Search Unity

3D Project Upgrade to HDRP

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by The_Nerd_Sherpa, Jan 12, 2019.

1. The_Nerd_Sherpa

The_Nerd_Sherpa

I have an existing project and I would like to add HDRP. I found a video on how to add HDRP after you've already created a 3D project. It says to use the Package Manager and under All packages, install HD Render Pipeline. But its not showing up in Package Manager. I've confirmed that Unity is allowed in the Windows firewall. I'm using Unity 2018.3.
    This is all that is showing up for me, none of the other Unity built-in packages:
    upload_2019-1-12_6-5-12.png
    upload_2019-1-12_6-6-44.png

2. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

I think that you need to enable the *preview* packages in the *Advanced* menu.

Pascal

3. The_Nerd_Sherpa

The_Nerd_Sherpa

Thanks for the response!
    I just tried that. Although it did display additional non-Unity packages, it still didn't show the HDRP package.

4. The_Nerd_Sherpa

The_Nerd_Sherpa

Should I just create a new project with HDRP and import everything into it? Can I do that, or will I have to rebuild everything?

5. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Preview packages are all Unity packages. Unless you are configured a scoped registry?

I believe the HDRP package is labelled *render-pipelines.high-definition*. It is in the preview packages list on my end. I just installed version 5.2.3.

Do you see it?

6. The_Nerd_Sherpa

The_Nerd_Sherpa

Oh man! "render-pipelines.core" and "render-pipelines.high-definition" are both there....

The video that I watched on how to install it showed "HD Render Pipeline". I just checked it again and it was for HDRP 3.3.0-preview
    Unity must have renamed it.
    upload_2019-1-12_15-12-56.png
    Thanks for your help with this.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  7. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Oh gee. I'm really sorry about the confusion. I was not aware of all the name changing too. Glad we figured it out :)