Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

3DForge Exteriors

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by S4G4N, Apr 6, 2015.

1. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey @Jimmy P , welcome to the thread.
    Thanks for the support for 3DForge products, all STAR ratings and possible reviews are very valuable to assist especially new users to make informed choices and invest wisely in the library of assets.

Glad you like what you see here :)

ETA:
    I can not be more specific at this time, some of the items already added for v1.0 are not ones I had planned.
    I do not want users to feel they cot a beta release that was charged at v1.0 release price tag.

With the invite to users to put forward suggestion, the list it is still growing and it will I think even more so after the v1.0 is out and you all had a chance to play with it and give feedback :):):)

Price:
    Looking at the amount of time spent, at the volume of the contents that it will launch with, as well as the road map of work that is ahead to make this package fully blossom, also knowing that the list there is not going to stay that short the current pricing will be $75 - $80

Counted meshes just now, sitting on 996 at this moment but I can imaging that the launch package will have at least double this :):):).
    *** (The Village Interiors Kit launched with 946 meshes)

So users are going to sitting with a MONSTER of a treasure trove of Medieval Fantasy building blocks and props that will eliminate the need for other purchases.

There will very likely be an early bird launch special, you know me :D as a Thank You to you the community

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    Parallaxe, Whippets and Jimmy-P like this.
  2. Jimmy-P

Jimmy-P

Sounds too good to be true! I thought the interiors pack was priced very low for the value, looks like history will repeat itself. I also really like how you have made this thread and how focused you appear to be on your customers. That attitude alone makes me want to support your work.

Looking forward to release!

S4G4N likes this.
  3. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Jimmy P
    Without you loyal supporters I will not be able to keep producing art packages and spend the time I am on it.
    It is really a win win situation that though platforms like this forum thread just grow stronger foundations.

I am very pleased with the results from the interaction and will threat each future project like this :):):)

Cheers
    Cobus

4. BaxtardWorm

BaxtardWorm

great you can not wait to come out all the images and spectacular

S4G4N likes this.
  5. Teila

Teila

Looks great! I have a rather off-topic question. I have been eyeing the water you are using in your demo shots. Does the water color/reflections change with changing light? It looks dark in your dark pictures but does it brighten with ambient light or does it stay dark unless you manually change it?

I have purchased so many water shaders that won't work for me so want to make sure this one does. Thanks!

6. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi @Teila

Yeah, that last bunch of screenshots came out very nice.

I bought it the other day on Daily Deal Special because it looks good.
    I have not played around enough to reply to that yet, when I use it again I will test and give you feedback.
    I am no coder, so I need something that is "easy", just drag and drop, this one has plenty of settings though.

I do recall that the Web Demo, you can change lighting conditions, so if you head over there, it might already and answer your question and maybe it is the one for you.

7. Teila

Teila

I did check the demo but just wanted to make sure it was not just manual but also ambient light from the skybox. :) I also need something easy. lol I have programmers on the team but they are busy with more important things. Thank you!

S4G4N likes this.
  8. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Teila I will get back to you when I have checked it out:)

Teila likes this.
  9. Wylaryzel

Wylaryzel

Another question from my side again :) I think you somewhere mentioned a atlas size of 4096px. With that size I'm a bit worry how mobile friendly it will be. I have somewhere in mind that mid-ranged mobile devices should keep a low texture size. Or will it be possible that you provide a second atlas with 2048px?

'cause if 2048px is the max for mid-ranged mobiles and you are going to enhance also the interior kit with a 4096px atlas it may render the upgrade of the interior pack not suitable anymore for myself as well.

If you have a possibility to drop your already made scenes on a mobile devices and give some feedback on the frame rate would be great.

Thx
    Wyl

S4G4N likes this.
  10. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Wylaryzel

Many other publishers have for some time been releasing asset packs with 4096 textures, so I do not think it to be a problem at all, with non of them having had that as a complaint on a review and I have seen their products run on mobile devices.

The reason for the 4096 is that everyone asked for and every publisher would like to keep future levels of hardware capability in mind when they develop and try get the longest life out of any package that they spend lots of time developing.

The Exteriors Package is 2 X the resolution of that Interiors Kit.
    All the demo scenes, screenshots for the Village Interiors Kit was done with the half size resolution and it is still of a good quality level, even higher that many current day Top-Down titles.
    If you go and take a look say at Path of Exiles, pause the game, zoom in and take a screenshot, you will be very surprised what you going to see.

With all such titles it is not about the small individual item in isolation, but the overall combined result o adding and blending these prefabs into believable World Scenes, and having a HUGE library of similar styles and textured items is what is important I think.

The walls and floors of the Village Interiors Kit I am going to look through my source material, I think I have all in the double size and will update those and others as I can.

If you need/want the Exteriors at the 50% reduced size I will gladly do such conversions and make them available to you

Cheers
    Cobus

Whippets likes this.
  11. Teila

Teila

Oh wow!! Larger atlas sizes? I didn't know that. Fantastic!! Thank you. :)

Whippets and S4G4N like this.
  12. Whippets

Whippets

4k is a good size, great in fact.

13. Wylaryzel

Wylaryzel

Hi Cobus,

thx for the offer. I only wanted to raise the point with regards to mobile - as your other kits did mentioned the mobile as well. As I don't have any parts utilizing higher texture sizes than 2k I couldn't deploy and test this to verify. Its also not the easiest thing to find out in the web - there are so many different information available and may some are already outdated.

For deployment on PC I think its the way to go. As I don't know how much work it would be to select different atlases on the models to switch between them. Nevertheless, as soon as I can grab my hand on the exterior kit, I will try to find out and let you know how well it runs with the 4k atlas.

Staying tuned
    Wyl

S4G4N likes this.
  14. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Teila

Yeah, that is great news.
    If I can just bring up some screenshots that a user @NeatWolf , whom has become a publisher of great particle effect on the Asset Store himself has achieved though custom shader.
    Here is his publisher page for those interested, he has a 5 STAR rating average
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/publisher/8348

First 3 screenshots Green Dragon Inn, the necxt 3, the Old Church demo scene

Now the Exteriors Textures are 2 times that resolution.

I think great things will be doable with the Exteriors package

Cheers
    Cobus

15. Whippets

Whippets

Bloom, Sunshafts, Ambient Obscurance; there's a host of effects to improve the ambient mood of your scenes.

S4G4N likes this.
  16. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Wylaryzel
    Great, will appreciate the feedback.
    It is logically better to do them bigger and then for your needs you will be 100$ with the reduced size and then one can scale them down, and then if future projects come up or your mobile project get pc releases, you good to go with the source material HD already

One also don't know what the mobile devices of tomorrow could do:)

Cheers
    Cobus

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  17. Teila

Teila

Are the interiors at 4k too? I haven't used them that much yet since I have been busy with other parts of the game.

18. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Teila , they are half of what the exteriors are so consider them 2K in comparison.
    As stated on an earlier post I am going to revisit the Interiors and add larger textures for the floors & walls to start with
    HD them :)

Teila and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  19. Teila

Teila

That is excellent news. I found some of them to be too fuzzy for me. I know shaders help but I kind of like a more realistic rather than dreamy look. I had actually been redoing the textures for some of the models but if you are going to up the resolution, I will put that on hold and do other things. :)

Looking forward to seeing the results!

S4G4N likes this.
  20. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi,

Just added Sawmill / Lumberyard to the * Unique buildings on the first post

Cheers
    Cobus

Whippets likes this.
  21. smada-luap

smada-luap

That updated list should keep you busy until maybe Christmas 2015 :)

S4G4N likes this.
  22. S4G4N

S4G4N

Nope :D:D

There are other completely unannounced projects that will still see the light of day before Christmas and be in your hands to use :):):)

Whippets likes this.
  23. smada-luap

smada-luap

Care to drop a few hints? :D

S4G4N likes this.
  24. S4G4N

S4G4N

When those projects have had a decent chunk of work done, I will share only :)

25. Whippets

Whippets

You are toying with us now

S4G4N likes this.
  26. smada-luap

smada-luap

In the same way that he's toying with us by not showing us any more nice pics to look at of the Exteriors Kit :)

:p @S4G4N lol

S4G4N likes this.
  27. S4G4N

S4G4N

No no, was just commenting that to get all those items done, will not take all the way to Christmas
    That I will surely have more projects out and developed by then :):):)

Busy on the wooden and stone bridge modular data, lots of options and styles there.
    I will show as soon soon

Whippets likes this.
  28. Whippets

Whippets

bridge pics or it didn't happen XD

S4G4N and smada-luap like this.
  29. Wylaryzel

Wylaryzel

As you are adding more and more prefabs - maybe it would be an idea to add all the components into one big scene which you add to the asset package? Including an std controller and we can run through the scene to see everything at once? Maybe would be cool :)

S4G4N likes this.
  30. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

He said he added them to the list.. Not that he finished them... :p But at least he posted later that he is working on them.. Patience! heheh

S4G4N likes this.
  31. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Whippets I told you I am busy with them :):):)
    Here is just a quick one, more to come later

It is in fact a whole Bridge Kit, totally modular, Wooden and Stone directories.
    These are the 2,5m wide, also geting a 5m wide, 3 different railing sides for the wood here as well as a set without any side/railing at all.
    Stone set will get more styles by default.
    Adding also nice larch arches mixing stone and wood, like gateways kind of over the end of a bridge to an area

Cheers
    Cobus

Whippets and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  32. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Any chances some will be drawbridges too?

S4G4N and Whippets like this.
  33. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Shawn67 I was going to add that as a kind of prop so that you could add it to either the stone or wooden bridge version, whatever you are using.
    Basically it will be exported with the z Axis as the "hinge" point and you can with the scripts that @Whippets has been working on rotate :):):) (hint hint ;))

BackwoodsGaming and Whippets like this.
  34. Whippets

Whippets

Great bridges Cobus XD
    heh, yeah a drawbridge and portcullis script working from levers - no problem at all :)

S4G4N likes this.
  35. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Whippets, it is going to be great to see that in action :):):)

That is a small portion of the contents of the bridge directory

Whippets likes this.
  36. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Sounds awesome.. I'm just thinking for walled cities like castles where the main gate is a drawbridge that opens/closes to permit access only at certain times or for canal bridges where a small boat taking goods to town might intersect a road..

VERY cool!

37. smada-luap

smada-luap

Can see lots of uses for itween to rotate and/or raise drawbridge and portcullis, not to mention doors, etc. Time to dust off/improve my scripts :D

38. Whippets

Whippets

I like the idea of thing that change in an MMO - they're usually so static.
    Towns would close the gates at night, castles would lower the portcullis or raise the drawbridge when attacked.

BackwoodsGaming and S4G4N like this.
  39. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Shawn67 @smada luap
    Amazing how just a "simple" cool set of items included can add SOO much more to results that can be obtained and adding further "living world" aspects to the package :):):)

Makes me happy to see the results of adding contents as we go along.

Cheers
    Cobus

40. Whippets

Whippets

@smada luap
    I'll be putting up a whole free package of scripts for all forms of hinged objects, lighting, rotating objects - just as soon as Exteriors is released :)

BackwoodsGaming and S4G4N like this.
  41. smada-luap

smada-luap

I'll wait to see what you put up and see if there's anything extra I can contribute from my own scripts that I've put together :)

BackwoodsGaming and Whippets like this.
  42. Teila

Teila

Oh boy!! I was just trying to figure out how my boat with sails was going to fit under the bridge in my village. A drawbridge is perfect! :)

Please save some time to update the textures on the interior pack. I used them today in U5 for the first time and discovered I really can't use them. :( They look fine without normals but they don't match my other items in the game that use PBR. Very sad...

Whippets and S4G4N like this.
  43. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi @Teila
    I will have that as part of the first/compatibility update that the Interiors Kit will receive

Bump up the resolution of the walls & floors to match this package

Cheers
    Cobus

44. Teila

Teila

Okay, thanks. Sorry to be difficult...but I hate to have such cool stuff in my asset store folder and be unable to use them. lol

45. Whippets

Whippets

Yes, that would be great for both sets to be PBR with 4k maps, will bring things right up to date with Unity5. Add in some GI and those interiors/exteriors are going to look stunning :)

Teila likes this.
  46. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi @Teila

Not difficult at all, I just wanted to surprise existing and new users about the texture upgrade when the Compatibility update is done, but cool, have been hinted at other places, so now everyone knows for sure ;)

Cheers
    Cobus

47. S4G4N

S4G4N

And I am back with another image

Just placing the single width and double width bridges next to each other and added the modular parts here so that you can see how simple and easy to make what you want.

Cheers
    Cobus

Teila likes this.
  48. Teila

Teila

49. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Teila

That is 100% do able ans one of the styles I wanted to do for the Stone bridges

50. Teila

Teila

I find that bridges for wider rivers are missing. I guess one could build them in pieces so you can put them together. So far, I have only been able to rescale which works fine sometimes, but can also stretch textures.