Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

3ds Max Baking Textures Render Farm?

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by NathanRR, Sep 15, 2020.

1. NathanRR

NathanRR

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has used, and can recommend, a render farm for baking textures in 3ds max. We do not need to render animation/video or a single frame. We have found plenty of companies that do this.

What we cannot find is a company that will actually do the baking of textures/light maps and that is what I'm wondering if anyone here has any knowledge in!

Thank you for your time.

2. abdelmajidint

abdelmajidint

I got some recommendations from colleagues and friends working in 3D. Still, all the recommendations were based on word of mouth, and actual experience with these services is limited among my circle of friends and colleagues.

3. millener

millener

I was working on a project where I needed to bake down a high-resolution normal map from a photograph of a model.

4. REDACT3D_

REDACT3D_

I normally just do this in blender in cycles with the bake button
    geez how many objects are you doin'?

5. thedricbridjmo

thedricbridjmo

Due to the model's high poly count, my computer could not handle baking the texture in real-time (this is common when dealing with huge models). My office computer is also not equipped for rendering (GPU doesn't have enough memory). So, I decided to try using one of those render farms available on the web for rendering jobs using distributed computing like https://forgehub.net (the type of service offered by companies like Amazon, Google, and so on).

6. REDACT3D_

REDACT3D_

gotcha. What kind of poly count are we talkin?
    Are you workin with 3d scans or just high poly models from a work environment?