Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

3ds Max CAT avatar transform misalign error

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Shitman, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Shitman

Shitman

First, the model have no error when export to Unity, everything work fine. But If I do something in 3ds Max, there will be error in Unity about the transform misalginment on avatar.

In 3ds Max,
    1. Export the CAT with animation to FBX file A.
    2. Save the CAT in the standard rig file
    3. Create a new CAT by loading the save file in step 2.
    4. Import the animation to the CAT in step 3.
    5. Export the CAT to FBX file B.

In Unity,
    1. Import FBX A, (no error)
    2. Import FBX B, (no error)
    3. Set FBX B avatar as a copy from FBX A.
    4. Now, you can see the error on FBX B.

But the CAT are same in 3ds Max, how come the error?

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Are both rigs exported in T pose?
    Try to emforce T pose on both models in Unity. After enforcing T pose save avatar from A then enforce T pose on B and apply avatar to B. See if that helps.

How bad are the errors? Rig Mismatches might not matter much if they are minor - once animations are applied.

3. Shitman

Shitman

They are not human, so i cannot use T-Pose setting, and I already made many animation clip, I really don't want to adjust them one by one.

My current solution is to not use the rig save in 3ds Max. The save is not 100% same as the original rig, and the problem show up in FBX.