Search Unity

3D Layout Groups

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ZAxisTechnology, Apr 10, 2018.

1. ZAxisTechnology

ZAxisTechnology

Hey all,
    If you love the uGUI layout groups but wish there was an equivalent solution for non UI objects, Ive submitted an asset just for that!

3D Layout Groups extend the easy to use components into the third dimension allowing you to quickly create a variety of perfect layouts using any gameobject.

All functionality contained in a single script with a full featured custom inspector. All source code included with comments!

Now live on the asset store! ($5 USD)
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/3d-layout-groups-115481

Supports Linear layouts (Horizontal / Vertical in the X, Y or Z axis), Grid layouts, Volumetric layouts and Radial layouts.

I will be updating this frequently and if you guys have any suggestions for different layout types or features, post here and Ill try to include them in the next update!

Linear Layout
    -Arranges objects along a straight line with adjustable spacing
    -Select an axis (X, Y, or Z) to arrange the objects along relative to their parent

Grid Layout
    -Specify grid dimensions and arrange elements in a grid just like the uGUI version
    -Select constraint axis and constraint count for dynamic flexible grids

Euclidean Layout
    -Arrange elements in a cubic grid with specified X, Y and Z dimensions
    -Select primary and secondary constraint axes and counts to create volumetric shape matrices
    -Perfect for quickly creating destructible walls and structures

Radial Layout
    -Arrange elements radially in a plane
    -Adjustable arc angle, radius and offset angles
    -Set a spiral factor value to generate all sorts of spiral arrangements
    -Option to align the up vector of element's transforms to their radial positions

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Mark_01 likes this.
  2. Mark_01

Mark_01

Looks very neat. I tried to search the asset store, not out yet ?

3. ZAxisTechnology

ZAxisTechnology

Yea I submitted it last friday and in my experience it usually takes about 10 days to be approved. Ill update this thread when its released!

Mark_01 likes this.
  4. Mark_01

Mark_01

Cool, congratulations, good luck with the release :)

ZAxisTechnology likes this.
  5. ZAxisTechnology

ZAxisTechnology

3D Layout Groups is now available on the asset store!
    Get it here

Let me know how you guys like it and as always, post any new features youd like to see in future updates.

N8W1nD and ManuBera like this.
  6. N8W1nD

N8W1nD

Nice, thank you! I was wondering, how I could have a grid of 3D objects for a VR menu, but the Layout Groups did not work :D