Search Unity

[3DRT - Characters Pack] - Fantasy peasants construction kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by s23DRT-com388, Jul 31, 2011.

1. s23DRT-com388

s23DRT-com388

Fantasy peasants construction kit

Characters designed for fantasy RPG games. Kit allows to change heads, haircuts, beards, bodies, pants, shoes etc.
    65 animations including all imaginable actions.
    .unitypackage included.

P.S. We are looking for a unity3d expert to create a quality showroom demo for this pack. We will grant commercial license for this pack in exchange. Past experience is important. We'd like to see character showroom samples as well.

2. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

Awesome :) I really like these. Will you be doing a matching female pack as well? If so, will there be a joint package price like with the Real People? If so I will wait for bundle pricing, unless you can deal with that when female released.

Regards

Graham.

3. Alienchild

Alienchild

Very nice for portables. Will you be doing a high-poly version as well?

4. p6r

p6r

WOW ! Fantastic ! :)

As usual and unfortunately I don't receive any newsletters or any offers from you... :( :( :(

6R

5. s23DRT-com388

s23DRT-com388

p5r, this time newsletter wasn't sent out yet :) We planned to send it when warriors pack is published as well.
    As for the offers a summer sale just started on our products so you can get 30% discount on all products for 2 weeks.
    Discount code is "summer".
    This was announced on our facebook page.

6. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

NIce.

Will you be doing a matching female pack at some point?

Regards

Graham

7. maidamedia

maidamedia

too much for me even with discount code!

8. s23DRT-com388

s23DRT-com388

Moria, yes we definitely plan a matching female pack as for all our sets.
    maidamedia, you could have got it for free if you read my 1st post.

9. maidamedia

maidamedia

You are NOT right 3DRT.com, I read it but I supposed you already found a crowd of guys asking to realize the webplayer demo!
    Anyway a better starting price of 100 $ would be much appreciated. Create a new discount code, something like buyittoday ....
    The pack is really really nice as usual.

10. s23DRT-com388

s23DRT-com388

Not a single person desired to work on unity3d showroom ;)

11. onllm

onllm

do those work well on mobile platform?

12. mehware

mehware

This guy does top notch work. Bought many products from him and have used in many of my iOS games. Dead Man's Dungeon, Lockdown, Viking Funeral, etc. Keep it Up!

13. s23DRT-com388

s23DRT-com388

14. Cico

Cico

Awesome I really love these. Good job

15. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

Looking at the makeup of these.. are the clothing items and features like beard, hair weapons etc interchangeable between the two packs?

Regards

Graham

16. s23DRT-com388

s23DRT-com388

Nope, each pack has own features.

17. maidamedia

maidamedia

Is the Unity 3d demo available in the pack?

18. s23DRT-com388

s23DRT-com388

Do you mean the source files for the Unity showroom?

19. dongillett

dongillett

I have purchased the peasant kit, imported the unity package, and have a character in my scene just fine. I'm hitting two problems.
    1) When I add a ThirdPersonController to the model I can get it to walk fine but the walk animation does not loop. When I look at the property inspector for the Walk animation, the WrapMode is set to Default instead of Loop like other walk animations typically are. This is a read only property so I don't know how to get the walk animation to go through more than one iteration. I'm guessing some of the other animations may have the same problem.
    2) The scale is super small. I have to bump the scale up by 100 but when I do all of the ThirdPersonController settings are relative to the initial scale... then scaled up in the scene. When I adjust the CharacterController sizing of the collision capsule it turns into a sphere when it gets small enough to fit. I tried to add another node to the outside of the skeleton and scale that instead of the root GameObject, but then animations don't get hooked up correctly.
    I'm sure I'll be really happy with this pack once I get it fitting into Unity correctly... but I can't seam to get the right tweaks in place to make it CharacterController and ThirdPersonController friendly.

20. dongillett

dongillett

The scaling problem I was able to work around. When I scaled by 100 I was able to divide the required CharacterController settings by 100 and my collision capsule turned out fine. I don't know why that didn't work in the first go around.

I also worked around the walk animation looping setting by changing the code in the ThirdPersonController code to set the wrapMode on the animation to Loop since I couldn't adjust this on the animation from the inspector. I imagine if I import the fbx file directly I could control this but I liked the convenience of just importing the unity package and having everything placed correctly.