Search Unity

1. All Pro and Enterprise subscribers: find helpful & inspiring creative, tech, and business know-how in the new Unity Success Hub. Sign in to stay up to date.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3rd party switch controllers not getting recognized as a Switch Pro Controller

Discussion in 'Input System' started by print_helloworld, Jan 7, 2021.

1. print_helloworld

print_helloworld

I've bought a HORIPAD switch pro controller that is official licensed by Nintendo and it was recognized as a generic joystick and not a Gamepad of any kind (Windows). I figured it might be because the vendor and product IDs dont match the ones of the original switch controller, and if I wired the 3rd party controller to the original it would work. Doing that gives correct input for the dpad, shoulders, triggers, plus/minus, left/right stick presses, leaving the left and right sticks and the ABXY buttons to be misconfigured.

But the horipad controller is supposed to work with the Switch as its supported official, therefore the data layout of the og switch pro and HORIPAD's should be the same right? Does this mean that the original switch pro controller isn't correctly handled then? Or is the original one correct, but the console is able to handle multiple types of controller data layouts (this wouldn't make sense)?

I was able to implement the 3rd party controller as a Gamepad using this layout, but my question is, are 3rd party controllers not officially supported despite them theoretically being no different than the originally supported controller?

Vendor ID: 0xf0d
    Product ID: 0xc1 (HORIPAD S)
    Manufacturer: HORI CO.,LTD.
    Amazon link

2. print_helloworld

print_helloworld

Same thing with the PowerA core plus controller, rewiring it to use my written layout makes it work perfectly.

Vendor ID: 0x20d6
    Product ID: 0xa711 (Core (Plus) Wired Controller)
    Manufacturer: ?

unityunity