Search Unity

4.6.2 Breaks BlackBerry Build Options [MacOSX][SOLVED]

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by MrEsquire, Jan 10, 2015.

1. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Hi all,

Seems Blackberry is still suffering from lack of love.
    Currently using 4.6.1p3 and I try and upload a Token file on Mac Yosemite latest
    I get the bellow error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Win32Exception: ApplicationName='/Applications/Unity4.6.1p3/Unity.app/Contents/PlaybackEngines/BlackBerryPlayer/Tools/blackberry-tools/bin/blackberry-nativepackager', CommandLine='-listmanifest DebugToken2.bar', CurrentDirectory='/Users/Esquire/Desktop/BlackBerry Keys'
    2. System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
    3. System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
    There is more to the error but dont want paste a long message.

Can someone check if they have similar issues please.
    Thanks

2. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Works fine in 4.6.1 so the patch broke it!

3. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

That sounds less than awesome. Have you submitted a bug? If so post the case number and I'll poke some people.

4. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

More errors in Patch 4, no errors in 4.6.1.

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEditor.PlayerSettingsEditor.BeginSettingsBox (Int32 nr, UnityEngine.GUIContent header)
    3. UnityEditor.PlayerSettingsEditor.ResolutionSectionGUI (BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, ISettingEditorExtension settingsExtension)
    4. UnityEditor.PlayerSettingsEditor.OnInspectorGUI ()
    5. UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean forceDirty, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect, Boolean eyeDropperDirty)
    6. UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()
    Seriously Alex maybe you should ask the Unity QA if they are awake, because I'm getting bored of these bugs, this is basic stuff that seems to have gone wrong with the patch releases. BTW Im being negative here because these kind of bugs I dont have 2 weeks to wait for resolutions as need update my app asap, and by the time I post a bug report I will get asked for a REPO, which is not needed! so again more time wasting.

Thank God for Dual installs of Unity, constant changing from build to build.

Sorry you have to hear the rant

5. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Update: Unity 5 beta 21 no issues.
    Cannot use this build for final project because of separate shader problem.

Also in Unity 5 beta when I build my game, no issues in-game.
    With 4.6.1 I'm getting some uGUI issues with black screen in game play.

6. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Are you still having issues with 4.6 builds? Just following up.

7. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Yes issue is still in 4.6.2, I tried number of things, but get same error message each time, when trying to select the Token file etc, only happens on MacOSX 10.10.2 now.
    (NO FIX)

EDIT: The Black Screen issue is due to this: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/black-screen-with-full-screen-image-effects.294613/
    BIG BUG!!! (Fix done for 4.6.2patch1, so will test when out)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  8. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Have you submitted a bug for this? I just tried with a fresh project on 4.6.2p1 on my Yosemite machine and wasn't able to see the stack trace you posted. Either the problem was fixed or I've got my project setup just so it happens to work. :)

9. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Yes I tried this also, when you do fresh project, all looks ok, not as bad, BUT
    Now in your fresh project can you please try and goto Publishing Settings -> Debug Token -> Import Token
    Try and import a token file, ask one the QAs if you don't have one, at this point issue comes up(Win32Exception)

I need to confirm if you get this or not then its definitely my PC settings and not Unity.

10. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Yep I was able to import a debug token into my fresh project without issue. Hrm... I wonder if it's an issue with spaces in the path to either the debug token or project. Do you have any spaces in folder names in your path to the project or debug token?

11. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Thanks Alex much appreciated, then this maybe some issues specific to my setup.
    I just changed the path and token name all lowercase letters, no spaces in the path.
    Using 4.6.2patch1, all working in 4.6.1 as mentioned.

Full error presented when Importing token:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Win32Exception: ApplicationName='/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/PlaybackEngines/BlackBerryPlayer/Tools/blackberry-tools/bin/blackberry-nativepackager', CommandLine='-listmanifest mytoken.bar', CurrentDirectory='/Users/Esquire/Desktop/bbkeys'
    2. System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
    3. System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
    4. System.Diagnostics.Process.Start ()
    5. (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()
    6. UnityEditor.Utils.Program.Start ()
    7. UnityEditor.BB10.BB10Utilities.ExecuteSystemProcess (System.String command, System.String args, System.String workingdir, Boolean displayProgress, System.String progressTitle, System.String progressInfo) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/BlackBerryPlayer/Extensions/Managed/BB10Utilities.cs:471)
    8. UnityEditor.BB10.BB10Utilities.ExecuteSystemProcess (System.String command, System.String args, System.String workingdir) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/BlackBerryPlayer/Extensions/Managed/BB10Utilities.cs:454)
    9. UnityEditor.BB10.BB10Utilities.GetDebugTokenDetails (System.String path) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/BlackBerryPlayer/Extensions/Managed/BB10Utilities.cs:38)
    10. UnityEditor.BB10.BB10Utilities.ProcessDebugToken (System.String path) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/BlackBerryPlayer/Extensions/Managed/BB10Utilities.cs:127)
    11. UnityEditor.BB10.BB10SettingsEditorExtension.PublishSectionGUI (Single h, Single kLabelFloatMinW, Single kLabelFloatMaxW) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/BlackBerryPlayer/Extensions/Managed/BB10SettingsEditorExtension.cs:124)
    12. UnityEditor.PlayerSettingsEditor.PublishSectionGUI (BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, ISettingEditorExtension settingsExtension)
    13. UnityEditor.PlayerSettingsEditor.OnInspectorGUI ()
    14. UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean forceDirty, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect, Boolean eyeDropperDirty)
    15. UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()
    Does not tell me much..

12. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Looks like Unity is having issues running the blackberry tools... If you don't mind doing some experimentation with the command line could you cd into your /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/PlaybackEngines/BlackBerryPlayer/Tools/blackberry-tools/bin folder?

I don't think the tools in here are installed with execution privileges so you may need to 'sudo chmod 755 *' in that directory in order to run them from command line.

Once you've got it to the point that you can run it on the command line try: ./blackberry-nativepackager -listManifest <path to your debug token>

Let me know if this errors out, it "should" dump out all the info stored in your Debug Token so don't post it here... unless it errors. Running it by hand on command line may get us some more information and/or narrow down the cause of the issue.

Edit:

On second thought the lack of execution privileges sounds like a problem to me and adding the execution flag with the chmod command may fix the problem entirely if this works for you. I'll do some more experimenting on my end to see if I can repro.

13. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Hey dude, good news, it seems to be the permission issue, after I did Sudo Chmod on the directory, I then tried to load token again in the Editor and this time no error was present. After all this time of debugging , would never come to the conclusion it was a permission issue.

Can you confirm if some recent changes in the Unity builds where done to the permissions on MacOSX?
    If so maybe this needs to be changed back in a patch release.

Let me know your thoughts?

14. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Yeah I'll look into it to see what's up.

15. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

MrEsquire likes this.
  16. Snupiman

Snupiman

There is still error poping up in console (screenshot attached). I am using Unity 4.6.3 and Java 7 Update 71. I can create debug token and upload it to BB Z10 with no problem. Also I can build the project but when I hit Build and Run this problem will occur. I tried Empty project and it gives me same error.

Previously on Unity 4.6.1 same Java It was working flawlessly. No errors. But something has gone wrong with these latest updates.

What do you guys suggest?

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 13.35.55.png

UPDATE: I am on MAC Yosemite with latest updates.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  17. Snupiman

Snupiman

18. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

QA started looking into this on Friday. I'll catch up with them today to see if they were able to reproduce. If could send a bug report and post the case # here that may help them in reproducing the issue.

19. Snupiman

Snupiman

Just submitted the bug report. Will provide case # as soon as I get one. Thanks Alex!

20. Snupiman

Snupiman

Hey here is the case number "Case 685554". I hope this get resolved soon. Thanks you Alex

21. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Hey there, thanks for submitting the bug report. I'll get QA to take a look.

Snupiman likes this.
  22. Snupiman

Snupiman

Hey ADAM.

It seems that Unity 4.6.5 has solved the problem for me. At least it's working now. Unity pushed the app to my Z10 device with new and old projects. Little slow but it works!

THANK YOU for your care and help. From now on you are the guy to talk to in terms of Unity and BlackBerrry.

Speak soon!

Mike