Search Unity

3ds max users - Deselecting verts during envelop editor

Discussion in 'Animation' started by jessee03, Sep 3, 2013.

1. jessee03

jessee03

I was wondering if anyone knows how to Deselect verts during the envelop editor. It's very frustrating because I'm doing simple animations and my bone structures are always animating verts that I don't want to be animated when I move those bones. I've tried a lot of tutorials but cannot seem to figure it out.

2. Foestar

Foestar

Not really sure what you mean? You mean when you animate your object it's moving some of the verts that you don't want it to? If this is the case then just adust your envelope so as to not include those verts by adjusting it's size and or parent/child overlap which can be found under your physique/envelope. If you're trying to alter the vert itself then select the vertex option under the same location and adjust accordingly there.

3. jessee03

jessee03

If you're skinning an object with bones, you are able to Select a bone and then edit envelops which can be used to Select which parts of the model animate when moving the bones. My problem is when I adjust the nodes on the bones there's no way to Select less verts it seems. I want to be able to directly Select which verts animate when moving the bones.

4. Swearsoft

Swearsoft

You select the bone that is influencing the vertex, you also select the vertex that is moving, you then reduce the bone weight to zero.

5. Binderysc

Binderysc

Foestart, I used what you have stated here. It does help me a lot. I do not have any issue at all about few verts that are moving even if I do not want them too. Thumbs up, mate!