Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

3d sound in VR

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by lordfong, Feb 10, 2015.

1. lordfong

lordfong

I have read the documentation about audio for audio, 3d sound in particular. However short from trying it out myself (I don't have a 3d mic). Would it be possible to incorporate sound in a 3D VR like experience?

For instance if I turn my head, the intensity/doppler effect / instance of sound is heard differently than if i didn't turn my head? I see the options pan, spread and doppel. This is supposed to be happening from a Skybox. I haven't found any documentation on this or I suck on searching for materials, a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated. I am pretty new to unity, so the search for the exact key words are eluding me.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

2. JDMulti

JDMulti

Yes it works. However you need to place the gameobject with audioclip in the direction of the subject. For example: you have a skybox with a car, put the audioclip position on the skybox side where the car is. When you move your head, you'll hear the audio from there.

You do need 3d audio enabled in the audioclip to make it work and have the audio area intersect with the OVR controller.