Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

(4.6) UI Button Navigation - How to disable?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by crawler, Jan 14, 2015.

1. crawler

crawler

By defaults Button Navigation is set to Automatic. How to turn Navigation to None on all buttons, or set to None by default?

2. phil-Unity

phil-Unity

Unity UI Lead Developer

There currently is not setting for that, you'd need to do something yourself (script, prefab,...)

crawler likes this.
  3. iivo_k

iivo_k

Just ran into this. I was wondering why all Buttons stayed highlighted after clicking on them, even after moving the cursor away and it was because of the Automatic Navigation, thus the Buttons staying selected.

I created a script to go through all the prefabs and scenes and change the Navigation of Buttons to None, but it's not really a solution in the long term.

I'd like to see some way to set the default Navigation value or enable/disable Navigation from the Input Module. Can't really expect everyone to remember to use a custom button script or change the Navigation every time they add a Button.

JoeStrout likes this.