Search Unity

Question 3DSMAX 2020 FBX to Unity 2019

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by AnimationSB, Mar 9, 2021.

1. AnimationSB

AnimationSB

I currently have a project modeled in 3dsMax 2020, on the Arnold Renderer. The geometry all have Standard Surface materials applied to them, with bitmap textures applied to the base color.
    upload_2021-3-9_13-34-35.png
    upload_2021-3-9_13-34-54.png

I was able to successfully export the elements as FBX (with embed media selected)
    Initially, no materials and textures were coming out. I came across a guide online that showed me the work-around by extracting the Textures and Materials. This part worked fine. All the materials and textures loaded to the Unity project folder.

upload_2021-3-9_13-36-18.png

In the tutorial video however, the textures automatically came up on the Unity Scene and the model's visuals was updated as soon as these were extracted.

(The tutorial I followed:
    )

In my case, the textures were copied to the folder, but they were not automatically attached to the materials in the model.
    upload_2021-3-9_13-38-59.png

I could select and apply the textures again manually, and it works then, but this is not going to be efficient for the rest of the project.

I tried to backtrack and redo the process to see if I missed a step, but everything seems to be in place. What is resulting in this error? There should be a way to export the FBX and keep the texture links accurately.
    upload_2021-3-9_13-39-59.png