Search Unity

3D Model in AR Core App Freezing with Camera Movement

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by armanayraHOU, Jun 3, 2020.

1. armanayraHOU

armanayraHOU

Hello,

I've been having an AR Core (+ARFoundation) app issue for a few days and can't seem to resolve it. I have a scene with 2 cameras, 1 is an AR Camera, for AR walkthrough, and the other is just a plain camera, which is used to view the model from an aerial point of view. I swap between the two cameras to allow the user to reposition themselves in the AR space easily in case they move somewhere different in the actual space.

My issue is that unless I move extremely slowly, the AR camera will still show the background/skybox (AKA my room, since I am testing in there) but the model will freeze on it and move around as I move the camera. I've tried messing with the settings in the Player Settings and tried various combinations to no avail. I have a suspicion that it might have to do with the skybox settings or a light maybe being too bright but I'm not entirely sure. It typically freezes when the skybox is visible in my AR view camera. Is there some optimization setting that I could have overlooked? I am pushing to my galaxy note 9, which is not a slow phone by any means..

Thanks for your time :)
    -Arman

2. armanayraHOU

armanayraHOU

Anyone have a similar issue and find a resolution? Still hoping to fix the problem.