Search Unity

3rd person character controller camera of Unity 5.1

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by HamFar, Jun 17, 2015.

1. HamFar

HamFar

Having upgraded to Unity 5.1 every time I drag a 3rd person character controller prefab and drop it into the scene, I get the following warning message:

Warning: no main camera found. Third person character needs a Camera tagged "MainCamera", for camera-relative controls.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    UnityStandardAssets.Characters.ThirdPerson.ThirdPersonUserControl:Start() (at Assets/Standard Assets/Characters/ThirdPersonCharacter/Scripts/ThirdPersonUserControl.cs:26)

Is this just to warn me that I would need an additional camera on my character if I wanted to do customized stuff, or is it just a bug?

Things are running OK and my main camera in the scene is enough and the character walks around fine (I mean to my basic knowledge things seem fine for this default situation) so I am wondering why this warning msg keeps popping up...

2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

Do you have a camera in your scene that has the tag "MainCamera" ? If yes its is a wired error.
    Of not you should tag your main camera with the tag "MainCamera" so all scripts that are searching for it will find it.

Katepompom and HamFar like this.
  3. HamFar

HamFar

Thank you. Spot on. I did have a main camera, called Camera but untagged. I selected the tag MainCamera which resolved the issue. Cheers!

4. HamFar

HamFar

@ fffMalzbier: What about the avatar's speed? I keep changing the speed-related settings, but the character always seems to be running when I press the key W.

5. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

I have no experience with the character controller so i can't say anything useful about that problem at the moment.
    For a good response you should post the problem with a little more information into a new thread with a nice descriptive title. That way people who have better knowledge in this area can see your post and respond.

HamFar likes this.
  6. Harmony_Studios_Mexico

Harmony_Studios_Mexico

¡Hola! me aparece el mismo mensaje: "Advertencia: no se encontró la cámara principal. El personaje en tercera persona necesita una cámara etiquetada \" MainCamera \ ", para los controles relativos a la cámara". y mi personaje no funciona en el escenario, la unidad me pide que recopile todo lo necesario, pero la verdad es que no sé qué hacer, ya que si activé la cámara principal pero no funciona ... alguien puede ayudarme ?

7. Daniel-Fernando-Fajardo

Daniel-Fernando-Fajardo

Wey coje la camara y en el inspector ponle el "Tag" de "Main camera" y listo mi compa, ya no te saldra ningun error, dale like y suscribete.