Search Unity

3D games Ideas

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by aliayman14, Dec 11, 2019.

1. aliayman14

aliayman14

I'm a beginner in 3D games what is the most simplest game I could make without downloading assets. But please I need quick help because my deadline is on 10th Jan and the game should be uploaded to google play before that.

2. BenVenNL

BenVenNL

Tetris with a 3D perspective?

You only need to make a cube, put a few of these cubes together to make the typical Tetris shapes. And give them some funky colour. Simple controls to rotate, move and drop. A scorecounter, and some logic concerning the rules of the game. Like, when does a line disappear and make the rest drop down a row.. There are even short tutorials on how to save a highscorelist with the game.

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Perhaps a concentration game, where you spin a cube to reveal text on the back, then it hides it. Find which cubes have the same text.

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

Jumping cube over moving obstacles.

JeffDUnity3D likes this.
  5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I'm curious why you're in such a hurry to get it up on Google Play, but don't want to use any other assets. Often tight time constraints is the reason to use 3rd party assets.

You ever play the old 1980's game Marble Madness? It uses all simple shapes, probably perfect for using just primitives or ProBuilder.

Ryiah likes this.
  6. Ryiah

Ryiah

I've held off commenting because I felt like someone would point it out but since no one has done so I'm going to just say it now. What you want to achieve is completely unrealistic. You're a beginner with less than one month and it needs to be uploaded to Google Play within that time period.

For starters, while Google tries to keep the time to publish within a few hours their statement is that some apps (they don't specify the criteria - they just say that it can happen) may require up to a week to publish and that's assuming they don't reject it at any point in the submission process. Basically assume that it will take you a week to submit.

Three weeks to develop a game and publish it to an app store is just not happening. We have people on here like @Gigiwoo who have championed quick release cycles but even then it's a twelve week release cycle not a three week release cycle and it's not for people who are only at the beginner level.

Best case scenario you might be able to build a prototype of the game you want in three weeks, and that's what you're going to have to live with when it comes time to publish.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Joe-Censored and Bill_Martini like this.