Search Unity

Games 3D Pixel Art FPS

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by luxregina, Nov 21, 2018.

1. luxregina

luxregina

Hello everyone! I've been working since this summer on a First person shooter using the pixel-art aesthetic. Here are a couple screenshots:

It started as a 2 persons collab project, for the Oculus Go: I took care of the Art and Level Design, and my colleague took care of the Code and Encounter Design... We are currently waiting for Oculus to validate our build for the Oculus Go.

Here is the trailer for the VR build >

As we were developing the Go build, I also started a parallel PC build from scratch, where I can go berzerk with lighting, particles, game objects, etc.. For this build, I'm doing both the Art and the Code...

Here is a video of the Alpha build >

I've been quietly working on this, and posting some breakdowns on my own blog (http://luxregina.com/portfolio/category/blog/) but I'm reaching a point where I want to share the work with like-minded people, hence me being here!

I may also have some Unity related technical questions and I hope that some of you can guide me, or at least, provide me constructive feedback! :)

2. luxregina

luxregina

3. ToshoDaimos

ToshoDaimos

It looks very nice! You have an eye for good art. Make it something like Duke Nukem 3D and it should sell well. Duke sold over 3m back in the day.

4. luxregina

luxregina

Thanks Quingu! they had the advantage on me that they were brand new, and that DK was a pretty refreshing take on the Doom-like genre, but hey, if I can share the same success, I won's say no to it :)

In the meantime, some VERY EARLY work in progress on what will be my next set!

RavenOfCode likes this.
  5. vladfilipenko

vladfilipenko

Oh, this game looks really amazing, you have done a great job, dude. I think that you have spent a lot of time on its creation. I would really like to try it, because I am a big fan of such games. I have recently found this article https://www.playoholic.com/best-3d-pixel-shooter-games-for-android/ about the best 3d pixel shooter games for android, and these games seem to be really nice. However, I think that your game is even better than these games, and I would really like to try it.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020