Search Unity

3D physics for 2D isometric game.

Discussion in 'Physics' started by CoffeeConundrum, Jun 21, 2017.

1. CoffeeConundrum

CoffeeConundrum

I'm wanting to make a mini golf game and wish to use art assets I've already got (thank you Kenney.nl!) where they've done isometric sprites for the golf course pieces and you can put them together in whichever way. Everything was fine until I realised that I need decent physics for using if there is ramps / hills / small bumps etc.

I had a brief look online and found that it can be done which was great news but I'm struggling to understand how this can be applied to 2D sprites. I also have the issue of putting the collisions on the sprite pieces as well since the box collider cannot go at an angle (as far as I'm aware?) (See Image for example of sprite)

If anyone can help, thanks in advance!

2. eXonius

eXonius

I have no experience with 2D graphics. But as for how to make a slope you can use a mesh collider instead of a box collider. Or just rotate the box collider.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  3. TWicked

TWicked

Truthfully i would think it would be easier to simulate that in 3d, and just set camera as isometric.
    personally i never found a good way to simulate height in 2d in isometric perspective.