Search Unity

1. Going to #UniteBerlin? Bring a buddy & get 25% off the 2nd ticket! More info here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Famed game designer and creator of The Sims, SimCIty, and Spore is looking for a 3D artist to join their team. Join the challenge.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 2017.4 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We've opened a new World Building sub-forum to faciltate all your world building discussions! Drop in and ask any ProBuilder, ProGrids, or PolyBrush questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

3D Navigation - Presentation Purposes

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by zazzooooo, Apr 13, 2018.

1. zazzooooo

zazzooooo

Hey guys,

I'm new to Unity and looking to present the work I produce in Maya on handheld devices, iOS initially.

The extent of what im doing will be just to allow the user to navigate around a scene in 3D...being able to zoom in/out, pan and dolly around freely in a scene. I'm not so much interested in the user tapping a target and it automatically moving there.

Are there some tutorials that will clearly walk me through the process of setting up and publishing to an iOS device? Or maybe there are scenes all ready setup that I can replace the assets with.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Now that you mention it, you'd think this would be a fairly common need. But I haven't seen anything quite like that.

Maybe it's because how you want to navigate may depend on what sort of content it is... architectural? Objects d'art? Characters?

And also, how you want to interact with it: multi-touch? VR? Game controller?

3. zazzooooo

zazzooooo

I understand.

Models are architectural and will be purely for viewing only. The function would be similar to that when viewing google earth on a mobile device. No interaction with the models.

4. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

OK, that shouldn't be too hard. I still don't know of a specific tutorial. I think you'll need to just work through some of the starter tutorials (use the Learn link at the top of this page) until you have the basics down, and then find something like a mouse orbit script that works for your purposes.

5. zazzooooo

zazzooooo

Legend man thanks, ill post up again when I need some help!

JoeStrout likes this.