Search Unity

3rd person rail shooter control mechanics

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by flim, Mar 30, 2012.

1. flim

flim

I like rail shooter very much, maybe this type of game is outdated but I like it :)

Here is my deliverable after 3 night of work.

2. fivearchers

fivearchers

The graphics are off to a nice start, but it seems like the controls may be far too loose or unresponsive (hard to tell just watch it). Might need to allow the camera to move a bit more (but still within rails), or possibly hide the ship if it's only going to be target shooting.

3. lilymontoute

lilymontoute

I think it looks great - your crosshairs could use a bit of work though. I recommend setting up three billboards at different distances, to give a "cone" sort of crosshair - it helps a lot with aiming for games like these.

4. flim

flim

I don't use different range corsshair billboards because the player move the crosshair not the ship, and the ship will fire projectile to anywhere the crosshair point at, the rotation of the ship is just illusion only.

I intent the control didn't like StarFox, but more like SWTOR I think (I don't have SWTOR but watch the video).

I change the camera a bit, with a little pan and tilt. You can try on the following link, welcome for comment and critic.

WebPlayer