Search Unity

3DForge Exteriors

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by S4G4N, Apr 6, 2015.

1. smada-luap

smada-luap

Wrong forum thread.

2. S4G4N

S4G4N

howdy, Go over to the Gaia Forum Thread and have a look at the stunning results
    Then go the Gaia Asset Store Page and check the video and check out the easy of workflow and the speed, that is aa fully populated, textured terrain in like 4,5 minutes

I think you will be happily surprised and realize the huge potential of Gaia

Cheers
    Cobus

3. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

For me, I can quickly and easily create a nice looking terrain. In TC I spent weeks trying to get a terrain I was happy with but was never able to. In that same time with Gaia, I have made several that I am happy with. TC just didn't click with me. And every time I went back to try to use it, I had to try to relearn it over again. Gaia's use of creating the terrain with stamps instead of trying to do it using procedural methods just works better for me. As I've stated before, TC is a great product. It just doesn't click for me enough that makes it easy for me to use.

EDIT: Responded as others were.. Yeah, definitely go to the other thread. :)

4. smada-luap

smada-luap

Some pics showing Exterior Kit assets used in an environment created with Gaia along with my own tool to create the fence from the 3DForge assets :) The bridge is also created from the Exterior Kit.

screenshot78.jpg

screenshot79.jpg

screenshot80.jpg

screenshot81.jpg

S4G4N and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  5. S4G4N

S4G4N

Very nice little islands, with the bridges you can now create interesting game mechanics and story-lines

I can strongly recommend the Simple Fence Builder package, it makes building them very quick and easy

Thanks for sharing pictures

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  6. smada-luap

smada-luap

I have three small islands there connected to one large island in the middle :)

7. S4G4N

S4G4N

Looking SOOOO very different from your ideas and project several month back
    Great to see what the right tools can help you achieve

8. mwituni

mwituni

Wrong forum, but it'll be a long list.

The most valuable I would say is ... still have enough time after doing your terrain to spend a few days with your mates.

S4G4N and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  9. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Agree with your recommendation! And it works for more than just fences too! Rows of just about any game object! Check out the screenies he posted in his thread showing it used with bushes, trees, and even 3DForge houses!

S4G4N likes this.
  10. smada-luap

smada-luap

Sure is different :) I don't know where I would be now if the events of the summer hadn't happened

S4G4N likes this.
  11. smada-luap

smada-luap

Been busy this afternoon sorting out fences (using Simple Fence Builder) to go around my houses so that the occupants could have a bit more privacy (fat chance really :D ), but moreso to give the area a more 'lived in' feeling :)

screenshot88.jpg
    screenshot89.jpg
    screenshot90.jpg
    screenshot91.jpg

radimoto, BackwoodsGaming and S4G4N like this.
  12. S4G4N

S4G4N

These are looking great
    The randomness of the fences are maintained even tough it was done with the Simple Fence Builder tool set
    The feature that enables the fences to "hug" the terrain as the slope keeps changing providing a very realistic look

The patch painting method from Gaia and so many other cool features just all make for scenes that you want to explore.

Well Done !!!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    BackwoodsGaming and smada-luap like this.
  13. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

This looks good and thanks for the like!

14. S4G4N

S4G4N

Thanks, love your work :)

15. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi everyone,
    3DForge has been on the Asset Store for just over 3 years now, Unity is having a birthday, so thought why the heck not join in the celebrations:):):)

I have placed several large packs on a -33% discount for the remainder of the Unity Birthday SALE

Village Interiors Kit - NOW $40 (Normal price $60)
    Village Exteriors Kit - NOW $40 (Normal price $60)
    Cave Adventure Kit - NOW $30 (Normal price $45)
    Tile A Dungeon - Sewer Kit - NOW $30 (Normal price $45)
    Fantasy Treasure Loot Kit - NOW $30 (Normal price $45)

Cheers
    Cobus

16. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Here's some early results from Voidkeeper without props, just level laid out using those all so handy blueprint prefabs.

And as you can see these work great in conjunction with other construction assets.

Don't ya hate it when you are trying to take a pic, and a ninja comes out of nowhere.lol:

There's a price to pay to interrupt my photoshoot!!!

@smada luap :
    Pual, just put your fence tool in the old shoppingcart, thanks that will save me a LOT of time!

Acissathar, S4G4N and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  17. S4G4N

S4G4N

Thanks for posting some project picks.
    I love seeing what people create with the packages

Glad you enjoying the packages.

Please don't forget to STAR rate any 3Dforge packages and if you have time write a review

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    kurotatsu likes this.
  18. smada-luap

smada-luap

@kurotatsu Thanks. Hope it proves useful and saves you time (it has for me) :)

S4G4N likes this.
  19. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Hey gang.. I know there have been requests for more blueprints and I agree they help decrease development time. The only problem is, if Cobus is spending a huge amount of time creating blueprints it is only going to delay things like props, castle walls, harbor, market, etc from being finished in the development timeline. Not to mention other totally different packs that he has on his list to create as new assets.

When he created the blueprints concept, he talked about using it as a way not only that he could share some free blueprints but as also a way that we could share our own blueprints with each other. I'd like to propose we go that route to extend the blueprints area without having blueprints dominate Cobus' time. Below are the instructions quoted from the Blueprints page on the 3DForge website:

A couple of additional things I would suggest are:
    1. Before exporting the package, make sure the folder is contained within the same folder structure as Cobus uses for blueprints. He stores blueprints within 3DForge/Blueprints and then the next folder designates the pack. BPVillageExteriors for exterior kit only, BPVillageInteriors for interior kit only, BPVIK&VEK for combo interior and exterior, and Tile A Dungeon/Sewer Kit for sewer kit blueprints (added Tile A Dungeon folder in between because he plans other Tile A Dungeon packs down the road). And then within whichever of those folders, create your custom folder.
    2. Include some screenshots with your submission that show off the blueprint and give him a decent written description to describe it.
    I know a lot of us are about creating unique things for our games that we don't want everyone to have. And that is what makes the 3DForge modular stuff so awesome. But even if we hoard most of our custom buildings, surely there are one or two we could share with the community in order to free up Cobus to focus on creating new models in order to work through that HUGE roadmap he has!

Just some thoughts.. :)

mwituni, RonnyDance, twobob and 2 others like this.
  20. DCTShinobi

DCTShinobi

Just wanted to officially second Kurotatsu's request for an Asian-themed expansion! ;-D

But oh my! I'm afraid that there is so much stuff already on the roadmap! Umm, Mr. Cobus, could you please clone yourself? Thank you! :)

21. smada-luap

smada-luap

With all the recent attention that I've given to Gaia's beta phase, etc. I've been neglecting the creative side of housing, so hopefully I can rectify that later tonight :) Pics should hopefully follow at some point :D

kurotatsu and S4G4N like this.
  22. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Ditto. Need to stop playin and get back to work(I gots me a new fence layer outter gotta try!).:p

smada-luap likes this.
  23. S4G4N

S4G4N

Acissathar likes this.
  24. Snownebula

Snownebula

Hello everyone, here are some screen shots of AxliasMMO using this asset.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
    kurotatsu, S4G4N and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  25. Snownebula

Snownebula

Also here is a link to the game, keep in mind it is Alpha right now:
    v4
    v5: broken compiling fix right now stand by...
    v6: All fixed :) sorry about that. v7 added
    v7: Just some physics testing.
    v8: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pnmhntycvs2516f/AxliasMMO_FPS_TEST_8.rar?dl=0

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    S4G4N likes this.
  26. S4G4N

S4G4N

Great example, thank for sharing your project

Cheers
    Cobus

27. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

I am also finally able to post some screeshots to my created castle using the interior kid.
    Here you see some very early stages:

slider3.jpg slider2.jpg slider1.jpg

I played with custom created Normalmaps and Specular Maps using UBER and SCION. The lights also need some improvements.

Cheers
    Ronny

Teila, kittik, Acissathar and 3 others like this.
  28. S4G4N

S4G4N

WOW, your screenshots manages to capture very dramatic moods.
    Love the bright red light and the large map on the wall

Very nice use of the barrel vaulted ceilings, so much nicer then just flat and they still very low poly.

Thanks for sharing, you welcome to add more, they stunning :)

Cheers
    Cobus

29. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Looks really sharp, I also like the desk and BIG map, kinda gives me feel of kagero the deception.

S4G4N likes this.
  30. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Ditto on the huge map! I LOVE that!

31. kittik

kittik

Another person doing a show a tell.

I thought I would show what I have used the Death Masks by @S4G4N for. The vid above shows that they shoot out fire when a trigger near the corridor entrance is entered - they shoot the fire from out of their nose. Effects are from the Realistic Effects Packs, by Kripto, that I think are of a really high quality. The arms are bespoke and I haven't yet started looking at hiring an animator/rigger to produce animations.

Any constructive thoughts about the fire trap?

I may add a lever or button to disable/enable the trap, giving the player more control. I am also considering putting crystals and a light source within the eyes of the Death Masks, maybe they'll light up when the flames are on/off.

Next up, I'll be making a floor trap using a trapdoor in the Interior Kit. :)

mwituni, Teila and S4G4N like this.
  32. Teila

Teila

Now that is just COOL!!! :)

kittik likes this.
  33. smada-luap

smada-luap

I wonder if it would look better with two blasts of fire coming from the eyes instead of one from nose? It looked a bit like he had a *really* bad cold :D lol

Really like the idea though :)

kittik likes this.
  34. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Put a crystal for the player to disable/enable with their bow above it maybe then they can trigger it to hit enemies.

kittik likes this.
  35. S4G4N

S4G4N

That came with the last update, there is a Big one and a Smaller one, nice for wall decorations, tops of sarcophagus lids and such

36. Teila

Teila

Fire always comes out of the nose, you silly! You can't "blow" your eyes, only your nose! :)

kittik, S4G4N and kurotatsu like this.
  37. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Yep, that made me laugh out loud, for real.

Teila, kittik and S4G4N like this.
  38. Snownebula

Snownebula

I think I will leave this right here:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    S4G4N likes this.
  39. S4G4N

S4G4N

Great looking scene

That Stylized Nature Pack working well with I presume Gaia ?

Nice fantastical result

40. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

heheh.. I was confused.. Was wondering why that screenie was being posted. I keep forgetting that you have those tree packs since they aren't a style that I use.. :p

S4G4N likes this.
  41. Snownebula

Snownebula

Oh I should have posted the one with the Inn I made into an indoor/out door building.

BackwoodsGaming and S4G4N like this.
  42. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

I don't think anyone minds if you post another one ;).

BackwoodsGaming and S4G4N like this.
  43. S4G4N

S4G4N

post as many as you want, it is related in it's own way

44. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Heheh.. Yup.. I wasn't complaining.. Was just confused.. (Easy state to get in these days! lol) Def post more!

S4G4N likes this.
  45. smada-luap

smada-luap

Starting to build the first town area and have started with the harbour/dock area :)

screenshot112.jpg

46. S4G4N

S4G4N

Very good intended use of the plinths, creating flat terraces to add structures on top of and the wooden decks as walkways creating a small harbor or fishing village

47. smada-luap

smada-luap

It needs crates, sacks and other props on the dock area to give it some semblence of life, but for now the basics are there :)

S4G4N likes this.
  48. S4G4N

S4G4N

Well, for now, the Interiors Kit has them all, eve all those ones with food types and well as many pots

49. smada-luap

smada-luap

Yup. That's where I'm going to get them from :)

S4G4N likes this.
  50. smada-luap

smada-luap

Just for fun I decided earlier this evening to actually put a ship model next to the docks :)

screenshot113-20151117_235952.jpg

mwituni, S4G4N and BackwoodsGaming like this.