Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

3d Hover Bike

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by josh_sg1, Jun 10, 2011.

1. josh_sg1

josh_sg1

2. 95KillerZ95

95KillerZ95

Cool but, I don't see too much with that screen, but it seems very nice....

3. rumblemonkey

rumblemonkey

Is it just me, or is it sans skin? And it has some weird facets, tubes that are just cylinders not even joined, and the polycount on the central "jet" is huge.

4. josh_sg1

josh_sg1

The poly on the model is exactly 4,383 poly.

5. sybixsus2

sybixsus2

Can we get a couple of images of it without all the lighting and shadows getting in the way? I don't care what it looks like in a scene, I want to see the model itself, with flat lighting, no shadows. Also, one with a wireframe overlay would be great.

Also, it's listed on Turbosquid as coming with materials and textures but I don't see any materials or textures.

6. josh_sg1

josh_sg1

Hi,

Yes, The Model is materials as a simple color and a texture on the stands.

I can add pictures of the wireframe for you and simple shader etc...

7. rumblemonkey

rumblemonkey

So, it's not unwrapped or skinned?

8. josh_sg1

josh_sg1

That is right, I do not texture like that. I model from a texture like a UV Tile and apply texture like that and mod it on paint. The texture on the hoverbike is not texture, the material is simple color. The Hoverbike is a model you want to add a shader to on the software you work with it on. I can add a texture to it if someone wants it.

9. rumblemonkey

rumblemonkey

Oh. Well, uh, glad we cleared that up. You may want to learn how to unwrap things before offering them for sale, though.

10. sybixsus2

sybixsus2

I can't imagine many people buying it without a texture, to be honest. People who don't have the skill to model an object of this quality are very unlikely to have the skills to unwrap and texture it themselves. The people who do have the skills to unwrap and texture it, probably already possess the skill to model something of this quality, or work with someone who does.