)

Lots of love, Daddy Charlie