Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

3DForge Exteriors

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by S4G4N, Apr 6, 2015.

1. S4G4N

S4G4N

Thanks for the compliments on the assets, always nice to hear back from users what they think :)

If you go to the very first post that has the road map on it, you will see that I added Brewing Vats to the section under barrels and crates.

Thanks for the suggestion ;)

PS. don't forget to STAR rate and review any 3DForge packages that you might have :):):)

Cheers
    Cobus

TeagansDad and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  2. S4G4N

S4G4N

Just received these from @turboscalpeur thank you very much :):)
    He was doing some testing with Gaia from @AdamGoodrich

The combination of Gaia, Speedtrees, Buildings and HD grasses just coming together so good

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  3. docsavage

docsavage

Very nice scenes there Cobus. Some of the best I've seen you do. Really liking the mountain range in the background.

turboscalpeur and S4G4N like this.
  4. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

The first and the last pic are works of art, stunning.

5. smada-luap

smada-luap

Just some random shots of the interior of the Inn :) Only a few of the "owners" rooms left to create :)

screen_1920x1080_2016-01-30_15-32-44.jpg

screen_1920x1080_2016-01-30_15-34-22.jpg

screen_1920x1080_2016-01-30_13-25-26.jpg

screen_1920x1080_2016-01-30_15-32-24.jpg

screen_1920x1080_2016-01-30_15-33-34.jpg

6. S4G4N

S4G4N

Thanks @smada luap for sharing these finished interiors of you game project

It is amazing what a small selection of nice props can add to the overall look & feel.
    Your lighting is really superb with the play of shadows adding very cool realism and a nice warm homely lived in look $ feel to the scenes

Cheers
    Cobus

7. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

8. S4G4N

S4G4N

9. Archania

Archania

Wow people are doing fantastic things with the kits. Absolutely love it all.

10. smada-luap

smada-luap

Tried something a little different this afternoon, and decided to create a small fishmonger's shop that was built into a larger structure (his home :D )

screen_1920x1080_2016-02-01_18-28-24.jpg

screen_1920x1080_2016-02-01_17-51-15.jpg

11. S4G4N

S4G4N

Ahh, very nice, those half walls, that is exactly how I thought the and the vertical shutter would be used.
    to close up a street shop front kind of setup.

Lots more such useful items will come with the Market Place UPDATE

Thanks for showing

12. smada-luap

smada-luap

The shutters are sized for windows but they scale up nicely to fill the holes in the walls required here :D

S4G4N likes this.
  13. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey everyone,

I delivered more then 30 new models and 30 prefabs to Gaia, from Procedural Worlds taken from the
    Village Exteriors Kit package
    Some houses & some prop items from the latest update and base release.

These screenshots was taken after they were all placed by Gaia during the spawning stage creating these lovely "homestead" type spots/scenes or areas of interest

Cheers
    Cobus

14. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

Wow, I could picture myself living at the second pic. My god that is beautiful.

S4G4N and kittik like this.
  15. S4G4N

S4G4N

You are right :):):)

And that is after adding like only 5 or 6 props from the package.

Going in and adding some more, brushing sand texture in there to the high traffic areas, from the front door to the stables, use those nice woven fences and some flowers to fenced off areas like small flower bed kind of spots, or add some chickens, cows and a horse to the scene will just be magic.

Specially the last props from the Wagons Update really helps to create a lived in look & feel

Cheers
    Cobus

PhoenixRising1 and montyfi like this.
  16. montyfi

montyfi

Lovely, will those be available as blueprints?

S4G4N likes this.
  17. montyfi

montyfi

Now I'm eager to see ruined/burned versions of those. Oh well, I'll wait.

S4G4N likes this.
  18. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey there
    For Gaia, they are exported as single mesh prefabs for I can not give away the modular system I sell in the
    Village Exteriors Kit, but they easy to do, they the normal houses with a simple side covered area done with the Decking parts that I did the stables with as well.

I will do and drop one here for you just now :)

Cheers
    Cobus

montyfi likes this.
  19. S4G4N

S4G4N

20. docsavage

docsavage

Looks great. I can see the owner now sat in the living room of his combined house and fish monger shop, oblivious to the aroma, mournfully sipping a cup of tea perplexed as to why he has no visitors!

S4G4N likes this.
  21. montyfi

montyfi

Fantastic! Thanks!

S4G4N likes this.
  22. smada-luap

smada-luap

Hehe. Here's a pic of the interior of the fishmonger's home :)

screen_1920x1080_2016-02-02_12-17-19.jpg

23. smada-luap

smada-luap

Decided to move away from building houses for a while and go subterranean :)

They're all going to be linked to the homes above ground - just not seamless transitions :D

screen_1920x1080_2016-02-03_17-58-01.jpg

screen_1920x1080_2016-02-03_19-40-31.jpg

24. S4G4N

S4G4N

Very nice, I see the ladder coming from the top :):):)

25. smada-luap

smada-luap

Eventually when I get it configured with the controller, you'll be able to climb that back up to where you came from.

You won't actually reach the top as I'll have a collider part-way up which will reload the scene containing the house you just came from :D

S4G4N likes this.
  26. S4G4N

S4G4N

100% acceptable, they way I would have thought to do it
    Perfect transition is cool, but really lots of work for something that is seldom required

27. Mister-D

Mister-D

hi @S4G4N
    really like your modular packs!
    constructive critisism:
    have u considered sculpting your normal maps and generating a diffuse and specular map based on the normal map?
    i m not so fond of those cgtextures maps.

S4G4N likes this.
  28. S4G4N

S4G4N

I will look into that ;)

Mister-D likes this.
  29. Apolyon6k

Apolyon6k

I have been working on a brewery build for a week or so (on the side, not full time).
    Heavy wip atm but made a build with the standard fps controller (with annoying standard sounds ;P), lots to do still.

Have a go at it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0py-Zne4PDrN005ckJSOUVaVXM/view?usp=sharing

Uses assets from the interior and cave kits, plan is to use Gaia for the terrain creation and add the outside of the brewery in a valley with some side buildings.

S4G4N likes this.
  30. S4G4N

S4G4N

Great, downloaded and had a run though it :)
    Nice way of going subterrainian into a caves area, I saw @smada luap mixed the Sewer Kit into his as well.
    Your cave is a nice start of a dungeon type setup that can open somewhere into the outside environment even

Well done
    Cobus

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

Very nice :)

S4G4N likes this.
  32. montyfi

montyfi

Playing with a well from the last update.

33. S4G4N

S4G4N

HAHA, had a very good chuckle when I saw this.
    Thanks for sharing and your game is looking great man :)
    Feel free to share more as you progress

montyfi likes this.
  34. smada-luap

smada-luap

Continued having fun with the Sewers kit and decided to combine parts of the Cave kit as well to create a crystal point of interest in one of the rooms.

screen_1920x1080_2016-02-06_12-15-40.jpg

It was then that I thought "they'd look really good if the light pulsed a bit", and so this was the result...

Near the dimmer end of the pulsing.
    screen_1920x1080_2016-02-06_13-09-22.jpg

Then at the brighter end of the pulse.
    screen_1920x1080_2016-02-06_13-09-24.jpg

35. smada-luap

smada-luap

Then it just got crazier as I decided to create other variants of this using other materials already set up by Cobus in his cave kit...

screen_1920x1080_2016-02-06_14-26-14.jpg

screen_1920x1080_2016-02-06_14-26-45.jpg

screen_1920x1080_2016-02-06_14-26-29.jpg

screen_1920x1080_2016-02-06_13-37-43.jpg

36. S4G4N

S4G4N

TeagansDad likes this.
  37. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey everyone,

Some new screenshots giving by @AdamGoodrich using Gaia

A small selection of the new assets from the Wagons Update to the Village Exteriors Kit has been donated for the latest Gaia Update

Everything you see in these two first shots are included with the new upcoming Gaia Update

These are the same except @AdamGoodrich used TENKOKU as well

Important to note !!!
    Everything has been procedurally placed as well as different textures inside the homestead areas.
    Some grass was manually removed as a minor tweak

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    TeagansDad, montyfi, kittik and 6 others like this.
  38. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey there,

Two more shots by @AdamGoodrich using the latest internal build of Gaia.
    All this is procedurally placed, with control over rotation of the POI's (Point Of Interest)

The results just speak for themselves ;):)

Cheers
    Cobus

39. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey everyone,

Great results from Gaia update beta testing.
    Village spawning !!!

All the assets that you see are the FREE included ones that comes with Gaia and will be available with the soon to be released HUGE Update v1.5

These are ALL procedurally placed by Gaia

Looking cool in every way

Cheers
    Cobus

40. S4G4N

S4G4N

" Because they were made for each other"

I have had several users contact me stating that they missed the Christmas Sale so here you go
    For a limited time, only 4 days both the Village Interiors Kit & Village Exteriors Kit are on a -33% Valentines SALE

*** Please don't forget to STAR rate and review 3DForge packages that you have.

Have a fabulous weekend testing your new packages :):):)

Cheers
    Cobus​

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  41. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

Wait....let me get this right. Both kits work together yes?

If I place a house on the map from the exterior kit, then the house interior exists in the interior kit? It can't be that simple, what's the catch?

Can all items within the interior be deleted, moved about, or placed in other locations or are they fixed to a spot?

This sale looks really good :)

AdamGoodrich and S4G4N like this.
  42. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

The kits contain the individual pieces.. The scenes are sample using the individual pieces. If you look at the screenshots from @smada luap, His buildings and their insides were made with these kits... The free blacksmith shop that 3DForge has on the asset store, they are samples made with this kit.. The blacksmith forge is a sampling of the interior kit, and the blacksmith is a sampling of the exterior kit. You can make those and more! And the sample scenes Cobus used to make screenshots are in the kit as well.. But you can move things around, take away things, add things or whatever and use the room layouts in your own buildings...

Exterior kit is all the exterior parts... walls, roofs, etc.. Also any outside props (which are still being added over time) such as the wells, logs, and wagons Cobus posted pics of a little bit ago.. Those are parts of the exterior kit. To be honest, it is a super deal at regular price. I still think it is underpriced. Definitely take advantage of the sale before he wises up and does a price increase... heheh

AdamGoodrich and TheSeawolf like this.
  43. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey there,

Excellent questions :)
    Here are some pics to show how they work.

Both sets are 100% modular, and 100% Standalone.
    With the Interiors built parts snapping perfectly into place into what you designed with the Exteriors. You as developer need to manage culling and loading up of internal data as you build your game ;)

Included are walls with holes in so that if you choose to can have windows that you can see out of, or walls without the holes and have solid windows if that is what you want from the outside or indside

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    AdamGoodrich and TheSeawolf like this.
  44. smada-luap

smada-luap

@S4G4N has already replied, but here's a screenshot from an earlier post I made in this thread (previous page actually :) ) of one of my building interiors but with the camera placed high enough so you can see the exterior kit walls on it

screen_1920x1080_2016-01-27_18-32-06.jpg

45. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey everyone,

Just to add EXTRA goodness for all the people that have already purchased and planning to get any one or both of the packages. Remember the FREE BLUEPRINTS that is yours to go grab

Make sure you have the latest version of the packages to fully enjoy these free prefabs

At the BLUEPRINTS section I have a HUGE section with many Exteriors Only BLUEPRINTS
    And a section that have Combo's, so Interiors + Exteriors

Exteriors BLUEPRINTS

Interiors + Exteriors BLUEPRINTS

Enjoy them :):):)
    Cobus

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  46. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

Thanks everyone @Shawn67 @smada luap and @S4G4N for replying especially with screenshots. I have purchased both kits and they look absolutely spanking.

I feel like that child in that Chocolate Factory movie when he finally gets invited inside the chocolate making areas. Can't seem to remember the name of the movie, but nevertheless, the same feeling prevails :)

These blue point ideas are exceptional after sales additions...bravo Cobus!

Looks like I have a found a new forum in which to lurk ;)

S4G4N likes this.
  47. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

heheh... I'm not sure if you've ever watched Warehouse 13, but that is what I compare the kits to. I always tease Cobus that even Artie and Claudia couldn't help me find something that is actually in one of the kits.

And the most awesome part about the deal, as awesome as the Exterior Kit is now, it is still in early development. Take a look at the first post and see what is still to come and you'll get REALLY excited! lol

By the way.. 3DForge-aholics Annonymous support group meatings are every Wednesday.. @TheSeawolf, the new guy always has to bring the desserts... :p

AdamGoodrich and S4G4N like this.
  48. S4G4N

S4G4N

Wonderful news :):):)
    I have achieved my goal and that is having a smiling customer :):) Thanks for supporting 3DForge assets

Those were awesome movies
    Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971) with Gene Wilder &
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) Johnny Depp

What is cool about the BLUEPRINTS is that they themselves are WAY more in count that what you get in most competing products, and they will keep growing as the FREE updates land, more will be added
    Also, in counting they themselves are like way more then what some packages sell you.
    They also a good base to grab, add some of your creative input and then save them as new ones.

Because they come in small sets, you can download them and only pull into your project the ones that you need, so say the last Water-houses, if you have a harbor scene or a swamp area, then no need to pull many other unwanted prefabs that bloat your project space

Cheers
    Cobus

49. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

Oh man, see I knew there was a catch....remember, that's what I asked before I purchased :)

Thanks Cobus, for all the information, and yes I'm smiling! I'm still yet to put my first screenshot up for Gaia, let alone Village Exteriors, but before I do I wondering about workflow process in building design. Total newbie questions (to follow) I know, nevertheless, I prostrate my design credibility at the high altar of knowledge.

How do others create buildings in situ, or in a new scene and then import the complete product?

By this I mean, should I simply add a floor to my Gaia terrain and then add, walls, doors, furnishings etc, and then place the exterior over the top? Is that how smada luap and yourself would have created the above screenshots?

I'd just like to get advice or workflow though processes....cheers in advance :)

S4G4N and AdamGoodrich like this.
  50. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I know one of the users in the group uses the white core boxes / roofs to layout his cities/villages and then goes back and builds out the exteriors, while I think @smada luap does his exteriors and interiors of a building before moving on to the next. Me, I start to do it one way and then get distracted by something someone needs help testing with and then come back and don't like it so I start over again.. I think I have yet to finish an interior.. lol But have a couple small prefab layouts that I have liked and kept.. At one point I started laying out various sizes of cabins using the parts I liked.. I then got distracted by something and never got back to it. I think that was about the time I picked up DunGen on sale and started building my doors and setting up Cobus' sewer kit for DunGen... Oh yeah, that reminds me.. I need to finish that too.... rofl I'm like the dog in the movie UP!.... Squirrel!!!! lol

S4G4N and TheSeawolf like this.