Search Unity

3D Radar UI : Beta-2d July-22-2016

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ForceX, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Divver

Divver

Hey ForceX,

Firstly I'd like to give you a huge thanks for your contribution to this genre!

I'm currently using Unity 5.2.1f1 and I'm having issues with the VDI drawing the vertical line.
    Upon inspection of a paused game through scene view it appears the vertical line isn't being assigned a texture!

Update:

I've seen in some commented code that enabling the VDI base will disable the VDI, yet enabling the VDI without the base still doesn't draw the VDI so... I made changes to fix this.

At line 170 of FX_3DRadar_Mgr.cs, I added a reference to the VDI sprite;
    public Sprite Sprite_VDI.​
    At line 681 of FX_3DRadar_RID.cs, I added the following two lines;
    Image_RIDV.sprite = FX3DRM.Sprite_VDI;
    Image_RIDV.SetNativeSize();​

At line 250 of FX_3DRadar_M_Editor.cs, I altered a dozen lines of code to reflect the fact enabling the VDI disables the base and vice versa.​

I'm not the best programmer so this may be entirely wrong or not even needed but it works for me! Let me know if I was of help!

I should also add that I altered the Radar Icons Atlas to create a sprite named RI_VDI which is a 3x3 sprite located in the white box area just above the RI_VDI_Base.

Regards,
    David

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  2. ForceX

ForceX

Hi Divver,

The way the VDI texture use to work was, when a UI image component was created at runtime a default white texture / sprite was applied automatically. This was no longer the case after one of the 5.2.x releases. I did fix this on my end by doing probably the same thing you did, by creating a blank sprite texture and assigning it to the VDI after creation. I gues I never got around to posting it, so my bad.

Disabling the VDI and VDI base should work like this.

1. Disabling the VDI line should also disable the VDI base icon as well. Because no need for a base icon if it does not connect to anything.

2. Disabling the VDI base icon should only disable this element and should still draw the VDI line.

Grant it I have not looked at this feature in a long time so it is possible I broke something along the way. I will check it out.

When I get home I will try and remember to upload the VDI fix.

3. Divver

Divver

Thanks!

I've been working on my project for the majority of today and I've come across a bigger issue.

I added an AI control to one of my physics based ships and set it up appropriately for the radar.

FPS and game play is absolutely smashing until I open the target list, then it cripples everything. Once I close the target list, back to normal!

4. ForceX

ForceX

Can you give some more detail as to what happens when you open the list?

Edit:
    If you don't have the list buttons setup correctly then you may be getting null errors.

5. Divver

Divver

My TargetButton isn't actually showing in the list, can't get it to show at all, works fine on a none rigidbody object, but when attached to my AI enemy vehicle doesn't work at all, do you have Skype at all? Might be easier to troubleshoot then!

Not getting any errors by the way.

Best I can tell, my render thread sits at 0.3ms non-stop with the list off and as soon as I turn on the list it hops up to a minimum of 20ms.

CPU thread more than doubles too.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  6. ForceX

ForceX

Sorry, no Skype, mic, cam.

Can you PM me a screen grab of your AI setup as shown in the inspector & hierarchy windows?

7. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Alpha-5 Unity 5.3.0b5

Changes:
    RID script now has assignable fields for the Rigidbody, Renderer, & List Button. This makes the RID script a bit more flexible in terms of where it needs to be located on the target object. Before the target object was required to be the mesh renderer, rigidbody (if using physics for target lead), and collider.

Now the RID script only needs to be located on the primary mesh collider, this is because if you are using the mouse to select a target then currently it is required that the script be on the mesh with the collider that the mouse selected.

To Do:
    1. Make the Renderer field expandable to accompany multi mesh objects that contribute the the over all bounds of an object.

Known Issues:
    Same as before....

8. ForceX

ForceX

FYI for any users that are still using Unity 5.2.1f there is a issue regarding the VDI. 5.2.1f has a problem with creating UI Images at runtime and not assigning the default texture. Because of this the VDI will not be drawn.

This was not an issue to versions prior to 5.2.1f nor is it an issue for versions after.

9. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Alpha-6 Unity 5.3.0b5

Updating From Previous Versions Will Require Script Resets

New Features:
    Targets can now have multiple mesh renderers contribute to the overall size of the bounding indicator box.

Changes:
    The Canvas is no longer set to Pixel Perfect by default instead all UI element pixel perfect screen positioning calculations are taking care of through the Radar script. This allows for a better looking Perspective radar view. This is because with a pixel perfect canvas the VDI has tendency to disappear when at slight angles due to sub pixel interpolation.

This also fixes jittering between many of the UI elements.

Note Render To Texture currently does not support using a Perspective radar view.

Fixes:
    Fixed "Radar UI" RectTransform container. Child objects can now use UI Anchor & Pivot points correctly.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  10. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Alpha-7 Unity 5.3.0b5

Updating From Previous Versions Will Require Script Resets

Changes:
    Class Mgr now has offset values for the target ID HUD / Radar sprite images and the target selection indicator. See Setup guide section on creating Target Classes for more information (Important).

Fixes:
    Target lead indicator and Sub Component target selection indicators were left out of the previous update. They should work as expected now.

11. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Alpha-8,a,b Unity 5.3.0b5

Updating From Previous Versions <Alpha 6 Will Require Script Resets

New Features:
    Pulse Radar : The radar will only update on a fixed time interval. Alpha 8

Changes:
    Inspector interface is easier to read. Fields no longer extend past the inspector window. Alpha 8a

Fixes:
    Blind Radar update time was incorrectly using DeltaTime. This got accidentally changed around Alpha 5. Alpha 8
    2. Blind Radar will now use its layer mask instead of all layers. This feature was never enabled. Alpha 8
    3. When Blind Radar is enabled and a target is selected. If that target looses LOS then regains LOS before the Auto Reaquire Time expires and is set back as the players active target, its bounds will not be enabled. Alpha 8
    4. Fixed issue when using Pulse Radar & Blind Radar with new targets being set to enabled in range of the players radar while it is between radar pulses that could cause the UI elements to appear in the corner of the radar camera window. Alpha 8b

Thanks to Divver for reporting these problems :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  12. Minos32

Minos32

Hi!!, me again. How can I quit the "squares" that appear around the targets?? There is a green point in the middle of the screen, how can I eliminate it???

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  13. ForceX

ForceX

I think you are talking about the target bounding indicators. It should not be a solid square. Make sure a sprite image has been assigned in the inspector field FX_3DRadar_Mgr --> HUD Display Settings --> Global Bounds Settings --> Sprite.
    You can disable the bounds by deselecting the *Render Bounds tick box.

Make sure your players camera is not rendering the Radar layer.

14. Minos32

Minos32

Hi!! Me again, These are the squares which I was talking about, but If I uncheck the render thick box the program crashes. (I'm using version Alpha 4, because I could not configure the alpha 8b yet) image2.png

And this is another thing I can quit. The objects appear in the borders of the screen and it looks bad for me. How can I fix it???
    image1.png

Thanks in advance.

15. ForceX

ForceX

Yes the "Squares" are the target bounding indicators. Disable them by unchecking *Render Bounds, or Disable Bounds at the bottom. What error do you get when you disable them?

The other are the Targets off screen, screen edge HUD ID indicators. Disable them by unchecking *Render HUDID's or Disable HUDID's at the bottom.

What is the difference between *Render Bounds / HUDID and Disable Bounds / HUDID's is:

1. Render Bounds / HUDID's is a pre-runtime decision that if disabled will not create the required UI elements to save on system resources. Must be set prior to entering play mode. Do not change this during runtime.

2. Disable Bounds / HUDID's is a player selectable option during runtime to disable the Bounds / HUDID's.

Minos32 likes this.
  16. Minos32

Minos32

Thanks a lot, I finally got it. And also I could use the alpha 8b.
    :D
    Thanks!!!!!

17. ForceX

ForceX

Great!! Remember as of Alpha 6-7 the ClassMgr requires a bit more setup with the offset values than before for each Class / Sub Class. If the Offset values for the radar are left at 0 then the Radar ID Icon will not be centered properly. Check out the setup readme on creating Classes. If you are using the 2D radar I recommend enabling the 3D radar view to get the offset values set so the ID Icon is centered over the VDI first then switch back to the 2D radar.

18. ForceX

ForceX

There was a bug with unchecking the *Render HUD ID's tick box. This has been fixed and will be included in the next update.

19. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Alpha-9,a,b Unity 5.3.0b5

Updating From Previous Versions < Alpha 6 Will Require Script Resets

New Features:
    Radar Pulse Animation

Reintegrated Features From JS Version:
    Radar sounds are back BABY!! Sounds not included......

Changes:
    By default the Radar now has a new Radar Pulse child mesh. If you do not intend on using the Radar Pulse feature this mesh can be safely removed.
    2. The Radar object is now assignable in the FX_3DRadar_Mgr Inspector. Easier to use your own radar meshes.
    3. Radar Layer is now assignable in the FX_3DRadar_Mgr. This is now exposed to make it more clear that the radar needs its own layer. Alpha 9a
    4. VFB Layer is now assignable in the FX_3DRadar_Mgr. This is now exposed to make it more clear that the VFB needs its own layer. Alpha 9b
    5. FX_3DRadar_Mgr inspector layout changes. Alpha 9b

Fixes:
    Disabling the HUD ID by deselecting *Render HUD ID's will no longer cause null errors.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    Minos32 likes this.
  20. ForceX

ForceX

Removed DL something strange is going on.

21. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Alpha-10a Unity 5.3.0b5

Stored Targets are back. Store up to 4 different targets. To store a target first select the desired target then press the Store Selected Target key. To set a stored target press the Select Stored Target Key.
    2. Filter Hostile key input is back.
    3. Switch 3D/2D key input is back.

See the FX_Input_Mgr for key input bindings.

Fixes:
    Fixed an issue with the Radar Target Selection box being destroyed if the player selected a target then cleared the target and the target was destroyed before the player selected a new target. Target!!
    2. Main Target Selection Indicator now works correctly when HUD ID's are set to not render and the target is off screen. Broke in Alpha 9

So yah.. Report bugs.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  22. tectuma

tectuma

OK I finally got around to ripping out the old radar system in and putting in the newest ver. Before I start working on connecting it to my project I figured I better get it working with out any changes. I got all most everything working but I am running in to a rather strange issue. When I select an object when the radar is on the screen it shows the little box and the stats and it points to where it should be. But if I turn my ship around the radar shows that it is behind me too. If it is off the screen it will still show where the object is (with the arrow), but the target box does not pop up. It is as if the radar can not tell if the object is on the screen or not. I have not played with the bounding box or picking a target by clicking on it to see if this issue is part of a bigger issue that I goofed up on. Here is a video of what it is doing (Sorry about quality of the video).

I am hoping that you can point me in the right direction.

23. Minos32

Minos32

Hi!
    How can I change the image (or mesh) of the radar and how can I add a line indicating the front of the player and another indicating where the north is (or any other point)???.

The new version works really well unitl now, I like a lot the pulse mode.

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  24. ForceX

ForceX

@tectuma : Are you using Alpha 10a? Check your FX_3DRadar_Mgr inspector VFB Component settings and make sure the VFB layer is a unique layer that is not used by any other gameObject. Check that the _GameMgr object is at world 0,0,0. If you use a floating origin then make sure that it ignores the _GameMgr.

@Minos :
    The radar mesh that is included is a 1m x 1m x 1m sphere with a disc cross section. You can absolutely create your own mesh just make sure that the radar mesh is 1m x 1m x 1m in Unity and that it resides at world 0,0,0. Radar target distance calculations are spherical so keep that in mind if you are trying to create a square radar.

As for the image you can edit the included texture : "360 Radar Texture" and make it look how you wish.

1. Line forward : Currently the "Top" of the radar is always forward relative to the player. You can edit the included image "360 Radar Texture" if needed and draw a new line.

2. North Line : I would start by creating a new mesh disc similar to the mesh used for the Pulse animation (Can't use it because the UV's will not work). Make a texture for it then rotate it to point to where ever you decide north should be.

If you don't want to create a disc you could create Unity quad object scale it so it looks like a compass needle. Place it over the radar (Make sure to set its layer to the radar layer so the camera can see it) and rotate it to point to where you decide north should be.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  25. tectuma

tectuma

Yes the new Alpha 10a. _GameMgr at 0,0,0. VFB Layer is not used by anything.

FYI working on trying to fix the issue Live right now 11/18/2015 10:30 PM EST... if you want to pop in.... LOL http://www.twitch.tv/tectuma

If not I will let you know if I find anything...

26. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Alpha-10b Unity 5.3.0f1

Fixes:
    Fixed the Directional Indicator Arrow not disabling when a target that is far away is inside the arc of the arrow.
    2. Fixed the Target List buttons Z position being set as the targets world position when being added to the list. This caused the buttons to exist in the target list but were drawn outside the range of the canvas.
    3. Fixed using the mouse to select a target by clicking on its mesh and clicking on a child mesh that is not a Sub Component and does not contain the RID script causing Null errors.

Thanks tectuma, the game is looking great :)

27. tectuma

tectuma

No, thank you ForceX

We had an unexpected gust last night. The developer and owner of the FX 3DRadar was in our Twitch TV channel last night. We normally have a lot of developers in our channel what makes this any different? We have tried many, many, many radar systems for Tectuma.com and could never find one that worked right or could do everything we need it to. Then we stumble upon FX 3DRadar. It is a full featured and robust radar system that it is as elegant as it is powerful. When you look at the code it is like a work of art well written and documented. Even tho this radar system could be sold for $100 dollars with ease, ForceX offers it free! Now for the part that will blow your mind. The support is phenomenal with quick responses often going out of the way to help you. With more help than you get from a lot of the high priced unity3d packages.

We been using the FX 3DRadar for a while now and every time I have had an issue ForceX would respond to our question in a very short time frame. When we upgraded the FX 3DRadar we ran in to a strange glitch. ForceX not only logged on to our Twitch channel to help us trouble shoot the issue live but when it was found not to be a problem (it was a bad down load of the package) they stuck around the channel to help out.

If you need a full radar system, I would suggest giving his package a try. It can be a little bit of a pain to set up (anything of this magnitude always is) but it is well worth the effort with the results that you get. You can quote me on all of this. We just wish all developers would follow in your foot steps it would make game development a lot less stress full.

I would like to give a huge hart filled thanks to ForceX, it was an honor and a privilege to have him in our channel. Please feel free to swing by any time you wish.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    Minos32 likes this.
  28. Minos32

Minos32

Hi!

Let me share with you the texture I made, if you like it you can use it or change it for your purposes.

Thanks @ForceX, I will continue asking question if it is not a problem for you :). I'm making the changes you suggested and I will tell you how it works. radar360.png

29. ForceX

ForceX

@Minos32 : Fantastic if it's ok i'll include it in with the base radar so others can start to have some options for radar textures.

It's never a problem, always feel free to ask :)

30. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Alpha-10d,e Unity 5.3.0f1

Changes:
    Changed how the radar handles state changes aka Radar Enabled / Radar Disabled. This fixes errors if the Radar is disabled and new targets are spawned or if the Radar is disabled prior to runtime.
    2. FX_Input_Mgr has an option to disable Sub Component targeting. Disabling this will prevent any Sub Component input methods from executing, Mouse or Keyboard.

Fixes:
    1. Fixed disabling Sub Components on the FX_Input_Mgr would accidentally hide the key binding for Clear Target as well. Alpha 10e

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  31. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Alpha-11,a,b Unity 5.3.0f1

New Features:
    Auto Target On Destroy : If the player has a target and the target is destroyed, this will auto target the next closest hostile contact. This can be enabled on the FX_3DRadar_Mgr --> Targeting Options --> Auto Target On Destroy

Fixes:
    1. Fixed the VDI not being destroyed when a target is destroyed.
    2. Fixed the FX_Faction_Mgr slider bars not always displaying in the inspector.

Changes:
    1. Alpha 11a Created sprites for all icons in the Icon Atlas
    2. Alpha 11b Changed the default target list window to be less obstructive. If you want to use the new list window in a current project follow these steps to keep any custom settings you may have for scripts attached to the _GameMgr

1. Navigate to _GameMgr --> Canvas --> Radar UI--> Target List Window.
    2. Delete the Target List Window.
    3. Import a new instance of the _GameMgr prefab into the Hierarchy.
    4. Navigate to _GameMgr(New Instance) --> Canvas --> Radar UI--> Target List Window
    5. Move the new Target List Window to the old _GameMgr --> Canvas--> Radar UI
    6. Move the Target List Window and Content objects back to the FX_3DRadar_Mgr inspector.
    7. Delete the new _GameMgr instance.

If you are not worried about any custom settings then simply delete the _GameMgr and import a new instance of the _GameMgr prefab.

3. Alpha 11b @tectuma : Space Whale has an icon / sprite :)

Use these offset values for quick setup in the ClassMgr.

HUD ID Center Offset : Click the button
    Radar ID Center Offset : X= -7, Y= 0, Z= -5
    TSI Center Offset : X=0, Y =-2

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  32. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Alpha-12,a,b,c,d,e Unity 5.3.0f1

Known Issues:
    NAV are acting funny. Will be scrapped and completely rewritten. Do not use ATM.

Local Radar is back. Each RID can have a local radar enabled. This will build a list of hostile targets based on the Faction relations between the RID and the potential target.
    • Enable Local Radar : FX_3DRadar_RID --> Local Radar --> Enable Local Radar
    • Access the list via FX_3DRadar_RID.HostileList[int];
    New Features:
    FX_3DRadar_Mgr has an option for a Default target list button. If you are using a standard button for all targets simply assign a prefab button object here and all targets will instantiate a new button instance at Start(); If a button is assigned to the FX_3DRadar_RID "legacy method" this button will override the Default button from the FX_3DRadar_Mgr.
    2. Alpha 12f POI and NAV can ignore UI fading if fading used.

Changes:
    Player Relations are now functional & optional. If Player Relations are not used then the Global Faction Relations will be used instead.
    2. Lots of Inspector changes to make things more visible.
    3. Setting an RID IsPlayer = true during runtime will automatically set the RID faction to the Players Faction on the next status check.
    4. Alpha 12b Removed the need to store the Canvas and Radar UI objects. They are only used during initialization.
    5. Alpha12b Removed Canvas Layer, Screen Overlay UI ignores this anyway.
    6. Alpha 12d SetRadarScaleZoom() is now public. Radar range can be changed at runtime then call the SetRadarScaleZoom() to apply the new range values.
    1. FX_3DRadar_Mgr.RadarRange = float;
    2. FX_3DRadar_Mgr.SetRadarScaleZoom();
    7. Alpha 12e VFB now uses the same layer as the radar. One less layer requirement.

Fixes:
    Alpha 12a Directional Indicator Arrow will now stay centered on the screen if the screen size changes.
    2. Alpha12b Child colliders should no longer interfere with the Blind Radar as long as it is a direct child of the parent (RID) object and not a child of a child.
    3. Alpha 12c All child colliders of a RID object should now work with Blind Radar.
    4. Alpha 12c Fixed Blind Radar Auto Reacquire not setting the players target properly.
    5. Alpha 12f Fixed POI behavior.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  33. Minos32

Minos32

Hi!! I can't use the alpha 12f version, the last error that the program throws is: Captura.PNG
    I don't know what to do.

In the other hand I'm working with alpha 10b, trying to make the north line with a quad like you said. The problem is that it seems that the line rotates with the player (it is not atached to the player), it stays in the same place in the radar:
    north_line.png

And I don't understand the part of the mesh disc, well I don't know where to put it.
    Can you help me with that please?

34. ForceX

ForceX

The error:
    Are you assigning a prefab to to the FX_3DRadar_RID button? The RID script requires a gameObject that exist in the game world. Prefabs won't work. I can make them work though.

The FX_3DRadar_Mgr-->Default Button is the only field that accepts prefabs.

Note you only need one of these button fields assigned. If you assign a prefab to the FX_3DRadar_Mgr-->Default button then every RID will create a new button from this prefab. If you assign a gameObject to the FX_3DRadar_RID-->Button then this button will be used instead of the Default button but it cannot be a prefab.

Radar line:
    You need to make a script that will rotate the quad based on the players forward direction and where ever north is. The radar is a static object and does not move or rotate.

The mesh disc:
    This mesh object is a child of the radar. But because of the custom UV it is no good for texturing in a classical manner. Your textured quad will work just fine.

Note because of the quads xyz direction if you plan on using a lookat() method then you may need to create an empty gameObject, orientate it with the z facing along the radars forward direction, and make the quad a child of this empty object. Using a lookat() method you will need to localize north to a new Vector3(X value, 0, Z value). You will want Y = 0. If not then then the line will rotate all over the radar and not just on the horizontal axis.

You may still need to 0 the X&Z Euler angles after the lookat() to fix any pitching / tilting the quad may experience.

Planar rotations can be tricky to point at a desired point if you haven't done them before, but there are lots of ways to go about doing them.

35. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Alpha-13,a,b Unity 5.3.0f2

If updating it is required that the Radar & HUD Target Selection Indicator be reassigned in the FX_3DRadar_Mgr.

New Features:
    Alpha 13a FX_Class_Mgr has a "Calculate All Offsets" button at the top of the inspector. Click this to quickly set every class & sub class offset values.
    2. Alpha 13b Added basic "Arrival" behavior conditions to NAVs. Do Nothing, Disable, Destroy.

Changes:
    Attempting to edit a FX_3DRadar_RID or FX_Class_Mgr in the inspector without a _GameMgr with a FX_3DRadar_Mgr or FX_Faction_Mgr scripts attached will no longer cause null errors. Instead the sections of the inspector that require these components will display a warning indicating that they are not present.

2. The Class Managers "Calculate Offset" button will do all necessary calculations and not just HUD ID center offset.

For best results all Radar ID Icons should be of odd with & height not even. Even number of pixels do not have a good center point. ooo <-- Good vs oooo <-- Bad

Manual offset value entry is still available for tweaking.

3. The Radar & HUD ID Target Selection Indicators now use the same sprite.
    4. Alpha 13a NAV points are back.
    5. Alpha 13a Changed the Radar ID vertical offset to adjust the VDI line instead of the RID icon when the target is below the player. This eliminates the jumping the icon experienced when transitioning from above to below the player. Because of this change the FX_Class_Mgr will need to recompute the offset values for the icons. Just click the new Calculate All Offsets button at the top of the inspector.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  36. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Beta-1,a Unity 5.3.0f2

What does Beta mean?

Beta means that the Core features of the radar are complete and functional.

What about the Missions?
    Now that the Core features of the radar are complete the Beta going forward will see focused development on the Mission components.

New Features:
    Radar Pointer can point to any object in the world and is displayed in the radar view. The Radar Pointer has two display modes.
    • Rotation Planar : This rotates the pointer towards the pointer target but keeps the pointer aligned to the horizontal plane of the radar.
    • Rotation 3D : This rotates the pointer towards the pointer target in 3D space with no restrictions.
    Pointer Behaviors
    • Disable When In Range : Will disable the pointer when the pointer target is in the players radar range.
    • Override NAV : If the pointer target is a NAV point then this will replace the NAV icon on the radar when the NAV is outside the players radar range. This only affects the NAV assigned as the pointer target. Any other active NAV points will still render as normal.
    Adding the Pointer to an existing project.
    1. Add the "PointerBase" prefab as a child of the radar object.
    2. Zero the PointerBase position.
    3. Assign the PointerBase to the FX_3DRadar_Mgr --> Radar Pointer --> Pointer field.
    4. Assign a target for the pointer to point at.
    Changes:
    Beta-1a Added Scripting References to the inspector for FX_3DRadar_Mgr & FX_3DRadar_RID components that are most likely to be used by other scripts
    2. Beta-1a Force the pointer to the Radar layer.
    3. Beta-1a Changed the default Radar camera to better display the radar pointer. To see the change in an existing project you will need to do one of the following.
    • Delete & re-import the _GameMgr
    • Change the radar camera orthographic settings to the following.
    1. Size = 0.6
    2. X= 0.8
    3. Y= 0
    4. W = 0.3
    5. H = 0.5
    Fixes:
    Beta-1a Fixed null error when Pointer is disabled and not assigned to the FX_3DRadar_Mgr

The pointer is now part of the base prefab. If you do not intend on using the pointer then simply delete the pointer object from the radar.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  37. Minos32

Minos32

Hi!! It works good but there is a place where the point appears twice. That point is when it goes to 180º, how can I fix it?

I have another question,:oops:, is it possible to change the current image to a circle with numbers, something like this grados.png , that is around the radar and rotates with 000 pointing to an object.

38. ForceX

ForceX

s
    Can you explain a bit more? Do you mean the Pointer is rendered twice or it appears to stutter when crossing the 180 mark?

If its stuttering I think I know what may cause this and will look at it this evening.

1. Are you wanting to make your image the object that rotates instead of the pointer?
    • You can make a quad with your texture and use the quad instead of the pointer object.

2. Or do you want to replace the radar texture with this image?
    • You can change the radar materials texture to use your texture instead of the one that comes with the package. Note that the outer sphere of the radar uses the lower left section of the texture for it's UV space. It's just a small section of the image to get a color and alpha values. You can see this in the provided texture.
    I had an idea about the radar object today and tonight I'm going to be replacing it with a new one.

Edit : Sorry I didn't see the continued text after the image. Option 1 is how you would do it.
    This is what you would do.
    1. Create a quad with a material of your texture
    2. Make the quad a child of the PointerBase & zero the position
    3. Remove the existing pointer object.
    4. Rotate the quad so it has correct starting orientation with 000 pointing forward.
    5. Scale the quad to your liking.
    6. Make sure the PointerBase object is assigned as the pointer in the FX_3DRadar_Mgr.
    7. Set the rotation method to Planar Rotation
    8. Run

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  39. Minos32

Minos32

It appears to stutter, It seems that sometimes is up and sometimes down, blinking. But only happens when is in 180 degrees. And the option number 1 is the one that I will try :). Thanks!!

40. ForceX

ForceX

Stuttering: I know exactly where to look and will squash it tonight. Thanks for reporting :)

41. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Beta-1b Unity 5.3.0f2

Fixes:

1. Fixed Radar Pointer stutter when the Pointer Target is exactly behind the player.

42. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Beta-1c Unity 5.3.0f2

Changes:
    1. New Radar Prefab. Now looks like the radar show on the "Anatomy of A Radar" image. With customization options.
    • Change the radar sphere outline color & width
    • Change the radar sphere color
    • Change the radar plane color
    To use the new radar in an existing project it is necessary to do the following.
    1. Delete the existing Radar from the _GameMgr
    2. Apply the new Radar prefab as a child of the _GameMgr & zero the position
    3. Set the new Radar layer to your Radar Layer
    4. Reassign the Radar & RadarCamera to the FX_3DRadar_Mgr inspector fields
    5. (Optional) Reassign the PointerBase gameObject to the FX_3DRadar_Mgr-->Pointer field if using the pointer. If not then delete or disable the Pointer gameObject.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    danreid70 likes this.
  43. Minos32

Minos32

Hi, me again.
    How can I quit this label:

Captura.PNG

44. ForceX

ForceX

Look under "_GameMgr-->Canvas-->Radar UI" it's a text UI element called target distance or something like that. Delete it and if you still have the Example Scripts game object in the scene remove the target distance script too. I don't have access to Unity ATM so those names may not be exact.

45. ForceX

ForceX

Behold the Quest Manager
    It's ALIVE!! Sort of...

This is very early WIP that I just started on last night but I think it's coming along quite nicely.

The data structure for managing NPC-->Quest-->Quest Branches is in place. This means that any NPC, Quest, or Quest Branch can be added or removed with no degradation. This was a chore because everything you are looking at is contained inside of just two Lists<>. Fortunately all heavy lifting for maintaining NPC-->Quest-->Quest Branch relationships is done on the Editor side.

Removing a NPC will remove all quest associated with the NPC.
    Removing a Quest will remove all quest branches associated with the quest.
    Removing a Quest branch will do just that.

How does this work?
    Lets start at the left side where everything begins, the NPC List.

Adding an NPC to the Quest Manager is a snap, just drag your NPC onto the Add Guest Giver field and your done. The NPC will be assigned an NPC ID that will be used to link all its quest to them.

Click on the NPCs button to bring up a list of any available quest they have to offer or click the New Quest button to add a new quest. Next to each Quest button is a (number) this number shows how many Branches this Quest has.

What is a Quest Branch?
    A quest branch is a string of quest that have different outcomes based on the players success or failure of the previous quest. Quest branches can be added by clicking on the Add Quest Branch button in the Quest Tree view.

Is this In the Radar package Yet?
    NO! This is just a update / preview :)

Does the node view zoom / pan?
    The quest nodes can be panned but not zoomed, yet.

That's where things are ATM, next I need to build out the GUI structure to link the Quest data into the Quest Property field on the right side. This is where the quest settings for any selected quest branch will be edited. Then I need come up with the final look for the quest branch nodes (smaller).

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    danreid70 likes this.
  46. Minos32

Minos32

Hi, I added this function to your FX_3DRadar_Mgr script to change the range with buttons:

Code (CSharp):
    1. void changeRadarRange()
    2.     {
    3.         if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.KeypadPlus))
    4.         {
    5.             switch ((int)RadarZoom)
    6.             {
    7.                 case 0:
    8.                     RadarZoom = (_radarZoom)3;
    9.                     break;
    11.                 case 1:
    12.                     RadarZoom = (_radarZoom)0;
    13.                     break;
    15.                 case 2:
    16.                     RadarZoom = (_radarZoom)1;
    17.                     break;
    19.                 case 3:
    20.                     RadarZoom = (_radarZoom)4;
    21.                     break;
    23.                 case 4:
    24.                     RadarZoom = (_radarZoom)2;
    25.                     break;
    26.             }
    27.         }
    29.         if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.KeypadMinus))
    30.         {
    31.             switch ((int)RadarZoom)
    32.             {
    33.                 case 0:
    34.                     RadarZoom = (_radarZoom)1;
    35.                     break;
    37.                 case 1:
    38.                     RadarZoom = (_radarZoom)2;
    39.                     break;
    41.                 case 2:
    42.                     RadarZoom = (_radarZoom)4;
    43.                     break;
    45.                 case 3:
    46.                     RadarZoom = (_radarZoom)0;
    47.                     break;
    49.                 case 4:
    50.                     RadarZoom = (_radarZoom)3;
    51.                     break;
    52.             }
    53.         }
    54.     }
    I call this function in LateUpdate. I hope this could be useful for somebody :).

47. ForceX

ForceX

@Minos32
    Nice, I totally forgot about that I'll include it in the next update :)

Upcoming Changes
    This one was annoying. In Unity 5.x at some time, the scene Dirty state was moved entirely into the Unity Undo system which means that any changes made in the inspector will not save with a File-->Save Scene. Unless an Undo event had been called sometime before. Apparently not even SetDirt() means anything anymore.

To fix this added a very basic undo call to the OnEnable() in 3D Radar Mgr, 3D Radar RID, Class Mgr, & Faction Mgr editor files so any changes made to the inspector can be saved with out having to do something stupid like needing to move a scene object to mark the scene as dirty.

However currently this means that just the act of having one of these inspectors open and calling its OnEnable() will cause the scene to be dirty. At least it will be easier to save changes when working only in the inspector and not the scene.

48. Minos32

Minos32

Hi! do you know some way to change the image of the radar by script??, I want to use one image when the "zoom" is less than 1 and another image when is equal or more then 1.

49. ForceX

ForceX

@Minos32
    If you are using the latest version (Beta 1c) do the following.

1. Check that the RadarPlane Material is assigned to the FX_3DRadar_Mgr-->Radar Display Setup--> Radar Plane field in the inspector. It should be by default.
    2. Change the materials texture via FX_3DRadar_Mgr.RadarPlane.SetTexture("_MainTex", Your Texture Here);

I'll throw in native support for this in the next release.

50. ForceX

ForceX

Update ForceX 3D Radar UI Beta-2 Unity 5.3.0f4

New Features:
    Added Key Input bindings for Radar Zoom In, Radar Zoom Out, Radar Zoom Normal to the FX_Input_Mgr
    2. Added Texture Overrides for the Radar depending on Zoom/Boost level to the FX_3DRadar_Mgr.
    Texture fields are located FX_3DRadar_Mgr--> Radar Display Setup --> Radar Zoom (Texture Override)

Changes:
    Activating the inspector for FX_3DRadar_Mgr, FX_3DRadar_RID, FX_Class_Mgr, FX_Faction_Mgr will initiate an Undo event. This will allow the scene to be saved if changes to a scene were done on one of the inspectors and not the scene objects them self.
    2. Faction & Class selections is now done via Drop Down list instead of a slider.
    3. Root folder name change

Quest Editor Update (WIP Not Available)
    New Features :
    1. Quest can be re-ordered by dragging and dropping.
    2. Events can be driven by external scripts assigned to a quest node. This is done by assigning any script with a public Method and assigning the Method to call once the criteria has been met.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    danreid70 and runningbird like this.