Search Unity

3DForge Exteriors

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by S4G4N, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Snownebula

Snownebula

S4G4N likes this.
  2. S4G4N

S4G4N

3. smada-luap

smada-luap

Starting to build a house with goods storage underneath :)

screenshot118.jpg

This is what it looks like from another angle

screenshot116.jpg

4. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

Me like, I might have to steal that goods storage idea.

5. S4G4N

S4G4N

WOW !!!
    It just immediately has that Harbor feeling to it.
    Love the use of the top floor having excess from a higher side level and the storage are underneath
    makes me excited about the harbor Update just looking at this thinking of all the stuff I can give to further enhance your scene building experience

Thanks for sharing ;)

6. smada-luap

smada-luap

You mean the harbour update isn't done yet? :eek: :confused: o_O :p :)

S4G4N likes this.
  7. Snownebula

Snownebula

Here is a 3dForge building in action:

8. S4G4N

S4G4N

I like the dust and other atmospheric particles, makes for a cool mysterious mood
    Thanks for showing ;)

9. Snownebula

Snownebula

So much more coming.

S4G4N likes this.
  10. Snownebula

Snownebula

11. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Np, Those building and textures are awesome, I'll take a better look at it!

S4G4N likes this.
  12. smada-luap

smada-luap

It's great to see with this kit that you're not restricted to having buildings that actually have walls :D

screenshot120.jpg

screenshot122.jpg

13. S4G4N

S4G4N

Nice to see the small Harbor/outpost growing
    like the storage/warehouse building, it works well

Thanks for sharing ;)

14. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I need to finish my harbor lvl too, thanks for the inspiration.

S4G4N likes this.
  15. Revelation_Jeff

Revelation_Jeff

Just wanted to give a shout out that I love 3DForge exteriors and his style. =) Having fun with his stuff!

16. S4G4N

S4G4N

Welcome to the thread @tango9jeff and thank you for posting these great images of your project

Looking at these two screenshot want me to play the game.
    The saturation level, the detail, the lighting, the post cam effect, all just wants me to be there and explore and see what is beyond the next corner.

I am going to keep a keen eye on this and see the direction it develops into

Very nice use and results from Gaia as well.
    The Gaia Thread by @AdamGoodrich as well have lots more to see. If you have not bought it yet, well, you missing out, well priced and super powerful.

I am pleasantly presented with good looking stuff every time someone shows what they are doing with it.

Thanks
    Cobus

Revelation_Jeff likes this.
  17. Revelation_Jeff

Revelation_Jeff

Thanks so much Cobus! I love your work =)

Are game is an interesting concept. It's an RPG world but striped of typical RPG mechanics. Instead we're taking a more immersive approach to mechanical interaction with story and gameplay by creating a unique combination of some of our favorite Adventure game and Survival mechanics to allow you to interact with the World and story in a more meaningful than merely killing stuff repeatedly and leveling up.

We' trying to create more meaningful experiences as you travel our world. =)

Keep up the great work on your assets mate!

TeagansDad, Teila and S4G4N like this.
  18. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I'm intrigued, for sure, excellent work.

S4G4N likes this.
  19. S4G4N

S4G4N

This sounds like a nice injection on some fresh ideas and game experiences.

20. Revelation_Jeff

Revelation_Jeff

Thanks mate. We hope to show off some more mechanics over the coming months. =) keep up the great work on your assets!

S4G4N likes this.
  21. vedinislamovic

vedinislamovic

Awesome assets !

S4G4N likes this.
  22. davbar9

davbar9

tango9jeff Please, can you share video step by step to get like your screenshots?
    Will be help a lot of people.
    Best Regards!

S4G4N likes this.
  23. Teila

Teila

I want to play!!!!!!!!!!!

S4G4N and Revelation_Jeff like this.
  24. UltraTM

UltraTM

@tango9jeff How have you made such a nice effect. Would love to know what camera effects and stuff you used.
    looks really nice so far :)

kurotatsu and S4G4N like this.
  25. Revelation_Jeff

Revelation_Jeff

For all those who wanted Image FX help, here you go. The process is pretty simple but requires a bit of playing around as each set of game assets and customization needs to be different. So here's some general FX items and principles that will help you get better looking effects.

Raw Game Image NO post processing:

Standard Bloom And Antialiasing Added: This helps to add nice color highlights and a soft glow effect while softening harsh edges and lines around your scene.

Scion Post process effects: (Vignette, Chromatic Aberration, Depth of field) - These effects help break up the flatness of the image by distorting the edges providing more image depth. The depth of field is used to soften things at a distance while setting the player on an exclusion mask using Unity Layers.

Colorful FX Package and SSAO Pro: These effects give the image a slight color correction and contrast enhance while adding a layer of Depth from the SSAO on the grass, player and buildings. Helps give a further sense of depth and pop to the overall image breaking up flatness.

You'll need to set up the variables to fit your own scene and lighting accordingly. So that requires a lot of trial and error as I've had to wrestle with over the last few years hah! Just keep playing and compare your image to other professional games and try to find a match close to overall color, brightness and image depth. I hope this helps you!

Cheers! =)

26. S4G4N

S4G4N

WOW, thanks for sharing some of your experience with this, I am 100% sure it will assist myself and many others to achieve even better looking results ;):)

27. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

Awesome, thanks for sharing! Any awesome tips for setting up lighting? That's my biggest struggle.

28. Revelation_Jeff

Revelation_Jeff

For lighting its a mixture of things. Multiple things play a factor in different lighting. You're rendering settings (in player) Under project settings. Such as Forward, deferred, and legacy deferred all can have a slight different effect on your settings. Such as your color space (Gamma or Linear). I prefer Gamma.

Also it has to do with your terrain material settings. Depending on if you're using standard, Legacy Diffused or Specular can play an effect on the ground textures/grass.

For general scene lighting I recommend using package like "Tenkoku Dynamic Sky" as he has some solid light coloring and distance values that work well with some modifications. You can get some great results modifying his stuff a bit.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/34435

Once you have your base settings correct like I mentioned above. You'll then want to adjust Ambient light and fog to a good level in lighting settings. You want enough ambient light that the scene is not too dark but where you're left with enough contrast so the image isn't flat. Many people give the ambient light a slightly blue or teal color to give the impression of a sky reflection. So in summary:

1. Player settings - Found in Edit/Project Settings/Player.
    2. Terrain Material type - Found by clicking on Terrain then the gear wheel icon to access it.
    3. Lighting Panel - Found in Window/Lighting. Making proper ambient light and fog adjustments will help a lot.

You can help auto stream a lot of this by getting Tenkoku as he has some good base level settings if you modify some of his ambient light/brightness/sky values a bit.

Hope this helps! Keep playing you'll get it =) Do a lot of comparison with other game you like to figure out what's lacking in your image lighting. If you don't understand whats wrong, you won't be able to make the right improvements. Have fun =)

S4G4N, 99thmonkey and PhoenixRising1 like this.
  29. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

Can't we just send you the scenes and you can apply your magic? :)

Thanks for the brief tutorial, and I hope you will do a video one on this topic.

S4G4N and Revelation_Jeff like this.
  30. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi,

Here is a screenshot done by @AdamGoodrich with Gaia.
    ALL done with Unity and Gaia without any other 3rd party.
    Elements you see asset wise, are included in the package.
    • Grass(flowers with next release)
    • Stones
    • Trees
    • Houses
    So this is what you can pull out the hat with the out the box experience.

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  31. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

That's cool! I especially like the second and last one.

S4G4N likes this.
  32. Snownebula

Snownebula

Here is a screen shot using both Gaia and 3DForge stuff with Stylized Nature grass and effects.

kurotatsu and S4G4N like this.
  33. smada-luap

smada-luap

34. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Here's some update pics, using some of the techniques described above, I'll keep trying to get there.(don't mind that my cart is in the ground, need to fix that.)

@tango9jeff :Thanks for sharing your wisdom, to help others refine their own abilities, I have the utmost respect for people willing to do so.

I'm looking into buying Scoin next.

35. S4G4N

S4G4N

Great to see some more buildings in use from the Village Exteriors Kit in Use
    Thanks for sharing :)

kurotatsu likes this.
  36. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Yeah, I realized some of the old village buildings had less steep roofs, so I'll show some more pics once I get this town, and pier put together.

S4G4N likes this.
  37. smada-luap

smada-luap

The more I look at this pic the more I think the house I've done on the left needs some stairs leading up to the living area above from the lower area of the harbour :)

S4G4N and kurotatsu like this.
  38. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I think it is all coming together extremely well. Keep us updated, as I for one get inspired, by what I see.

S4G4N likes this.
  39. S4G4N

S4G4N

Good looking man.
    You have those nice external wooden staircases as well ?

kurotatsu likes this.
  40. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Yeah I do, I I try to use some where I can but these stone ones are great for teired terrains.

41. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

@S4G4N @kurotatsu @Shawn67
    Thanks guys about your heads up on my screens. Your opinion means a lot to me. It's really hard playing with light. Baking stuff right etc so I am still getting right point lights etc. Same for getting the last thing out of shaders and textures. I created new normalmaps, specularmaps and heightmaps for UBER features.I will post some new screenshots this days showing a littlebit more of the big castle.

About the BigMap.
    This location in the castle is inspired by this Movie / Image:

Cheers
    Ronny

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    S4G4N likes this.
  42. smada-luap

smada-luap

Reminding me about these have given me an idea for putting in some wooden staircases on parts of the terrain - almost like we do now where we build staircases into the hillside where it's naturally too steep to contemplate walking up it - and it would add an extra visual layer of realism as you could then imagine that the inhabitants built these staircases into the landscape purely because they wanted ease of getting around :)

43. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

lol, that's what I was saying not as well put though.;)

Bram Stokers Dracula.

44. Snownebula

Snownebula

Just a peak at some stuff:

AdamGoodrich and S4G4N like this.
  45. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi everyone,

Here are some more screenshots
    Everything you see here is included in Gaia with lighting and camera all from Unity' only done by @AdamGoodrich
    Buildings donated from the Village Exteriors Kit

(some items, like the red flowers is what is added with the first update of Gaia that is around the corner)

Cheers
    Cobus

46. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi,

Just one screen showing 2 of the many NEW BLUEPRINTS
    There are a good many nice harbor types, with stilts or Stone Plinths as bases.
    boat docking spots, warehouses ...
    the houses will all have there interiors layout, a few have actual internal small props as well, but mostly that is up to you the designer.

I am basically done, just doing the website side, upload and then tomorrow onto props and the many others that I am excited to get out

Let me know what you think

BackwoodsGaming and kurotatsu like this.
  47. smada-luap

smada-luap

Like it Cobus :)

S4G4N likes this.
  48. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

HELL Yeah, will be downloading and trying out those new buildings with my new grapple system I spent the last 2 days writing.

I added my grapple box to the roof just for testing as I had to get a feel for it with your buildings.lol

these pics use the techniques described above with Scoin now added to my camera.

Grapple hook, and handle.

Hook on ledge, and ya can't see it, but his left arm is ik'd aiming and the hook stuck on the roof by the crosshairs.

And I'll be damned, he made it.;)

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  49. S4G4N

S4G4N

Cool, seems like a nice fun interactive system.
    So the taller buildings going to be cool for running around on rooftops "Assassins Creeds" style:):):)

kurotatsu likes this.
  50. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Yeah, except i have to go through them and turn on the roof colliders on some, and if the pitch is too high so my guy will slide off unfortunately.

S4G4N likes this.