Search Unity

3DForge Exteriors

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by S4G4N, Apr 6, 2015.

1. S4G4N

S4G4N

Here you go !!!

Gaia is on at a nice discount
    I have added the Gaia integration with the last Update, so good reason to also run a SPECIAL :)

Village Exteriors Kit -25% SPECIAL !!!
    Village Interiors Kit companion package

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  2. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Here is a little speed level design showing off Gaia + Gena + some of the really awesome small holdings and other assets from Village Exteriors and Village Interiors. It also shows you how to do amazing lighting and post FX.

Shows what you can do in a short amount of time with great tools and great art!!

BackwoodsGaming, S4G4N and TeagansDad like this.
  3. S4G4N

S4G4N

Het @AdamGoodrich ,

Stunning man, you a Unity Mata inspiring us all to make even better looking projects
    Great video and as always the results just so good looking :)

Cheers
    Cobus

BackwoodsGaming and AdamGoodrich like this.
  4. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi Cobus,

Just played a little bit with some sets from your Interiors Kit and Beautify + Volumetric Fog & Mist and HBAO to give some artistic touch:

Cheers!

5. smada-luap

smada-luap

WIP shot for the castle - sorting out design ideas for the main towers :)

screen_1920x1080_2016-11-28_19-13-30.jpg

6. virror

virror

A very early interiors concept for our new VR project : )
    Interiors are part of the main scene, so you just open the door and walk inside.

interior1.jpg interior2.jpg interior3.jpg

7. S4G4N

S4G4N

TeagansDad likes this.
  8. virror

virror

Well, it uses some very nice assets : D

S4G4N and TeagansDad like this.
  9. smada-luap

smada-luap

That reminds me that I need to create a blacksmith's forge for my castle :) (never had need of those prefabs up to now :) lol)

S4G4N likes this.
  10. smada-luap

smada-luap

An in-editor shot of the castle layout at the moment. The (current) plan is to build the main town around this and then lead off into other interesting areas on the map - so very much a WIP :D

Overhead.png

11. S4G4N

S4G4N

Very nice to see an aerial birds eye view of aa large castle compound layout

TeagansDad likes this.
  12. virror

virror

Looks nice! The bridge looks a bit "impossible" though and kind of flat on the bottom side.

13. Teila

Teila

It's magical! :)

BackwoodsGaming and S4G4N like this.
  14. S4G4N

S4G4N

I think it is still to get one of the many parapet choices as an edging with that just the base structure

TeagansDad likes this.
  15. smada-luap

smada-luap

Got it in one :)

16. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

@S4G4N - did the vaulted rooftops make it into the Castles & Cathedrals update? I've been searching for them but I can't find them. :) I've got a castle interior that just looks wrong with a flat roof due to the size of the room.

S4G4N likes this.
  17. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi,
    That and another roof-type for the Castles/Cathedrals is almost ready with the rest of the mini Update contents
    Cheers
    Cobus

TeagansDad likes this.
  18. virror

virror

You talked a bit about making some new packages, any hints on what it might be? : D

S4G4N likes this.
  19. S4G4N

S4G4N

;) The announced package(s) will have their own new threads where I will reveal when I have a good selection of contents to show off :):):)

20. virror

virror

Ohh, super secret stuff, exciting! : D

S4G4N likes this.
  21. smada-luap

smada-luap

As soon as he creates the threads, you can guarantee one of the first replies will be "Is it done yet?"

(probably because it'll come from me :D lol)

22. S4G4N

S4G4N

HEHE, I know :D;)

23. virror

virror

: D

S4G4N likes this.
  24. Whippets

Whippets

Is it done yet?

S4G4N, kittik and TeagansDad like this.
  25. S4G4N

S4G4N

TeagansDad likes this.
  26. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Hey everyone, if you ever wanted to create cut-scenes, fly-throughs or videos of the cool scenes you create you with your Village Exteriors Kit, then check this video out.

I released a major new version of Pegasus today and as usual there were farmsteads from Village Exteriors Kit, which I added into the scene with Gena.

Whats sort of cool about this is that the level design took 15 minutes, and the video took another 10!

27. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Cobus,

I love your work, however, I'd love to see the ability to age\"grungify" the models\textures so they don't look so pristine. Besides that, these are all top notch models!

Thanks,
    Steve

mwituni and S4G4N like this.
  28. S4G4N

S4G4N

HI,

Thanks for the compliment.

Had an email from another user that as again for cleaner textures, saying that for his project these are too weathered.
    I have no coding or shader making skills.
    Many times art publishers get mailed on reviews when specialty extras are added to their projects.
    That feature could then have code or other problems that earns the publisher negative reviews for features that is not what he intended to sell and is not part of his skill set to do as well as actual art.

I focus on what I am good at and leave the coders at what they are good at.
    There are tools on the AssetStore that can possibly help you achieve that which you are looking for.
    It is the same as asking a tools publisher to also give you some very specialized artwork included in the code related product

I trust this makes sense

Cheers
    Cobus

29. virror

virror

Since all textures are atlased, its pretty quick to modify them, or to add a second "dirt" texure on top using the standard shader.

Edit: And just to annoy you with more ideas, i would love to see a ore smelter type of building : )
    That would be a perfect compliment to the forge already in the interior kit.

30. smada-luap

smada-luap

You could always look to add decals on top of various prefabs to give a different look.

StevenPicard, TeagansDad and S4G4N like this.
  31. smada-luap

smada-luap

Good point. The 'detail' part of the standard shader seems to get overlooked by a lot of folks, including me at times, and that can add in an extra layer of what may be needed to 'grungify' it :)

StevenPicard and S4G4N like this.
  32. virror

virror

Yeah, it seems to be made for that exact purpose, to add additional details on top of an existing texture. Never used it myself though to be honest, just got a flashback and remembered its there : D

StevenPicard and S4G4N like this.
  33. Acissathar

Acissathar

If you're feeling exceptionally artistic you could try running it through Substance Designer and creating some procedural textures for the models so you can tweak every aspect of it.

That's way beyond my skillset though.

S4G4N likes this.
  34. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

If you tried to implement everything users wanted you wouldn't win, would you. :D

It makes sense and I meant no offense. Your work is great. I'm just a programmer and definitely no artist. :) Some other user's gave me some great suggestions that I'll look into.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

S4G4N likes this.
  35. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Thanks, everyone, for the great suggestions. I'll look into those options.

36. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey @StevenPicard

I took no offense at all ;) . I just wanted to in the best possible way explain what my position is and at the same time be humble and non offensive to you and other users.
    I do understand that the field of taste is huge and I through the FREE updates and HUGE packs try to deliver the best value for money I can with the skills I have.

Glad that you do understand ;)

Cheers
    Cobus

37. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi all of you 3DForge supporters,

Just a reminder if you have not already done so that you can grab this great FREE Combo BP Sword & Shield Inn
    You need to have the Village Interiors Kit as well as Village Exteriors Kit installed to make use of this package.

Even though it is free, it would be appreciated to leave a STAR rating and a possible review
    Here is a small glimpse at the inside - the character and sound data of course ;)

Cheers
    Cobus

38. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

That reminds me. I owe you three 5 star reviews. :)

S4G4N likes this.
  39. S4G4N

S4G4N

That will be a nice Christmas present to me ;)

40. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I just gave you 6 reviews with 5 stars each! Well deserved for awesome work and value (I actually forgot the Fantasy Loot and Treasure Kit was by you, too. :))

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    BackwoodsGaming, S4G4N and TeagansDad like this.
  41. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi @StevenPicard
    WOW, thanks for all the positive reviews.

The core of my business with 3DForge is building a loyal user base though value for money, quality and quantity.
    To be successful I have to make the users part of the journey. Nice to have you and so many others on board and in that way help many others realize there game development dreams be it serious or hobby come to life.

I will keep the good stuff flowing ;)

Cheers
    Cobus

StevenPicard, TeagansDad and Adrad like this.
  42. smada-luap

smada-luap

I think you need to otherwise there'll be a lot of angry people after you with pitchforks :)

StevenPicard, TeagansDad and S4G4N like this.
  43. S4G4N

S4G4N

Well, when that part of the Exteriors FREE update comes, I will even include a pitchfork for you :)

44. Grendelbiter

Grendelbiter

I have a question regarding the textures used. Why is there an Oclusion map but not a specular map? Or is there one and I haven't seen it? I think it would look a lot better if it would follow the metal rough pbr workflow. Is because it's more performant like that?

S4G4N likes this.
  45. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi,

It is to be in sinc to what was done from the start for the Village Exteriors Kit.
    It is the companion package to the Village Interiors Kit, so if I added that now at this stage everyone is going to expect all of that also to be added to ALL of the many Village Interiors Kit texture sheets.

I need to also do NEW non FREE work to keep things sustainable and financially viable :)

Cheers
    Cobus

46. woeski

woeski

So where can i get the characters you used for the inn?

S4G4N likes this.
  47. Whippets

Whippets

Are they Fuse by Mixamo?

48. S4G4N

S4G4N

My friend @tango9jeff made the video for me a while back.
    I am sure he will share where he obtained it from when he is notified of the tag
    Cheers
    Cobus

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  49. Revelation_Jeff

Revelation_Jeff

Hi, The characters were from the asset store. I think some old dexsoft characters. Not the best but good test models for prototyping =)

Thanks for the reminder Cobus!

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  50. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Sorry for not reading through all the million pages here, this is obviously a popular asset!

I am looking at maybe getting this as the modeling and modularity looks really great, and the sheer number of assets is awesome. However my concern is the textures. The textures are IMHO holding this set back and really look dated. Is there any plan to redo the textures using modern PBR techniques? This would also add to the modularity of the pack.

I may still end up getting this anyway but if I do I would have to sit down and remake all the textures in Substance before I was really happy. I presume the original model assets in FBX/ABC/OBJ are included along with clean UVs?