Search Unity

1. Read here for Unity's latest plans on OpenXR.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved 3D model misplaced on first-frame tracked

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by Ricardotlpz, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Ricardotlpz

Ricardotlpz

Hey there! I have noticed that if we load a scene and the first thing that is present on the camera is the ImageMarker, the 3D model is placed (geographically) where the mobile device is. How could we solve this? Is this a bug?

Here's my hierarchy. We're downloading the assets used on the ImageMarker using Addressables.
    upload_2021-8-26_13-44-6.png

2. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

Is the camera tracking correctly when this happens (i.e. does other content like a plane visualizer appear correctly)?

And I assume you don't have any odd transforms on the marker or its children?

If you can share the contents of the inspector on the marker that might help, or even better the project via a bug report.

3. Ricardotlpz

Ricardotlpz

Hey there! Yes, it does work correctly in that case. I do not have what I assume are odd transforms both on marker and child (I'm just using this "MarkerHolder" to anchor the addressable prefab I'm downloading).

I have submitted the project through a bug report for you to take a look :)
    Case 1361205

mtschoen likes this.
  4. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

Got it.

Trying out your scene I suspect this may be an unexpected consequence of setting the world scale on the MARS Session.

Not to say there isn't a bug, just it's a little late on a Friday night for me to figure out the geometry of what it should be doing; but the marker tracking seems to be working fine. I'll look further into it next week.

Ricardotlpz likes this.
  5. Ricardotlpz

Ricardotlpz

Appreciate you took a look even on friday night , any updates?

6. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

Are you seeing the content jump or drift, or does it start out in the wrong place?

7. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

I would also try turning on "Follow Match Updates" on the Set Pose Action on your marker and see if that helps.

8. Ricardotlpz

Ricardotlpz

Content does not jump nor drift, it starts on the wrong place and doesn't follow the marker at all. Folow Match Updates didn't seem to help

9. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

Couple more ideas:

If you just put a sphere in the scene under the MarkerHolder does that track correctly?

If you are instantiating something at runtime and then putting it under the proxy then you'll need to make sure to clear the local transform. It looks like at JSONToAddressables.cs:95 you are assigning the transform.parent, which will preserve the world position - if the game object instantiated at the origin it will stay there. Use Transform.SetParent() to avoid this.

10. Ricardotlpz

Ricardotlpz

Thank you! I think you mean 195 instead of 95. We're working on a solution now. I'll be back with some news

11. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

This is the line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.                     asset.transform.parent = markerParent.transform;

12. Ricardotlpz

Ricardotlpz

A little bit of tweaking and it worked! Thank you so much! Really appreciate your help and availability here on the forums.

Code (CSharp):
    1.                     asset.transform.SetParent(markerParent.transform, false);

CiaranWills and mtschoen like this.
unityunity