Search Unity

3DForge Exteriors

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by S4G4N, Apr 6, 2015.

1. virror

virror

Shop, shop shop! : D

S4G4N likes this.
  2. smada-luap

smada-luap

Don't forget your map and compass as you go exploring the contents :)

Archania and S4G4N like this.
  3. S4G4N

S4G4N

@smada luap
    With the the other FREE Road Map Updates coming, you will have loads more to navigate :)

4. smada-luap

smada-luap

@S4G4N so when are you going to get back to releasing them? :p

S4G4N and Whippets like this.
  5. sowatnow

sowatnow

Ok I am going to buy this, seems like everyone else is enjoying the party, I want to join in too :). Currently I am using other medieval packages, which are bit resource hungry on mobile. So I hope these ones are more mobile friendly, finger cross.

S4G4N likes this.
  6. S4G4N

S4G4N

@sowatnow
    I am doing lots with texture and not million of polygons
    Also, use standards shaders to get all the images you see, no funny post effects or custom anythings.
    That means it should be very compatible with what you currently have as a dev environment.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  7. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

And bought :) Happy to have now more possibilites for creating my fantasy project.

I saw that the Exterior Kid comes with lot of Window improvements like transparent / white and open ones. Also with a template to create others glass styles
    Thats exactly what is missing in the Interior Kid if you ask me Cobus. If you remember my first post I ask for more window variations for the interiors because the colorfull cathedral windows and the wooden (yellow, green) ones are always closed, not white / transparent (if you want) etc.

It would also be great to see this in the interior kid.
    On sunday I will check if I can use the white or opened windows in my castle interior I created.

Keep up the good work!
    Ronny

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    S4G4N likes this.
  8. S4G4N

S4G4N

@RonnyDance Thanks for the feedback
    My thinking was that the interiors was only interiors, by supplying items that tread over into the exteriors sector, it could become difficult as to where does one draw the line between two products.I did not want to confuse and let some users feel that the one is not complete, or it is kind of 20% like the other product.

I rather when you actually do Exteriors, let you then be able to really go to town.
    That is why the Interiors HD update was also the compatibility update that I used to deliver the interior walls with hole to match exterior windows.

Exteriors Kit windows solution:
    Green opaque
    - If you wanted to not see interiors and slim down memory footprint

Yellow opaque:
    - If you wanted to not see interiors and slim down memory footprint

No-Glass, frames only:
    - Kind of for poorer houses, glass only came later and was expensive
    - Shutters will work well with these

See through glass fixed windows:
    See through glass openable windows
    - Frames can be opened

Includes template to make own custom designs:
    Textures and png to show UV co-ordinates to add your own glass design

I basically like giving options so that you can out the box have choices, but also can adept to your project.

Cheers
    Cobus

RonnyDance likes this.
  9. smada-luap

smada-luap

Wasn't it @Teila who "pestered you in a friendly manner" to add in this during the initial design phase? :D

S4G4N likes this.
  10. S4G4N

S4G4N

@smada luap it was @Teila , as with many of the features you have today that through users/forum interaction you guys and gals just help yourself to get a package they you going to use, so giving constructive input a win win situation.

Teila and RonnyDance like this.
  11. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Now that I have the Exterior kid this shouldn't be a problem anyway. For me it was simply not clear that Exterior Kid gives you the window option before. I saw the picture today the first time so I was little surprised.

Since we are talking about the Interior Kid:
    I am creating a room with a broken wall. The Player should be able to walk through this broken wall. Think about a Catacomb where the wall was destroyed and you find more stuff behind that like more sarcophags or a little secret room.

The problem that I observe is that broken wall prefabs like
    fi_vil_combs_wall_broken_left01.prefab
    fi_vil_combs_wall_broken_left02.prefab
    fi_vil_combs_wall_broken_left03.prefab
    fi_vil_combs_wall_broken_right01.prefab
    fi_vil_combs_wall_broken_right02.prefab
    fi_vil_combs_wall_broken_right03.prefab

are only textured from one sight. So if you walk through and turn around you will see transparent / no broken stones anymore.
    Would be great if you could add in the future more broken walls which are textured from both side and with colliders like normal walls.
    Just a note for future update ;) Hope you understand my point if not I can create a screenshot.

Thans a lot again Cobus for your fast response and passion!
    5* rating is coming this weekend :)

S4G4N likes this.
  12. S4G4N

S4G4N

@RonnyDance
    They were added as decals to go flat onto the walls, so to reduce polyload they only needed front surfaces.
    I will make a note of that and add some that have faces on the other side as well so that they can be used for this purpose as well, that is easy :)

RonnyDance likes this.
  13. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi everyone.

There is still 24 hours left of these kits on SALE
    They were placed on a 48HOUR SALE window to overlap Daily Deal

Village Interiors Kit -33% Now $40
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/17033

Cave Adventure Kit -33% Now $30
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/8317

Tile A Dungeon - Sewer Kit -33% Now $30
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/12867

Fantasy Treasure Loot Kit -33% Now $30
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/9440

Cheers
    Cobus

14. Frogger007

Frogger007

Is there planned a HD update for the 'TaD - Sewer Kit' ?
    '

15. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Take a look to my question some posts ago... @Frogger007.
    Cobus said yes

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  16. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Frogger007 @RonnyDance is 100% correct.
    I own www.tileadingeon.com
    I have several packages planned that would use the same large tile system.
    It was very well received with users, reading the reviews and counting all the 5 STAR reviews reflects it as well :):):)

Cheers
    Cobus

17. mwituni

mwituni

Definitely agree with this.
    And saw something like that on roadmap.

Some feedback:

This is an excellent package.
    And its success is a testament to your commitment to deliver beyond expectation.

The assets, like houses etc are really excellent.

BUT ... this is medieval. And medieval times.
    And assets should look really old - not only in their style (which they do) - but in condition too.

The current houses etc will only really fit in a very rich (and "new") medieval city scene.
    Sure they look good in rural scenes, but not "lived in".

Small villages and settlements / farms etc would never have had such expensive and tidy homes ... there needs to be entirely poor / grunge / dilapidated versions ... certainly most of that can be easily achieved with some re-texturing, but a few mesh changes would be great too - like walls / roofs meshes with holes in and/or not flat. Not even build or completed with expected building materials. Builders in villages had no spirit-levels! ... and hardly any tools or materials. Certainly very basic building skills.

Looking at the new thatch - its really nice. But looks too "New" ... less than 3 months old and thatched by a professional. Even the wet version. Ideally there should be some (older / dirty / scruffy grass) thatch - uneven lengths, bunch sizes, diff quality/color bunches, etc. That 'new' thatch should only be used for variation - like one-in-ten houses. Poor farmers etc would thatch like a DIY / backyard job, not neatly tied and laid. I suggest to consider that when texturing and use the template to make dirty and/or very damaged versions at the same time.

With your artistic ability I'm sure they will be awesome and become the most used too.

Similar the wood assets - like fences and stables etc... they would be really awesome with some darker texturing near bottom - like caused by dirt and wetness over time.

Thanks again for your persistence, and ability to listen to customers.

S4G4N likes this.
  18. S4G4N

S4G4N

@mwituni Thanks for all the positive comments and all the positive feedback.
    It is great to have been able to deliver a package that is so useful.

It is funny, I was worried that as is , that the look & feel was too dirty and old looking.
    You have given some good suggestions that, as the updates and extra contents get delivered I will add extra prefabs that will be even more in line with your described needs. It will be a positive expansion of the range of what you can already do with the package.

Thanks for the continued support

Cheers
    Cobus

mwituni likes this.
  19. S4G4N

S4G4N

@mwituni Have you downloaded and tried any of the BLUEPRINTS yet ?

20. mwituni

mwituni

Awesome - thanks again for listening. And turning critique it into a positive feature.

Yes. customers should have the 'new/tidy' option I guess. But because its "Medieval", my prediction is the "tired" ones will become the most popular, and pull loads more customers in who may also be currently held back (as we were) by the current 'tidyness'.

S4G4N likes this.
  21. mwituni

mwituni

Actually no ... mostly as we're not ready for it (and not sure we'll use it much as we prefer 'parts') ... but TBH one reason is the intimidation of so many blueprints to go through!

They are an excellent feature, and will be a big reason many users buy your packages I'm sure.

That said, I don't know how much time they take you to assemble, but personally I'd prefer the roadmap progressing faster than BP! ... but I do understand there are users who may prefer more BP.

S4G4N likes this.
  22. S4G4N

S4G4N

I think the package is already the largest proper Modular Medieval Building System and if I can grow on that especially by listening to user feedback and input then I will do it :):):)

Thank you to you for giving positive, constructive input, also accompanied with ideas, suggestions and solutions ;)

Cheers
    Cobus

RonnyDance likes this.
  23. S4G4N

S4G4N

@mwituni After each FREE Update there will be a small batch of blueprints, to deliver some examples, but other then that the focus is on the roadmap ;)

24. docsavage

docsavage

Hi mwituni,

Just a thought that may be useful to you is to have a look at Meshmaker or Probuilder. They have tools where you can paint decals onto objects. So with little work you can make things look grubby.

Another option could be to edit the supplied textures making then to suit. Essentially the ones there now but modified. They could be included and each user can swap as needed.

I personally like the package as it is as even old buildings look new when they are new (if that makes sense). Having said that I can see an older looking system attracting sales and other uses also.

I do recommend MeshMaker and Probuilder though. Their uses far exceed just decal painting.

doc

Teila and S4G4N like this.
  25. S4G4N

S4G4N

@docsavage HAHA, I was on my way to my PC after thinking the same thing
    Decals are later on the road map, but I can start with the next update to add decals of dirt from the bottom, leaking liquids from top surfaces and damaged brickwork, like plaster coming off and paint pealing.

docsavage likes this.
  26. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Btw if it should be cheap you can by the Quickdecals Asset from ProCore as standalone.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/6293

This is the asset that docsavage was talking about. I was also thinking in buying this one in the future, because I need some blood decals on my walls....

S4G4N likes this.
  27. docsavage

docsavage

It's a really great bit of kit Probuilder. I also really like Meshmaker. The dev has supported it for a while and he's always adding new features. Since I bought it I thinks he's added about 3 new packages as well as updating the others. Seems like a decent fella as well. I have found the MeshCutter tool to be really useful. Worth getting the $45 full pack instead of individual ones. Nothing bad to say about probuilder either other than it's expensive. I got it on sale. It has a nice intuitive interface and appears to be well supported.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    S4G4N likes this.
  28. S4G4N

S4G4N

@RonnyDance
    The Village Interiors Kit has the ProGrids icon on for the very reason
    I can not recommend any ProCore tool enough.
    Gabriel has created a suite of such useful tools that you will not regret buying any of them

29. mwituni

mwituni

Thanks all.

Yes ProCore tools are excellent ... even though I have some problems with them.
    QuickDecals is quite useful for simulating 'dirt' etc as you mentioned - with some limitations. Decals can add another layer - so they're good for adding randomness.

But editing the source textures would always be best. One can 'paint' over the atlas using a bit of guess work, but its much easier done when being created - as creators use templates and layers, and mapping in their modelling software etc.

Also, doing them properly means the 'damage' will have normal-mapping etc ... something decals don't (currently) support.

@docsavage: Yes, its quite likely most of the existing customers, like yourself, may prefer the 'neat' prefabs (as those who prefer 'untidy' may not yet be customers).
    But it sounds as though Cobus will cover both - so we'll all be happy (and he hopefully with additional customers).

@Cobus : Related to this discussion ... do you supply the PS files to allow users to edit textures on layers? Some do, some don't. It makes editing a lot easier.

Enjoy

S4G4N likes this.
  30. S4G4N

S4G4N

@mwitun the file is 1,5 gigs in size so very impractical.
    I can supply the .png layer that contains the lines the was spat out from UVmapping, so people that want to edit and play around with own styles or colours can do so accurately.

Each user has his own preferences since no two projects are the same, so here you go for those that want to edit them and so some custom stuff in the mean time :):):)

Village Exteriors Base Texture UV curves
    Thatch Update UV curves

Cheers
    Cobus

Acissathar likes this.
  31. mwituni

mwituni

uhhh, thanks. I'll wait ;)

S4G4N likes this.
  32. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey everyone,

After the very successful Daily Deal for the Village Exteriors Kit
    Several users asked if I would add some BLUEPRINTS for Interiors & Exteriors Combo prefabs

So I am busy putting together some nice examples that can be used as is, of houses, few shops, an inn so you could use them to build a small village and maybe a countryside farm

All you would need to be able to open and use them are the latest
    Village Interiors Kit & Village Exteriors Kits

I will post here when I have uploaded them and you can go grab them FREE

Cheers
    Cobus

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  33. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi,

Just wanted to show some of the first Combo BLUEPRINTS that is coming

Here is a very basic house.
    I used the see through windows, so you can see the lead from the stained glass adding a nice detail.
    GRAB IT HERE

This will be both suitable for Top Down as well as FPS style game play

Cheers
    Cobus

34. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi,
    Just some updated HD images of the two sets used together

Cheers
    Cobus

mwituni, Rick-, docsavage and 3 others like this.
  35. smada-luap

smada-luap

S4G4N likes this.
  36. Frogger007

Frogger007

Medieval street lanterns ?

S4G4N likes this.
  37. S4G4N

S4G4N

@Frogger007
    3rd set of the next Update for props

Outdoor lighting:
    - Braziers
    - Torches
    - Lanterns
    - Streetlights
    - Wall mounted lanterns

38. smada-luap

smada-luap

Cobus has been working on another interior/exterior combined blueprint building that he'll be making available soon :) but here's a sneak peak at it :D

Exterior shot 1
    screenshot70.jpg

Near the stables
    screenshot71.jpg

Inside
    screenshot72.jpg

39. S4G4N

S4G4N

Looking Great,
    Just fits right in, nice smoking chimney, stables and fenced off area all included
    ery very nice, thanks for showing :):):)

40. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi everyone,
    I have been a bit quite, for reasons of health, I am back, batteries reloaded and completing the mentioned combo BLUEPRINTS and then onto Props and the other road map items.
    After the BLUEPRINTS are uploaded I will amend "just" on the order of the road map after having had several same requests from users :) " I am just saying" so that people can check on that, but will post here as well :):):)

41. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Glad you are feeling better, Cobus! You have to slow down at times and give those batteries a chance to recharge. I know we can be a demanding bunch, but take care of those batteries! :p

S4G4N likes this.
  42. smada-luap

smada-luap

Get Energizers - apparently they last longer than other brands :D

S4G4N likes this.
  43. Acissathar

Acissathar

But Duracell has the really sweet and catchy "Consider This..." commercials.

S4G4N likes this.
  44. smada-luap

smada-luap

I don't need Duracell. I'm copper coloured anyway (and greying now :) lol)

S4G4N likes this.
  45. S4G4N

S4G4N

46. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey everyone,

After several customer requests from users that bought Gaia and does not own the Village Exteriors Kit, I have decided to place the Village Exteriors Kit on a companion promotion for the duration of the Gaia Launch Special at
    a MASSIVE -50% discount. It will never be this low again, so grab it while at this low price.

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  47. smada-luap

smada-luap

That's an incredibly nice gesture there Cobus :)

I'd visually applaud but i can't find a relevant smiley :D

S4G4N likes this.
  48. Duffer123

Duffer123

Just to ask - are there any Trees, Rocks or Vegetation included with this Asset?

49. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi, No, it comes with all the architectural stuff and more coming if you check on the road map on the very first post

Key Features:
    - 2511 Meshes & 2485 Prefabs
    - Buildings uses 1 X 4096 texture map
    - Diffuse, Normal & AO maps
    - Works with FREE BLUEPRINTS
    - 80 Pre-done buildings to start you with
    - 224 more FREE BLUEPRINTS buildings
    - 6 Wall texture sets:

Plaster01 - New plaster
    Plaster02 - Old Plaster
    Stone01 - Light Stone
    Stone02 - Dark Stone
    Wood01 - Horizontal planks
    Wood02 - Vertical planks
    - 12 Roof styles:
    6 x Wooden roof styles
    5 x Slate roof styles
    1 x Thatch roof style
    - T , L & Cross shaped buildings:
    Wooden frame templates
    Wooden roof modules
    Slate roof modules
    - 4 Window choices:
    Green opaque
    Yellow opaque
    No-Glass, frames only
    See through glass openable windows
    Includes template to make custom designs
    - 18 Tileable ground textures:
    Diffuse, Normals & AO
    Rock x 1
    Earth x 3
    Grasses x 4
    Cobble Stone/Paving x 5
    Snow x 2
    Wooden planks x 3
    - Modular Stone Plinth System:
    Building placement on uneven terrain
    Underground basements
    Underground tunnel system
    2 Plinth texture sets
    - Modular Bridges:
    Modular Wooden Bridges
    Modular Stone Bridges
    - Modular Wooden Decks:
    Wooden walkways at docks
    Wooden stairs for walkways
    Wooden plinths for suspended houses
    (swamps, harbors, waterfront...)
    - Modular Balconies:
    - 27 Modular Fence sets:

Broken
    Fixed
    Gates
    - Watch Towers
    and many many more ...

FPS Demos
    Basement
    Viking Village
    Medieval Village

Top Down Demo
    Medieval Village

Cheers
    Cobus

mwituni and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  50. Frogger007

Frogger007

What can i do with GAIA i can't do with TerrainComposer ?