Search Unity

Official 3D Game Kit Official Thread

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Aurore, May 9, 2018.

1. _malcolm

_malcolm

Everyone else: Sorry for this LONG post.

@Runemark on a separate topic, I'm following your video on adding ranged weapons. I'm more than halfway through with no issues, but now I have one. at 44:19, you drag the PistolRoot over the Ellen_Right_Hand_Attach with no problems. I can't do this. It gives me this (error 1):
    upload_2019-3-5_19-37-23.png

I can, however, drag the Ellen_Right_Hand_Attach over to the PistolRoot's Fixed Update Follow method... does that achieve the same effect? This is probably just a setting change I need to make, but being a newbie, I don't want to change settings if not needed in case I mess something up...

At 44:30 in your video, it shows the pistol highlighted at ground level, before you attach it. Mine doesn't show the pistol at all when I select it, only the axis (error 2):
    upload_2019-3-5_19-48-13.png

I tried moving it, just to make sure it wasn't covered up...it wasn't. Looking at my Inspector versus yours, they look the same, minus the fact that I can't move mine under Ellen's right hand.

I'm stuck in the tutorial at this point until I get at least the first problem above figured out. Oh yeah... I still can't move the scene around with the mouse when in play mode. Nothing to do with your tutorial, it was like that when I first open the 3D Game Kit and hit play. Settings look correct for input, but again, being new, I am sure I am missing something. (error 3)
    upload_2019-3-5_19-54-6.png
    upload_2019-3-5_19-55-12.png
    upload_2019-3-5_19-56-47.png

Any help you can provide...thanks! Oh, and your video tutorial is really good, thanks. I like that you don't rush it, and that you speak/talk your way through it. Very helpful.

2. Runemark

Runemark

@_malcolm
    1. The first problem is not actually a problem. In the video, I'm using an older version of Unity. The prefab mode is a new feature came up in the recent update.
    You can click on the "Open Prefab" button. This will load the prefab editor scene, where you can move the pistol freely. (you can learn about this here).

2. The Pistol GameObject is turned off by default. You can activate by toggling on the checkbox in the top-left corner in the inspector (here, the red box shows where you can find it).

3. Not sure about this, the input settings look fine to me. This is how the CameraRig should look like.
    Possible problems can be:
    - Follow is not set: you can assign your player transform here.
    - Look At is not set: you have to create a transform as a child object of the player (Ellen contains this transform, with a name of HeadTarget)
    - Input Choice isn't set right: 3D Game Kit has two option for controll, keyboard+mouse and a controller. You have to select the one you will use.

upload_2019-3-6_8-29-42.png

Additional Problems might be:
    The CinemachineFreeLook component on the children of the CameraRig isn't set well.
    • Check the AxisControl part, and make sure the MaxSpeed for the Y-Axis and for the X-Axis is set to the right value. (I use 10 for Y and 500 for X)
    • Also, make sure the Input Axis Name is the correct name: CameraY and CameraX should be
    These are my tips so far, hope it helps.

Self-promoting - ON
    Also if you wondering where that screenshot came from, it's our upcoming stealth game that is based on the 3D Game Kit, well at least in the current prototyping phase. We'll start posting dev blog from this week if you want to follow ;)
    Self-promoting - OFF :D

3. _malcolm

_malcolm

Awesome, thank you @Runemark ! I was able to move the pistol and can continue now.

For the error with moving the cameraX/Y with the mouse, all my settings are what you said they should be.

On a different computer, I opened up the 3D GameKit brand new, using Unity 2018.3.6f1, starting fresh. I went to https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/projects/3d-game-kit/making-new-scene and did what it said. Created a new scene, named it, then pressed play. It _immediately_ has this issue, where you can't move the mouse around to change the camera. So I think this is a problem in the tutorial/3D GameKit, not in anything I have done. @Aurore , did something maybe get broken between releases?

What's broken/missing in the current 3DGameKit that I need to change in my project to re-enable mouse movement?

Runemark likes this.
  4. _malcolm

_malcolm

@Runemark , I'm happy to say I finished your ranged weapon tutorial! Everything works great, except for my original issue of not being able to move the camera around via the mouse. Makes targeting a challenge LOL. Great work, man. The next step for me is to have the pistol 'hidden' somewhere for the player to find before they can use it. I don't think that will be hard to figure out.

Anyone else: I still have 2 issues:
    1. Moving (horizontal) platforms I create collide, but the player Ellen does not stay on them. She stays still while the platform moves without her. The ones in the demo game of Level 2 work fine. A chomper ragdoll was thrown on top of my platform and stayed with it. But not Ellen. Ideas?

2. As described in the previous post above, The 3D Game Kit out of the box does not seem to have working mouse support to move the camera at this time (1.7a released Dec 14, 2018). Moving the mouse does not change the camera. Any ideas on how to fix this? @Aurore ?

Runemark likes this.
  5. edgarovsepyan

edgarovsepyan

@Runemark Hi, thanks for this lesson, but please tell me why when changing from Generic to Humanoid, my character when moving to the W button runs not just straight, but straight with a bias to the right. Sorry for my English, I'm just from Russia

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      72 KB
      Views:
  6. Runemark

Runemark

Hey! Open the import setting of your animation, and search for the Root Transform Rotation part.
    From the drop-down select either the Body Orientation or Original (one is selected already, you possibly will need the other).
    If this doesn't solve the problem, go back, and play with the value below the dropdown. This is an angle value, that being said, if you set it to 45 it will rotate the animation forward with 45 degrees.

edgarovsepyan likes this.
  7. edgarovsepyan

edgarovsepyan

Runemark likes this.
  8. edgarovsepyan

edgarovsepyan

@Runemark Help please, I want to my enemy gone missing as Chomper after death, as this do? and if possible with the same animation

9. edgarovsepyan

edgarovsepyan

@Runemark and one more question, after I disappeared from sight of the enemy, he goes to his initial position, only the animation plays but it does not move.and no sound while running or walking though the enemy did everything in the video

10. edgarovsepyan

edgarovsepyan

11. Runemark

Runemark

I'll, but not today, sorry. It was a long day for me.

edgarovsepyan likes this.
  12. edgarovsepyan

edgarovsepyan

@Runemark Good. As a free time please help me. I really need to do these things.

13. edgarovsepyan

edgarovsepyan

@Runemark I got it. I found an error why the sound of footsteps was not playing, the whole problem in the animation when I change the animation Chomper, its sound of footsteps disappears, I found an error but how to fix do not know

14. edgarovsepyan

edgarovsepyan

@Runemark I put events now I hear the sound of footsteps but there was one problem. When the enemy loses sight of me goes into its original location, but the problem is that the walking animation is, but he doesn't budge like off NavMesh

15. edgarovsepyan

edgarovsepyan

16. Runemark

Runemark

Wow, you had a busy weekend.
    Sorry for not answering, but I usually not working on weekends (and checking unity forum is part of my weekday's rutin.

Usually, it's better to write one post, with all your questions. It's more clear. Right now I'm quite confused about which problem you still have, and which you already solved. Please summarize your current questions in a new post, and I'll try to answer to those.

17. edgarovsepyan

edgarovsepyan

my problem is that the enemy after losing sight of me returns to its original position. the problem is that it returns very slowly, I don’t know how to adjust the speed of return.

18. Runemark

Runemark

Hmm. I'm not sure about it, but if you are using the chomper behavior and the EnemyController scripts for your enemies. Try this:

EnemyController.cs line 116 (or something like that):
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  m_NavMeshAgent.speed = (m_Animator.deltaPosition / Time.deltaTime).magnitude;
    If you multiply this value let say by 2, it should move faster.
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  m_NavMeshAgent.speed = (m_Animator.deltaPosition / Time.deltaTime).magnitude * 2;
    I didn't test it, so it might not work.

19. edgarovsepyan

edgarovsepyan

@Runemark I did but it didn't help. I uploaded the video to YouTube. Look to better understand my problem

20. Runemark

Runemark

Well going back here is not slow, it doesn't work at all. :D My next idea would be, that the walking animation doesn't have root motion.
    Did you add the EnemyControllerStateSetterSMB.cs to your walk animation in the animator?

21. edgarovsepyan

edgarovsepyan

@Runemark Yes I added EnemyControllerStateSetterSMB.cs.it goes fine but here is the return not working

22. edgarovsepyan

edgarovsepyan

@Runemark The problem is, I made it look like a video, and as you can see, he ran after me and he walks. The problem is that when it starts to return to its original position, it stops, and then if it notices me and stops, you've seen it on video. What can I do he back to his original position?

23. edgarovsepyan

edgarovsepyan

@Runemark all I solved this problem just changed the script EnemyControllerStateSetterSMB.cs the script which found on the Internet EnemyControllerStateSetterSMB.cs

24. neighborlee

neighborlee

Trying 3d game kit, and wondering if one wants to use their own terrain, how do you enable terrain collison for Ellen?

On play she falls right through my terrain, yet the 'plane' works fine.

25. Runemark

Runemark

Changing the layer of the terrain to level or environment (or perhaps terrain, but not sure if this exists) should do the trick.

26. neighborlee

neighborlee

I tried your suggestions and no luck, then I tried default no luck there either.
    If this is what I get for trying 3d game kit, I'll remove it ;(
    That has to be it, as I've never had these issues b4 I installed it.

Some very fascinating things, if I could just get what I'm doing to work WITH it ;)

27. neighborlee

neighborlee

Hm, the closest I can come to stopping player from falling through terrain, is setting layer to 'collide', but then it falls through 3/4 the height of Player character- ODD ?

Clearly there are some physics going on here , I'm wondering that WANT the game kit 'plane' to be there, andif its not there is no collision ?

Just thinking out loud here, no other ideas, be nice to be making more progress instead of fighting with this :(

I"ve looked where it seems logical to make sure its not some dumb error on my part, but so far I see nothing. I'll keep looking waiting for replies for aid.

awehrma likes this.
  28. neighborlee

neighborlee

Lovely-a 'new' problem, after updating a few items in package manager,,now at least there is no ' previews installed' in menu.

Assets/3DGamekit/Scripts/Editor/NewSceneCreator.cs(60,23): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ProBuilder' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference? < that.

I can't even play level now until I fix that and I don't recall what threw it as I wasn't paying attention, getting no errors displayed in package manger,until I went to upgrade itself and it threw error.

Any idea (now that I can't play level I can't check the original problem)

ty

29. neighborlee

neighborlee

I fixed the error, but not being a pro coder , yet, I have no faith I fixed it correctly, anyway, as before where the error above was stopping level play, this fixed it by commenting out the following line in this file:

//GetWindow<ProBuilder.EditorCore.pb_Editor>(); , in NewSceneCreator.cs , in the 3dgamekit DIR.

I wonder if installing a preview item, whichever one it was,caused this, and removing it got me to this point ?

Anyway, BACK to original problem, see post 25 !

30. Runemark

Runemark

1) check if the character controller boundaries are ok. The capsule should be around the whole character. Sometimes if the pivot is set differently, the capsule center moves to the characters feet. That can occur problems like falling through the ground or being in the ground halfway.

2) Your solution is just fine for the pro builder error. I made the same. There are two other option: importing the pro builder from the package manager, or deleting the NewSceneCreator.cs, though you loose the option to create a scene prepared with 3dgame kit. (I'm talking about this: https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/projects/3d-game-kit/making-new-scene?playlist=51061).

31. neighborlee

neighborlee

Actually atm anyway, all I have is a capsule LOL, sorry if I didn't make that clear- I"ve had far too many giant headaches trying to get a 3rd person charcter in my game for testing purposes, that while I know there are other characters around on the store and elsewhere, - as an advanced beginner I grew tired of fighting so hard for it, that I went with simple , to broaden from there as my coding skills grew.

I made sure the bottom of capsule is fine, and ya I'm OK with no new creator scene as it brings in a blah plane that provides nothing I need as my terrain hugely surpasses something of that simplicity- though yes you can customize it, what I have with my terrain is vastly superior- Ive put a lot of work into it so it better be :)

I found this on Youtube:
    , and its what I'm using as 3rd person char., even though I'm having a few difficulties with it, author has yet to reply. Its VERY close to working, with a few issues not covered in his tut-- I checked for code errors but I see none.

I may have to try something else- getting tired of trying so hard, to 'start' testing my level,.not sure how unity is helping here. I want to get back to design its what I"m best at- but I also do not mind at all, learning to code 'better', but its getting in my way :)

..and as it goes-

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  32. steve-faultless

steve-faultless

Hi,

I'm trying to start going through some of the game kit stuff, but I can't even get through the first video.
    The two levels in Scenes->Gameplay are folders, not scenes.
    upload_2019-3-26_16-22-36.png

And when I try to look at the only scene I was able to find - UI->Loading I get a bunch of missing prefabs:
    upload_2019-3-26_16-22-36.png

I also have compiler errors. I'm using 2018.3.10f1

I've tried reimporting, but that did nothing.

I did update Unity after downloading the package (from a mid September release), but that shouldn't have affected anything, right?

Kind regards,

Steve

Attached Files:

33. neighborlee

neighborlee

Wow, I started Unity to see if I could help ya out, and boom to version,,I wondered about your 10f1 :)), anyway I'll see what I have here and post back unless somebody else chimes in first.

OK I'm udating, but anyway:
    Why you're levels look like DIR's , odd and no idea,,,under Gameplay > as you're images shows, my 'level's are in the asset window on right, and they are not DIR's.

I have zero prefab errors,,,sure seems like you have a bad download unless 10f1 has major issues, unlikely.

I'd try removing gamekit (dir) and reimport from assset store, I've had to do similar things and it fixed my issues, eventually.

Also, are you using any 'preview' items ?

cheers

steve-faultless likes this.
  34. steve-faultless

steve-faultless

Thanks neighborlee,

For some reason, the second image got changed - it was meant to be:
    upload_2019-3-26_16-36-4.png

35. neighborlee

neighborlee

Also I had to do this as well, which apparently so did Runemark :
    //GetWindow<ProBuilder.EditorCore.pb_Editor>(); , in NewSceneCreator.cs , in the 3dgamekit DIR.

That may also help as if 2 of us had to, I can't imagien others aren't needing to as well, with one caveat: you won't as he noted, be able to make new creator scenes.

cu

36. steve-faultless

steve-faultless

Hi Neigbourlee,

Thanks for the updates. I looked in the assets folder (as opposed to the folder hierarchy beside it - ID Ten T user error there) and there are scene files there - I got fooled by the video). When I open the normal scenes, all assets are present. There must be something about the loading scene that's wrong. But not a priority right now.

--Edit I figured out why I missed the scene files - I expanded the folders from the hierarchy, then clicked on the folders, I just never looked in the level above. I'm going to plead not stupid on this one. Or at least, not wholly responsible.--

Apparently I am using some preview packages, but I can't for the life of me find the package manager:
    As far as I can tell, it should be in this menu:
    upload_2019-3-26_16-53-12.png
    I looked in the manifest.json file and found that postprocessing 2.0.9-preview was listed. I opened a new project, and it wasn't included (and the package manager is visible).

So unless I'm hallucinating, this wasn't something I chose, but rather was installed by the 3D Kit. Apparently, a bad manifest can mean that the manager won't show up. https://forum.unity.com/threads/package-manager-is-missing.557854/

Here's the code from the manifest.json

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  37. neighborlee

neighborlee

Yes I also had a missing package manager at one time, and I think I resolved it by removing game kit, and other preview items in package manger and reimported.

Is an amazing asset but for me, its caused more headaches that worth it, given I 'seem' to be having issues with something that should just work, a video for which as show above , was SIMPLE and I downloaded the c# scripts, no errors, and its still not working, and video authors did. He has 2008.2 I think, but I can't imagine that's an issue-=--HM

I replied to authors video , hopefully its some small thing I have wrong- we'll see. I suspect I may just have to start all over again with a different 3rd char video or grab one from asset store and cross my fingers.

Nice to know about the manifest thing, nice find ;)

38. steve-faultless

steve-faultless

FIXED! I looked at the manifest of the working project and found that it was using package
    "com.unity.package-manager-ui": "2.0.7",
    where the game kit was using
    "com.unity.package-manager-ui": "1.9.11",

So I changed the version number in the manifest to 2.0.7 and lo and behold, everything worked. Seriously that was all it was.
    I even uncommented that line you mentioned - no problem at all.

39. neighborlee

neighborlee

Ya I meant to mention I updated a few package manager items, ty for reminder, I shall look at the newsscene file and see if I also can uncomment it ;00

40. neighborlee

neighborlee

Well, I gave up on gamekit , but I will revisit it again for many reasons- for now I went with a very straight fwd 3rd person + fly , from asset store, an amazing, nicely paced video for even a custom project ( our own) by author, so character is zipping around and I can finally start testing ;))

41. scarpelius

scarpelius

Anyone being able to make a SmallDoor close after the player pass through it? I am not able to figure how to do that just with the existing scripts from 3DGamekit.

42. unity_456adsteam

unity_456adsteam

Thank you for the good things that came to me. I'm interested in slotxo 3D game.

43. tomew123

tomew123

We can relieve you from any kind of writing: essays, business projects, thesis, term papers, coursework, research papers, dissertations.
    Forget about being overloaded with assignments!
    Relax and have custom writing work done for you.

44. Runemark

Runemark

A few weeks ago, we started to make a non-combat stealth game. Here is the 6th part of our devlog series.
    It's somewhat related to this forum thread because we are using the 3D Game Kit as a base for this game. I think it's always useful to see an asset working in an actual project.

If you have any question, feel free to ask! :)

gabrielw_unity and castana1962 like this.
  45. castana1962

castana1962

Hi All
    I am working with VR projects and interested in using only the 3D Environment of this 3D game Kit(and its original position) ( no scripts, audio and so on....,) for it , I converted the Environment game object like Prefab and when I added it to new Unity project and added it to a new scene, there are a lot of prefabs missing....
    I am thinking in export like unitypackage to add it like a new game object a this new Unity project, for it and sorry for my ignorance but If I export this one as unitypackage whats the items should I added to it?
    Hope you can understand me and sorry for my little English.
    Thanks for your time
    Alejandro

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  46. llindell

llindell

What is the magic required to get this kit running?

I had old 2017.3.1f1 and I went through the interactive tutorials. Then I looked into these example projects and there was this 3D Game Kit. I downloaded and started it from splash screen and got pretty much just empty editor with some assets. Nothing worked.

So I downloaded new Unity Hub and latest version (2019.1.0f2). Again to splash screen and start this. Didn't work (some stuff in asset view) but nothing else. Heap of compiler errors.

I googled and I found some results telling that splash screen start doesn't work and I should first create a project and then import it from asset store. I did that and it didn't work.

Next I downloaded 2018.1.9f2 and tried both: start from splash screen and import from empty project. Again, only compiler errors.

Now... should I have some other version of Unity? Should I try to fix compiler errors manually?

Currently I have some 12 compiler errors with majority being something like this:
    Assets/3DGamekit/Packages/NavMeshComponents/Scripts/NavMeshSurface.cs(436,52): error CS0117: `UnityEditor.PrefabUtility' does not contain a definition for `GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource'

+ some null reference and missing factory method errors.

PeterCym likes this.
  47. PeterCym

PeterCym

I'm running into the same issue Ilindell is. I'm in Unity 2019.1.1f1 (64-bit), and I'm just getting a pile of compiler errors straight from a fresh download.

48. rickblacker

rickblacker

I've been chasing my tail on compile errors between 3D Game Kit and ProBuilder for two days now... Depending on the version of ProBuilder, I get totally different errors.

This is all from a fresh brand new project.
    I ensure that ProBuilder is imported via PackageManager
    I then download 3D Game Kit from the Asset Store.

VERSION CONFIGURATION 1
    Unity -
    2019.1.1f1
    ProBuilder - 3.09
    3D Game Kit - 1.7.1
    Code (CSharp):
    1. TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000057 (from typeref, class/assembly UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset, UnityEngine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)
    2. ProBuilder.Core.pb_Face..ctor (System.Int32[] i) (at C:/Users/karlh/procore/probuilder/probuilder2.0/Assets/ProCore/ProBuilder/Classes/ClassesCore/pb_Face.cs:21)
    3. ProBuilder.Core.pb_ShapeGenerator.PlaneGenerator (System.Single _width, System.Single _height, System.Int32 widthCuts, System.Int32 heightCuts, ProBuilder.Core.Axis axis) (at C:/Users/karlh/procore/probuilder/probuilder2.0/Assets/ProCore/ProBuilder/Classes/ClassesCore/pb_ShapeGenerator.cs:909)
    4. ProBuilder.EditorCore.pb_ShapeEditor.PlaneGUI () (at C:/Users/karlh/procore/probuilder/probuilder2.0/Assets/ProCore/ProBuilder/Editor/EditorCore/pb_ShapeEditor.cs:617)
    5. ProBuilder.EditorCore.pb_ShapeEditor.OnGUI () (at C:/Users/karlh/procore/probuilder/probuilder2.0/Assets/ProCore/ProBuilder/Editor/EditorCore/pb_ShapeEditor.cs:190)
    6. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <1f0c1ef1ad524c38bbc5536809c46b48>:0)
    7. Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    8. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <1f0c1ef1ad524c38bbc5536809c46b48>:0)
    9. System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <1f0c1ef1ad524c38bbc5536809c46b48>:0)
    10. UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:345)
    11. UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:339)
    12. UnityEditor.HostView.OldOnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:139)
    13. UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:295)
    14. UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:481)
    15. UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:464)
    16. UnityEngine.UIElements.CommandEventDispatchingStrategy.DispatchEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Events/CommandEventDispatchingStrategy.cs:18)
    17. UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ProcessEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/EventDispatcher.cs:280)
    18. UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.Dispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel, UnityEngine.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/EventDispatcher.cs:156)
    19. UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel.SendEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase e, UnityEngine.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:189)
    20. UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:255)
    21. UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:78)
    22. UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)
    23. UnityEditor.PopupCallbackInfo:SetEnumValueDelegate(Object, String[], Int32)
    VERSION CONFIGURATION 2
    Unity -
    2019.1.1f1
    ProBuilder - 4.0.5

3D Game Kit - 1.7.1

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets\3DGamekit\Scripts\Editor\NewSceneCreator.cs(60,23): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ProBuilder' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

UPDATE, FIXED!
    I posted the question in the pro builder forum.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/probuilder-has-unknown-reference-path-to-assets.675493/#post-4525729

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  49. rickblacker

rickblacker

Not sure how this happen but I was working a tutorial and my main new level's terrains color is different between the sections of the initial terrain. I'm using Unity 2019.1.2.f1

Thanks for any feedback.

3d game kit issue.PNG

50. chris73it

chris73it

In the Greyboxing section of the tutorial located at https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/projects/3d-game-kit/editing-probuilder?playlist=51061 I am getting an error when I try to create the 3x3x3 cube using ProBuilder, in the sense that when I press Build Cube I get these errors (repeated 5 times):

TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000057 (from typeref, class/assembly UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset, UnityEngine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)
    ProBuilder.EditorCore.pb_PreferencesInternal.GetMaterial (System.String key) (at C:/Users/karlh/procore/probuilder/probuilder2.0/Assets/ProCore/ProBuilder/Editor/EditorCore/pb_PreferencesInternal.cs:300)
    ProBuilder.EditorCore.pb_ShapeEditor.OnEnable () (at C:/Users/karlh/procore/probuilder/probuilder2.0/Assets/ProCore/ProBuilder/Editor/EditorCore/pb_ShapeEditor.cs:62)
    UnityEditor.EditorWindow:GetWindow(Boolean, String, Boolean)
    ProBuilder.EditorCore.pb_ShapeEditor:MenuOpenShapeCreator() (at C:/Users/karlh/procore/probuilder/probuilder2.0/Assets/ProCore/ProBuilder/Editor/EditorCore/pb_ShapeEditor.cs:35)
    ProBuilder.Actions.OpenShapeEditor:DoAction() (at C:/Users/karlh/procore/probuilder/probuilder2.0/Assets/ProCore/ProBuilder/Editor/EditorCore/MenuActions/Editors/OpenShapeEditor.cs:31)
    ProBuilder.EditorCore.pb_MenuAction:DoButton(Boolean, Boolean, Rect&, GUILayoutOption[]) (at C:/Users/karlh/procore/probuilder/probuilder2.0/Assets/ProCore/ProBuilder/Editor/EditorCore/pb_MenuAction.cs:289)
    ProBuilder.EditorCore.pb_EditorToolbar:OnGUI() (at C:/Users/karlh/procore/probuilder/probuilder2.0/Assets/ProCore/ProBuilder/Editor/EditorCore/pb_EditorToolbar.cs:365)
    ProBuilder.EditorCore.pb_Editor:OnGUI() (at C:/Users/karlh/procore/probuilder/probuilder2.0/Assets/ProCore/ProBuilder/Editor/EditorCore/pb_Editor.cs:377)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

So far the tutorial has been prefect, but I am stuck now: any idea what I can do to fix the problem?

Thank you, Chris