Search Unity

3D Platformer Devkit reduced $150 one week only

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by fiveleggedmonster, Mar 23, 2011.

1. fiveleggedmonster

fiveleggedmonster

Hi,

the hot fix is life as far as I know :) but sorry it is still Version 1.1 (forgot to change it to 1.2 :))
    Anyway there are no errors now - just some warnings (they will be gone in version 1.3)

@darrelljr00 yes there is a simple menu - a lot of things are rem'ed out so you need to check the source file.

2. etomp10291

etomp10291

nice work!

3. Cnaff

Cnaff

Pretty awesome, but for that price I would expect to beable to swim, and the water looks like crap :/

4. FitzSoft

FitzSoft

I just updated to the latest kit via the asset store and still have the same problems as before. Compile and run the game and only arrow keys work. Run game from editor and you get "input button jump not setup", "input button map not setup".

Looking at the player setup, it looks like the scripts needed are attached so unsure why these errors are here. If its possible to pull the project into an older version of unity to get it working then I will try this as an option to fix the problem.

Can you just post the steps to set these up so noobs like me can fix the problem.

If there are issues buying/importing assets from the store then we should be able to get a download link to download a complete package with project file outside of this system to guarantee user happiness. :)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  5. danreid70

danreid70

Same here. :( I purchased it, using the latest version of Unity, started new project (blank), imported package through Asset Store, and same issues as BinaryBiscuits listed above. :( Windows system here, too. Wanted to check out how it's all set up. I use javascript, not C#. Was going to use some of the assets and re-vamp the controls in javascript to mesh with a project I'm already working on, but was kind of hoping this would just "work out of the box"...

Fiveleggedmonster, is there an update we could get from you directly, if it's taking forever for the Asset Store to catch up? I'd really like to take a crack at this, but I really don't want to try to debug in C# just to get it working... :(

6. fiveleggedmonster

fiveleggedmonster

Hi!
    I actually fixed this and after checking it on some machines (2 MAC's and 3 PC's and one Net book) it worked for me.
    :-/
    I will contact Unity about this issue and hopefully they can help us out a bit.
    Will keep you in the loop

cheers

7. Maurice-Hoffman

Maurice-Hoffman

I have the same problem with the input, also on the Mac

8. lionskin

lionskin

Hi is this pack going to be $150 forever. I purchased it at $450, and a week later its $150.

If it goes back up to $450 i wont feel as bad, as i respect specials, but its not fair to charge an enormous sum of money, then cut the price drastically like that, say its for one week then keep it $150 for much longer. I just feel ripped off, and i would like some explanation from the creators, who seem shady, bcs there no way of contacting them, and their site does not work or is non existent. Please if the creator(s) sees this post please respond.
    Seriously I'm ticked off.

This type of thing is illegal in my country (Canada - greatest country on earth btw :D )

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  9. FitzSoft

FitzSoft

any update to the input problem?

10. outtoplay

outtoplay

@Five-Legged, I just bought your kit, lovely work. Nice assets, textures and such. Looking forward to 1.3 in the Asset Store so the game portion will play.

@UT Side note about timely posting of updates on the Asset Store. If UT is gonna take a cut of the $$$ that vendors earn, the least you can do is stay on top of the updates offered by the vendors. If you're gonna offer this as a professional service, and take 30% from hard working vendors, at least get the updates they upload onto the store in a timely fashion. I've read the same issues with Brady and his offerings as well. Either do it timely...or offer the service for free. It was put forward as the big 3.1 offering, not just a hobby for UT staff.

11. FitzSoft

FitzSoft

I have now tested the input problems under windows and it has same issue as mac.

Import from asset store, run and keys like jump, fire, map do. Not work.

12. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

I always thought Canada was pretty cool too, but if its illegal to extend a sale maybe I'll change my mind!

13. lionskin

lionskin

Not illegal to extend sales. Just hard to stomach paying $450 then a few days later to see its $150. Oh well.

Anyways Its a great pack and runs great on the iphone.

14. outtoplay

outtoplay

Yeah... I feel you Lion, 3x the week before is rough. Maybe they'll hook you up with a discount on a future offering? Seems a nice thing to do. Not required, but a nice hat tip to a full price customer.

15. FitzSoft

FitzSoft

any update on this input problem? Support would be nice.

16. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

I think Caitlyn needs to get on there case.....

17. zumwalt

zumwalt

I didn't buy it because the only reviews I have seen is that it doesn't work.

18. FitzSoft

FitzSoft

update please on fixing this problem.

19. FitzSoft

FitzSoft

20. darrelljr00

darrelljr00

I thought this had been fixed already.. it still hasnt been fixed?

21. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

This still hasn't been fixed...very bloody frustrating. Especially when you spend $150 on it, and it basically unusable.
    I just downloaded it again from the asset store as I had a machine crash. The asset is still broken.

22. crafTDev

crafTDev

Wow...I see a flux of angry customers asking for a refund...

23. outtoplay

outtoplay

This seller had the benefit of the doubt, but with no posts since way back when... I get the feeling we will not see an update as promised.

Sorta sucks...

24. david0305

david0305

Why so expensive? We dont have money that grows on trees!:eek:

25. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

Thanks Caitlyn for pulling this from the asset store. Unity doesn't need suppliers of this ilk...

26. rockysam888

rockysam888

Did you contact customer support to ask for help? They can contact sellers directly.

27. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

It is old news..if you read through this whole post.

28. FitzSoft

FitzSoft

i contacted Unity support and was asked to contact the developer. As there is no email for the developer, it makes this task hard.

I expect the problem is caused when the developer performed an export of the project. I read somewhere there is an issue with layers or tags which could explain our problems.

As I still do not have a working project or a refund, I would hope someone could see whats missing in the layers/tag area and help us resolve the problem.