Search Unity

3rd Party Asset Folder

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Held0fTheWelt, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

Yeah, i am thinking about where to put all my 3rd party assets.
    I know, all the scripts, i own from theese, and don't really refer to my own projects code, which don't really change, as i import them from the asset store, should go to the Standard Asset folder, as this - as long as it doesn't changes - only compiles once, which is really fantastic.

But this only is related to the scripting part, isn't it ?
    Is it possible to make something same for all that given textures, materials, shaders and stuff ?
    Do they go into the same directory ?

I first thought, i would make an assembly definition file for this, but theese are related to the scripts only, too, as i can see.

I think, it would be a great to save time, if they could be treatet like the scripts.

Is there some way to do this ?

2. DerrickMoore

DerrickMoore

I think, that yes.. as long as your "3rd party asset" folder is under your Assets folder, you should be fine... but the folder you make, has to be inside the projects Asset folder, I think

Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Everything needs to be in the Assets folder (I'm not talking about a Standard Assets subfolder that Unity usually puts their Standard Assets in). After that there are a few special folders like Resources and Editor, but other than that you can set up any structure you want.

4. verybinary

verybinary

Assets don't usually have a standard place of putting anything. I usually let them make whatever mess they make, and add an aaaaa folder to put all my meshes, textures, prefabs etc. That way, I can generally ignore everything else.