Search Unity

4.6 iOS 64-bit beta

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by jonas-echterhoff, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Catacomber

Catacomber

I used your tool in Unity to upload the zipped project and I got a confirmation from Fogbugz---
    see attached. I since deleted the zipped file so I can't resend it. But it had content--stripped down content. But I was able to play that content in the editor before I sent it.

I've tried to tell you in detail what I'm hitting---I get these errors---have to go back and find and copy and paste again---
    what would cause these errors? I don't want to install 4.6.2 because I'm still testing my project and I can't send my testers anything because I can't build the project. It just opens on my device and shuts down. Give me a minute to go back and find the errors Xcode throws and once more paste them in here.
    So what would cause "Mono Class HideInInspector couldn't be found!"
    I'm using Legacy Graphics -- are they still supported?
    And what would cause--"Unable to find type [UnityEngine.dll]UnityEngine.ResourceRequest"?

Quoting from my previous posts---
    "The new message in the console is--(Am taking out repetitive lines)--

2015-01-25 23:51:03.084 Omber[16929:2500142] -> registered mono modules 0xc9d0a0

-> applicationDidFinishLaunching()

-> applicationDidBecomeActive()

Requesting Resolution: 768x1024

Renderer: PowerVR SGX 543

Vendor: Imagination Technologies

Version: OpenGL ES 2.0 IMGSGX543-113.3

GL_OES_depth_texture GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_fbo_render_mipmap GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_OES_texture_float GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear GL_OES_vertex_array_object GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_color_buffer_half_float GL_EXT_debug_label GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_instanced_arrays GL_EXT_map_buffer_range GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_EXT_pvrtc_sRGB GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects GL_EXT_shader_framebuffer_fetch GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_shadow_samplers GL_EXT_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_rg GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_APPLE_clip_distance GL_APPLE_color_buffer_packed_float GL_APPLE_copy_texture_levels GL_APPLE_framebuffer_multisample GL_APPLE_rgb_422 GL_APPLE_sync GL_APPLE_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_APPLE_texture_max_level GL_APPLE_texture_packed_float GL_IMG_read_format GL_IMG_texture_comp

ression_pvrtc

Creating OpenGLES2.0 graphics device

Initialize engine version: 4.6.1p5 (ea3e5beea19a)

Mono Class HideInInspector couldn't be found! This might lead to random crashes later on!

(Filename: Line: 114)

Unable to find type [UnityEngine.dll]UnityEngine.ResourceRequest

(Filename: Line: 1608)

A script behaviour has a different serialization layout when loading. (Read 24 bytes but expected 44 bytes)

Did you #ifdef UNITY_EDITOR a section of your serialized properties in any of your scripts?

(Filename: Line: 1170)

2015-01-25 23:51:09.874 Omber[16929:2500142] Received memory warning.

WARNING -> applicationDidReceiveMemoryWarning()""

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  2. ArjunN

ArjunN

I don't mean to nag, but anybody taking a look at the bug I filed on Friday? #668385

3. bluescrn

bluescrn

I've just run into a related issue, our savegame code seems to be failing (NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required) within a call to:

new CryptoStream( fileStream, encryptor, CryptoStreamMode.write )

Where the encryptor is created from DESCryptoServiceProvider.CreateEncryptor(), and both the encryptor and fileStream appeared to be valid (well, at least not-null). Using 4.6.2.

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

@catacomber: looks like you made a typo when writing down your case number from the email you got from fogbugz, because case 606888 was submitted 9 months ago.

5. Catacomber

Catacomber

Thanks for pointing that out. My eyes are going!

6. Catacomber

Catacomber

As someone just pointed out, I made a typo correct case number is 666808 Sorry. That should give you some information to help me.

7. jeffsherwin

jeffsherwin

Really feeling stuck and frustrated. Other than this 64 bit conversion I am feature complete - release ready.
    It took me a year to build my game.

On mono compile everything is great.
    Facebook and Parse are broken when compile IL2CPP.
    Facebook can't find itself and Parse when I use link.xml
    <assemblyfullname="Parse.Unity">
    <namespacefullname="Parse"preserve="all"/>
    </assembly>

that gets me passed the intiial error but then Parse doesn't behave correctly at all
    i.e ParseUser.CurrentUser is null . . .

I have posted here 3 times now with no answers hints or direction.
    I have scoured google for even the slightest hint.
    This is maddening.

Please help. anyone. Am not feeling very happy with the $6k worth of unity junk I purchased.
    I am not rich, this is a significant investment for me.

Was promised IL2CPP would be same as MONO. It's not.
    I also feel it's somewhat unreasonable I have to comb these forums in hopes of an answer.
    The fogbugz stuff doesn't seem to reflect the true state of bugs nor can I generate a list of open bugs

wtf.

8. ArjunN

ArjunN

FWIW, I've got Facebook to compile without any issues using IL2CPP. I updated the sdk to use the latest version on their site.

We don't use Parse, so can't comment on that. You might be better off trying to contact them for a resolution on the issue considering they are a third party?

9. jeffsherwin

jeffsherwin

Appreciate the feedback.
    yep am on the latest versions.

Facebook compiles for me but it isn't behaving correctly.
    do you see:
    Cannot find Facebook SDK Version
    in the xcode console?

so the same as mono compile was just marketing hype?
    awesome.

also debug statements in xcode now look like this:
    NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.

at Unibill.Impl.StoreKitPluginImpl.addTransactionObserver () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ParseController.HasPopulatedFacebook () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FacebookController.OnLoggedIn () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FacebookController.LoginCallback (.FBResult result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Facebook.FacebookDelegate.Invoke (.FBResult result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FBFriendWrapper.<LoadPicture>m__0 (.FBResult result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Facebook.AbstractFacebook.OnAuthResponse (.FBResult result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Facebook.IOSFacebook.OnLogin (System.String msg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at unibill.Dummy.Factory.Create (Boolean mocked, unibill.Dummy.Product[] products) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

unibill.Dummy.Factory:Create(Boolean, Product[])

very difficult to find contexual meaning here.

so far I am very frustrated with this whole conversion process.
    it feels pretty haphazard.

10. ts118

ts118

Unity 4.6.2, Compile my project with ill2Cpp, there is a nullReferenceException when TableManager.InitTable() is called.
    There is something wrong with the following callstack,"GCGame.Table.Tab_Belle.Table_BelleSerializableTable" should be "GCGame.Tab_AchieveNotice.Tab_AchieveNoticeSerializableTable", it is a delegate in c#, maybe something wrong when convert to cpp, function pointer error?

NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.

at GCGame.Table.Tab_Belle.Table_BelleSerializableTable (System.String[] valuesList, Int32 skey, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 _hash) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GCGame.Table.TableManager.ReaderPList (System.String xmlFile, GCGame.Table.TableManagerSerializableTable _fun, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 _hash) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GCGame.Table.Tab_AchieveNotice.LoadTable (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 _tab) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GCGame.Table.TableManager.InitTable_AchieveNotice () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GCGame.Table.TableManager.InitTable () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.InitGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at LoginUILogic+<BeignLoadRes>c__Iterator7.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Replacements.Attribute.CheckParameters (System.Object element, System.Type attributeType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Replacements.Attribute:CheckParameters(Object, Type)

11. tcossairt

tcossairt

Ditto. This breaks our game's saves until a patch. :-( Would love to know the status as I cannot find the bug/issue in the tracker yet?

12. ArjunN

ArjunN

Yeah, I'm seeing the above in all my debug logs too. I have no idea why!

13. Lucas-Meijer

Lucas-Meijer

Unity Technologies

@jeffsherwin: hey jeff, sorry to hear you're having trouble, could you write the id number of the bug you submitted here?

14. Lucas-Meijer

Lucas-Meijer

Unity Technologies

@bluescrn: could you be so kind to send us a repro project for the problem you're having with CryptoStream? We'd love to fix it, and verify it makes your project work.

15. jeffsherwin

jeffsherwin

Didn't submit a bug. Asked on here to no answer on what to do.
    Until I complained :)

submit a bug. gottit.
    #helpful

will see what i can do - project is not small
    will isolate and see if can send you something

thanks but I do not feel like this is helpful.

16. Lucas-Meijer

Lucas-Meijer

Unity Technologies

@jeffsherwin: we really want to do whatever it takes to make your project work, but that is really hard to do without knowing without being able to reproduce the problems you're experiencing. If you can isolate, that would be much appreciated, but even without isolation we'll have more to go on. if you can write the bugnumber here (you'll get a confirmation mail), we'll jump straight on it.

17. Joskym

Joskym

Hi,
    Is it a normal behaviour that for an application that was about 40MB before IL2CPP, it now weights 83.9MB ? (I'm on 4.6.1p5) Does it have something to do with Assembly Stripping?

18. joncham

joncham

Unity Technologies

If you are building a Universal target, size will always be bigger since you have the binary for two architectures now (ARMv7 and ARM64). In addition, IL2CPP binaries are currently larger that mono binaries (roughly 30%). I am actively working to improve our size output as compared to mono.

Satoshi Ueda likes this.
  19. Joskym

Joskym

Wow, that was fast, thank you.
    Do you have any hint on how to reduce build size? Some coding patterns reducing the amount of code generated?

20. jeffsherwin

jeffsherwin

Have been reading and isolating - no bug id yet
    a simple project with ONLY Parse in it
    runs fine in MONO
    but logs
    Initialize engine version: 4.6.2f1 (bd99309c2ad7)
    Mono Class HideInInspector couldn't be found! This might lead to random crashes later on!
    (Filename: Line: 114)
    Unable to find type [UnityEngine.dll]UnityEngine.ResourceRequest
    (Filename: Line: 34)
    then throws:
    EXC_BAD_ACCESS on thread 1 @ 0x90

is it possible the Parse trouble is related to the networking issue here?
    Parse is reaching out to the network so that makes sense I guess

21. Lucas-Meijer

Lucas-Meijer

Unity Technologies

@jeffsherwin: It's probably not related to the networking linker errors others have reported, but is likely to be related to System.Net.WebRequest not working yet (we expect to ship support for this asap, it just missed the 4.6.2 build). The EXC_BAD_ACCESS however should definitely not happen, if you could attach the project that does this to a bug, i'll take a look straight away.

22. Lucas-Meijer

Lucas-Meijer

Unity Technologies

@Joskym, I think 4.6.2 still has a bug where it has a folder non-stripped/ with a bunch of assemblies in there. these assemblies shouldn't have been added to the build, and can be safely removed. This bug is on our radar and will be fixed. we expect our il2cpp drops that will land in the next few weeks to get better and better at outputting smaller binaries.

Satoshi Ueda likes this.
  23. JJC1138

JJC1138

Can I ask what the plans/schedule are for adding networking support for IL2CPP builds? I'm planning to ship a networked iOS game this month so obviously that's a showstopper for me.

drawcode and jeffsherwin like this.
  24. Bowie-Xu

Bowie-Xu

Hi

Sorry for taking your time. We had the same duplicate problem as you did. I tried use lipo command to extract armv7 and arm64 architecture into lib files. Then I tried to use "ar -x " command to get all .o files in these two libs, but it reports could not recognize arm64 architecture lib file while armv7 lib is fine. Does lipo version is too old for arm64? I also checked that I was using xcode's lipo.

Can you also tell me how did you managed to remove zlib from libiPhone-lib.a?
    Thanks a lot.

25. jeffsherwin

jeffsherwin

@ljmeijer
    (Case 669115)
    http://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?669115_dngkuilhilrbeebc
    4.6.2 il2cpp EXC_BAD_ACCESS Parse

Also is there a way we could get more transparency on the Known Bugs?
    Had I known System.Net.WebRequest was an issue I wouldn't have even have bothered you here.
    Parsing thru 8 forum pages and counting for request and response doesn't seem overly viable.

thanks

26. AGaming

AGaming

I apologize for my English at once, the translation of the text goes through Google transliteration.

I have a question, my game does not work on the device, I use UFPS Mobile. Question - I have a subscription iOS Pro, but at the moment I can not publish my game. Should I stop my subscription? At the time of the problem?

But the game continues to work fine in the assembly Mono (2.x). Thanks in advance.

27. Catacomber

Catacomber

I get the exact same errors in xCode. Mono Class HideInInspector couldn't be found and Unable to find type [UnityEngine.dll]UnityEngine.Resource Request.

If you find a solution would you post it here. I've still no answer as to what would make this happen.

28. Alkimio

Alkimio

29. Alkimio

Alkimio

Hi Bowie Xu.. I used lipo for everything, like it says in this tutorial:
    http://angelolloqui.com/blog/31-How-to-fix-a-Duplicated-Symbols-error-on-binary-files

Also, you can use my already-stripped down version of the lib:
    http://goo.gl/tR4pni

Hope it helps.
    Damian.

30. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

Hi,

The two missing types have nothing to do with the actual crash; and unless you reference them in your project they will show up. This was a bug on our side, but not the cause of your crash. If you haven't done so yet, please file a bug so we can have a look.

31. Catacomber

Catacomber

Hi, I filed bug report 666808 on 1/26/2015.

I asked someone I know to test 4.6.2 and he did with a virtually empty file with no plugins---quoting--

"Ok, did already test it and I can confirm that it's (4.6.2 with il2cpp backend) not working :)

- just testing an empty project with a single scene, without any scripts results in the same error (UntiyEngine.dll not being found) ..."

Are you saying, RalphH, that this bug has been fixed?

I would really appreciate it if you could take a look at the file I sent and narrow down the cause of the crash as I built that game and played it on my 32 bit device over 100 times. The stripped down file I sent ran fine in the editor before I sent it. The non-stripped down file is a very large one and I couldn't upload it. Thanks very much.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  32. SeungJunKim

SeungJunKim

When will you plan to update 4.6.2p1?

We've stuck on this error~~!!

33. theskyjoker

theskyjoker

I tried to build my project to iOS via il2cpp with Unity 4.6.2, and it just stuck at Postprocessing Player.

The last word in the editor log is:
    Invoking UnusedByteCodeStripper2 with arguments: -out "......."(project folders) blablabla

Did anybody have similar problems? How to fix this?

34. Ville

I find it strange that this particular library is getting the compiler to hang, after all it's only using managed c# code. It's unfortunate that the compiler can't even produce an error message from it, it only hangs forever.

35. Ville

We had this exact problem, and pinpointed it to Smooth.Foundations library. No fix known.

36. ArjunN

ArjunN

It takes me 15 minutes to build our project during which it appears that it's stuck halfway through "postprocessing player", but it does finish eventually. I find that it also depends on what you have in the link.xml.

37. tomtc123

tomtc123

Hi,
    I had problem with ios 64-bit when use WebRequest in my project. Did anybody tell me which version of Unity can WebRequest support with IL2CPP.Thank you so much.

38. Ville

At least for me it's really stuck, it's been building the project with that single library in it for hours, nothing happens.

39. imkc

imkc

Report Number: 669266
    Thanks.

40. lukaszunity

lukaszunity

Administrator

One thing that can prolong the builds with iOS/IL2CPP is [PostProcessBuild].

If you have any scripts that update the generated iOS Xcode project after the build process is done, then these script might take longer for the IL2CPP backend compared to Mono, because the IL2CPP generated Xcode project is different and includes all the IL2CPP generated .cpp files.

41. Ville

At least Smooth.Foundations is apparently not using the PostProcessBuild attribute.

42. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

I looked into the Smooth.Foundations bug yesterday. The problem is that Smooth.Foundations have some recursively generic types, which makes IL2CPP inflate them to infinity (practically - it actually stops at depth of 10). That's why it takes so long to build - it's writing out all these types to C++. The build after next one (that is, not 4.6.2p1) should have a fix that should make it build faster.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  43. Ville

Thanks! Waiting for the fix eagerly... :)

44. C2tP

C2tP

I know there's talk about WebRequest not fully working but what about other networking support? Is it just me or does System.Net.Sockets not work yet for iOS? I've tried multiple socket libraries that do not seem to work in 4.6.2 OR 5.0. Even the http://files.unity3d.com/jonas/WebSockets.unitypackage package that I saw linked by a Unity guy doesn't work for me on device(though the topic was in reference to webGL).

Everything else seems to be working in 4.6.2 except for sockets, which is a big deal for our game. Is this something that will be coming soon? Is anyone else having luck with sockets on iOS?

Thank you

45. ArjunN

ArjunN

Thanks for the explanation. We do have a couple of third party plugins that use PostProcessBuild. Can't do without them so we'll just have to live with it for the moment.

46. Banderous

Banderous

Is System.ThreadPool not implemented? Tasks submitted to QueueUserWorkItem are never executed.

47. Waqqas Meraj

Waqqas Meraj

We are using Unity 4.6.2. SHA256Managed.Create() returns null on XCode with il2cpp backend.
    Code (CSharp):
    2. usingUnityEngine;
    3. usingSystem;
    4. usingSystem.IO;
    5. usingSystem.Text;
    6. usingSystem.Security.Cryptography;
    8. public class SHA256Test : MonoBehaviour {
    10. //Usethisforinitialization
    11. voidStart () {
    13. SHA256shaHash = SHA256Managed.Create();
    14. if( shaHash == null )
    15.  {
    16. Debug.Log( "SHA256 null" );
    17.  }else
    18.  {
    19. Debug.Log( "SHA256 ok" );
    20.  }
    22.  }
    24. }
    On Unity Editor : It produces output "SHA256 ok".
    On XCode build, wtih il2cpp backend, the output is "SHA256 null"

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong here?

48. bluescrn

bluescrn

System.Security.Cryptography does seem problematic - I've not been able to get a DES CryptoStream working, and somebody also had DES problems earlier in this thread.

I'm also using MD5 hashes (MD5.Create(), MD5.ComputeHash()), and those seem OK though.

TeorikDeli likes this.
  49. tcossairt

tcossairt

Can someone from Unity please please address if this is being looked at? We are also seeing this exception during serialization and prevents our game from being published in the near term future until a patch for this is released. :-(

50. Lucas-Meijer

Lucas-Meijer

Unity Technologies

@catacomber, hey, lukaszunity has been looking at various problems your project ran into yesterday and today, and has the project running on il2cpp now. We're working hard to get the required il2cpp fixes to land. The internal cutoff for getting fixes into the next patch release (eta thursday) is in 2 hours and 10 minutes, so it's going to be very tight, and there is a good chance that they'll land in the patch release after that. We'll let you know if the fixes made it to thursdays build or not.