Search Unity

3D Platformer Devkit reduced $150 one week only

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by fiveleggedmonster, Mar 23, 2011.

1. fiveleggedmonster

fiveleggedmonster

Hi!

Please check out our new devkit -
    besides a full working platformer (with animated heros, enemies, quests etc etc) you will find
    -over 100 custom objects (on one texture! so you can use this content even on a iPhone!!)
    -11 terain textures
    -lots of objects like chests, items etc etc
    -every "humen" object has animations like idle walk attack etc - depending on the role in the game!
    and may many more.

TO GIVE EVERY ONE A CHANCE TO GET THIS AWESOME SET WE LOWERED THE PRICE TO 150$
    GRAB IT NOW :)

CHECK OUT THE WEB PLAYERE HERE!

Check it out
    http://u3d.as/content/fiveleggedmonster/3rd-person-fantasy-kit/1Bi

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  2. Maurice-Hoffman

Maurice-Hoffman

Hello is there a demo to play, i think it is expensive because i have nothing to test.

3. p6r

p6r

I was very interesting in this incredible, beautiful, complete asset... until I see the price.
    I know there is a lot of (great) work into this product.
    I'm a teacher and I could make various small educational softwares for my pupils, with this set to use in different ways. But it's unfortunately too expensive for me.
    However : Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6R

4. phocker

phocker

Personally. I don't really think that the price is too high. The quality is excellent. Too bad I don't have a need for those kinds of assets at the moment.

5. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

No demo = no sale

6. DisTrash

DisTrash

It announced me 427.50 Euros, so it's about 300 USD ? :( :( :(

7. sangi93

sangi93

Actually a bit more, it's 600 USD :)

8. afalk

afalk

No demo or video preview available? As an independent developer, this is a hefty investment from a cost viewpoint and videos/demos would really help. It looks nice from the screens and I really hope to see more information!

9. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

A nonindie wouldn't buy this, hehe

10. nikko

nikko

Too expensive. Just about the assets, they are very stylized, that means that you need to continue in the same style or you can throw them away.
    If the scripts are good, then a demo is necessary to show what you can really do. Even if there are 100 objects in your prototype, there are bigger and better value (only the assets I mean) at Meshbox, Arturia, Daz, etc...and cheaper.
    Now if you have all the scripting, collision, combat etc... for doing a Zelda like game, then it is different.
    Please post a demo so that we can 'play' with it and see its real value. $450 is not something anyone will pay without thinking a lot.

11. fiveleggedmonster

fiveleggedmonster

Hi!

yeah working on a demo - tomorrow I hope that I can upload a video and then a demo a bit later :)

cheers

12. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

Looks awesome though!

Also I wish the links people give would provide the prices on them, annoying having to run the asset store just to find out.

13. FitzSoft

FitzSoft

too expensive.

14. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

Agree on this very much

15. nikko

nikko

Demo??? I'm excited. My wallet is dancing on the table.

16. fiveleggedmonster

fiveleggedmonster

Can someone tell me where I can upload the demo? please :)

17. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

You sell an item for 400$ and yet you don't have a place where to upload a demo?

18. fiveleggedmonster

fiveleggedmonster

first post updated!

19. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

Updated it with what? No demo? Great update.

20. Toad

Toad

This looks interesting but, as others have already said, it really needs a webplayer demo.

21. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

Do NOT make a webplayer demo, that's one of the easiest ways for certain people to simply run one of those off the shelf apps to pull all the files out of it.

Make a youtube video instead.

22. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

So true. Snagging assets from unity games is like a vaction

23. nikko

nikko

$150 is much better. It is still some serious money, check your message box in private so that I can host a demo for you.

24. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

If I like the demo...I'm in!
    Does it come with a scene file?

25. Toad

Toad

Really? That's a bit scary.

26. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

Yep decompiling a unity game is as easy as 123.

27. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

Wanna see something REALLY scary?

Also, they can do it to standalones.

28. sboyette

sboyette

I am interested, am willing to buy the pack, but would love to see a demo - either web or youtube...
    (I hope the demo is up before this sale ends)

29. p6r

p6r

I think like sboyette : demo before end of special sale !?!

6R

30. fiveleggedmonster

fiveleggedmonster

Just finished the demo and it will be live in some hours - I decided to simply put water marks on the textures + some of the most important textures are in a bit lower resolution.
    So even if you hack it, you will have much more work with removing the water mark then simply buying it :)
    Anyway the devkit is full of psd files so people who buy the devkit can modify the textures easily - if you should hack it you actually can't change anything in there.

31. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

Why are you making it sound like I would steal it? I was the one who clearly warned you not to make a webdemo to avoid exactly that happening. So much for trying to help people, lol. :p

32. fiveleggedmonster

fiveleggedmonster

No!! :) it was not to meant like that :) I only wanted to answer to your suggestion - actually I'm pretty happy you talked about that - its true.... many people "hack" stuff from games/programs :( I know one company that takes actually someonens assats, put them into photoshop, draws over that and publish hte stuff in their games :/ this is very (very very) bad

so sorry if it sounds like it was made to keep you from the assets :) :) ... damn I really feel bad about this misunderstanding argh :/

33. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

What's the name of the company that does that? We should name and shame them, lol.

I remember one company here in the UK that did a game, within weeks they were found out. What they'd done was take screenshots from a whole bunch of other games, Oblivion etc. and just use those. Crazy, lol.

34. fiveleggedmonster

fiveleggedmonster

I remember this was an adventure :) and true there where screenshots (as backgrounds) from Thief, GTA, Oblivion and so on - this was hardcore :)

Btw the web player is ready - and as mentioned before I have water marks on the textures so sorry for some fractals on the objects - if someone is interested in this and would like to see a object without the watermark please mail me!

http://www.unity3dx.com/demos/DevKit/devkit.html

(thank you nikko for the hostin :) )

35. nikko

nikko

Some issues with the webplayer, but otherwise Awesome! I love the style of the graphics!! You did the graphics? How much to extend the kit with more monsters etc...
    The style is very personal and I think you should offer to customize and extend it.
    It is one of the best assets on the asset store so far.

BTW you should edit the first post with the link to the player, most people will get lost and will not find the demo. Also resubmit with a link to the demo in the product description right into the Asset Store, or contact them directly and ask them to add the link. The pack is huge, re-upload should take time.

36. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

37. Maurice-Hoffman

Maurice-Hoffman

I bought it too, it has some problems with the input on the Mac but I think it is worth the money.

38. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

ERROR "Input Button Action is not Setup"

39. fiveleggedmonster

fiveleggedmonster

Sorry don't have so much machines to test it :) But I know the error - and a fix will be online very soon!

40. p6r

p6r

@ fiveleggedmonster : I sent you a PM...

6R

41. grfxman

grfxman

Webplayer link seems broken

42. nikko

nikko

Oups sorry: fixed.

43. p6r

p6r

Your asset is really wonderful !!! So many things to learn, to discover, to use...
    Hey people here, don't hesitate to buy it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6R

44. fiveleggedmonster

fiveleggedmonster

Ok so the input bug was fixed and the webplayer should work now fine (if not please let me know... I don't have a Windows PC to test it - on my Mac all seems fine!)
    I have add some small improvements to the game and submitted it to unity :) hopefully the package will arrive soon

Cheers

45. FitzSoft

FitzSoft

Hi

I purchased this product as I am learning Unity. I created an empty project, then I imported the product from the asset store. I followed the instructions in the read me and seem unable to get it running correctly.

The compiler complains of 19 warnings. Support email for this product is not found in read me file.

I have OS X 10.6.7 with unity 3.3 on iMac i5 8GB memory.

I added both scenes to build menu and built game. From main menu, clicked continue, game starts.
    W,A,S,D works but no other keys i.e. Jump, fire.

I went to GAME scene in editor to see if it runs. Main character hangs, no response from key presses.
    Error messages indicate no input has been defined.

Can you add these instructions to the read me on how to set this all up or provide a project file which loads everything required to play the game.

thanks

46. FitzSoft

FitzSoft

arrrrr, missed the above post. Will the problems I have be fixed in the next update?

47. appleunited

appleunited

How long will this offer last? Or am I late already?

48. fiveleggedmonster

fiveleggedmonster

Hi Guys to clear all your thoughts
    We know now that this bug exist (its strange on every Mac I tryed it all works fine) but some Windows PC's have this input bug.
    I wrote to unity about this issue and hopefully get an answer soon.
    It shouldn't be a big deal to have all corrected in a short time.

@BinaryBiscuits - yep this will be corrected in Version 1.2

@appleunited - until the end of this week (sunday) or if we can't solve the problem with the input earlier then as long as we need to correct this.

Thank you for your patience!

bR

49. FitzSoft

FitzSoft

Many thanks for your support and look forward to see more great products from you.

50. darrelljr00

darrelljr00

DOes this project already have a menu system setup?