Search Unity

Official 3D Game Kit Official Thread

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Aurore, May 9, 2018.

1. kenner03

kenner03

How can I convert it to touch input? What i want is instead of camera following the mouse, I want it to respond to my mouse/touch. I'm editing it for android.

2. rrabassa

rrabassa

Same here - what's the solution?

Thanks,
    rich

jugnu likes this.
  3. rrabassa

rrabassa

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

jugnu likes this.
  4. rrabassa

rrabassa

I've noticed that all the object that use LOD are black. The shaders appear black.

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 9.04.51 AM.png

5. ChristophVaz

ChristophVaz

I had this error, and was frustrating. specially since the example level transition, doesn't break. So you think that nothing is wrong with the component, until it will not let you add the game object you want to transition and the compiler keep telling you that the array is out of range on the game object where you have Transition Point Script.

And the last part of the walktrough.

awake likes this.
  6. jillemash

jillemash

Hi,

I've tried to use the 3D Game Kit on my MacBook Pro, but it's totally unusable.
    First it took ages to install/import (I saw this was an issue in the thread dedicated to the beta, but doesn't seem to be fixed for me).
    Ui freezes dramatically, even the the OSX Dock is kindda stuck while trying to make modification to the project.
    Activity manager does not seem to show any stress on the CPU, GPU, I/O or memory, so I wonder where this comes from.
    Is the Intel Iris graphic card under exploited ?
    I thought there was an issue with Metal, so I've tried to force opengl via command line. It's seems to run better, but apparently, parts of the geometry were no longer rendered, so that could explain why it was slighlty better (but still unusable).
    If I select all objects in the hierarchy browser to set them unactive, things are smooth again. But activating them back, brings back the sluggishness.

Is there a work around, an optimization issue that could be fixed, or do you reckon my Mac is simply too weak for this project ? I supposed it wasn't since I surfed a bit, and people with older configuration seemed to have no problem.

Thanks.

- Unity 2018.2.7f1

- 3D game Kit version: as of yesterday (08/12 2018) downloaded via menu that pops up at launch.

- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13", mid-2014)
    3 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 Go 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel Iris 1536 Mo

7. awake

awake

I actually had a deleted scene that was showing up on the list in the build. The build editor is a little mysterious. You'd think that unchecking items would solve the problem, but it only fixed the problem when i pressed the delete key which i found on https://answers.unity.com/questions/140094/remove-scenes-from-quotscenes-in-buildquot.html and https://forum.unity.com/threads/removing-a-scene-from-build-settings.61777/

8. jMattMorians

jMattMorians

Hello everyone, I've met this weird problem while downloading the 3D Game Kit, any idea on how to resolve?

Attached Files:

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm downloading and installing the project right now. I'm eager to take a look at it and make an idea of what I could do with it! ;)

10. Final_fantasy18

Final_fantasy18

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

What did I do wrong? After downloading and installing the game, I load the Start scene, click on play, have Ellen run here and there and all of a sudden she's stuck, like this:

3DKit_1.jpg

The only thing she can do is rotate on her left leg...

12. eaque

eaque

She seems locked in airborn animation as if she was falling...Collider isue with other obj??DOes that happen anywhere or walking over other objects?

13. clausarberg

clausarberg

For day/night cycle in 3D Game Kit I used the script DayNightController.cs from http://twiik.net/articles/simplest-possible-day-night-cycle-in-unity-5. It works great :)

14. Deleted User

Deleted User

Not that I have noticed but I haven't tested much yet. :)

15. sukronfaizin

sukronfaizin

Help me, error import CS0246: The type or namespace name `Cinemachine' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference? How to Fix it?

16. Ziron999

Ziron999

I just installed this from the asset store and bam tons of errors

Attached Files:

17. MMFSdjw

MMFSdjw

Check that you're installing cinemachine, polybrush, postprocessing and those things from the "package manager" under "window" drop down. read back, there are a number of smilar questions.

An unrelated question,
    Does anyone have more detailed information on how the AI works? Do I need a separate navmesh for each enemy type?

Also, how do I make changes to the camera system? mostly moving the camera closer to the player.

thanks.

18. Deleted User

Deleted User

Are you installing it in Unity 2018.1.0 or higher?

19. awake

awake

From https://forum.unity.com/threads/cinemachine-v1-1.449576/page-2
    "There's 3 cameras which define the behavior at Bottom, Middle and Top levels. Whatever input you use (more on this below) will cause the camera to rotate and raise/lower blend between all 3 cameras."

In the camera rig object there is a bottom, middle, and top in the menu. You can adjust the diameters there to move the camera closer. The camera doesnt have one set value, but it uses three so it will have different positions depending on if you are lower or higher than the character target.

MMFSdjw likes this.
  20. ZenWolfe

ZenWolfe

Hey guys I'm really excited to check this Game Kit out, but I'm having an issue with it. Everything downloaded fine and I created a new scene, named it "Scene", I can see Ellen and she moves, attacks, jumps etc perfectly. My issue is that the level itself doesn't load, as in I can see the Plane, the purple/blue hue shader background, and a blue silhouette of mountains/ white clouds. But there is no terrain or vegetation as shown in the tutorial. I tried a restart of the program but am I missing something in the settings? Any help would be greatly appreciated

21. ZenWolfe

ZenWolfe

I'm running on a Mac Desktop if that makes any difference also, cheers guys. Definitely excited to try this Game Kit out

22. clausarberg

clausarberg

1) How does the UI/Canvas system work? I want to create a simple HUD displaying points. I've created a new canvas but unfortunately that solution messes up the in-game menu (probably some raycasting?)
    2) Anyone tried updating to the latest version of Unity? How does the 3D Game Kit react to that? I'm currently running ver. 2018.2.6f1.

awake likes this.
  23. NAiLz

NAiLz

@Runemark I'm having some trouble with this and I don't know why. Not sure if it has something to do with my rig or what but I've followed your tutorial step by step and still no animation retargeting. :( The character moves and is controlled as he should be but for some reason he's not inheriting any of the animations.

EDIT: I've figured it out but now when I use any other animations in place of the Ellen animations, my character sinks into the ground instead of playing the animations. What in the world is going on there anyone know?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  24. Henicke

Henicke

Hey y'all, I have a two questions/issues:

1. Is there a way to add fall damage to Ellen?

2. I can change the color on some of the glowing effects on prefabs, but for some reason I can't change the crystal color on the switches, is there a script that prevents this change? I can't seem to find where the switch from red to blue is happening. I have tried changing the crystal to green and the particle effects, but when I play in engine, it reverts back to the standard colors and effects. I don't understand why in the "scene" view it shows green and then standard colors when you play.

Thank you!

25. clausarberg

clausarberg

How to turn off the SUN? Where is it "hiding"?
    Having a hard time understanding the camera rigging in this game kit.
    Turning off Directional Light does not solve the problem.

26. clausarberg

clausarberg

As I remember it you have to change to SAME SCENE then choose Ellen and then change to DIFFERENT ZONE.

27. hamza_abouamal_Organization

hamza_abouamal_Organization

look at PlayerControllerEditor.cs . you will find out how new variable can be displayed in the inspector

28. hamza_abouamal_Organization

import cinemachine package and all errors will be gone

29. hamza_abouamal_Organization

i can show you how to add mobile control, just contact me

30. clausarberg

clausarberg

You need to declare your variable as public if you want it displayed in the Inspector.
    Here is an example:
    public Transform target;

31. witcher101

witcher101

I know that but it doesnt show up even after u make it u can try it urself

32. NAiLz

NAiLz

@witcher101

Better yet, make it a serialized private variable. :)

clausarberg likes this.
  33. MMFSdjw

MMFSdjw

I'm having trouble understanding the AI. For example, the spitter, when it runs from the player it goes in a single direction and doesn't seem to do any path finding. simply continues running even if it's up against a wall.

Ai is my largest concern right now in general and im having trouble deciphering what's going on with these.

34. MMFSdjw

MMFSdjw

Also, another issue. Visual Studio still gives me the error that there's no "myprojectname.sln" file. This seems to make every script I open go into a new visual studio window and seems to effect other shortcuts and features.
    This makes it very difficult to follow tutorials. I'm not a programmer so that's a severe problem for me.

I've tried reinstalling unity but, as an earlier post suggested, there are no visual studio options to check on the install.
    Is there a way to manually create the .sln file?

35. andressillerort

andressillerort

Apart from the very obvious Vogue the explorer and other ripoffs, I AM genuinely wondering if I should bake my project into the game kit. Assets will be original, or at the very least heavily modified and the setting will be Mayan, no spacedaisy adventure. But I would like to retain the scripts as much as possible. I do think I will contact Unity to make sure this is an O.K. thing to do, as the project might see some comercial value.
    If anyone can stop me dead in my tracks with an EULA or something that basically tells me "You can't do that bro" I would be greatful. Again I would just like to emphasize that the game will be borderline original, I just very much like the scripts and menus already cooked in.

36. Cleuton-Albuquerque

Cleuton-Albuquerque

Hello friend, this package can be used to produce a game for mobile.

Hug.

37. clausarberg

clausarberg

Doesn't work for me. How to manually delete Cinemachine package from the kit? I tried removing it through Package Manager and reinstalled it afterwards. Still got those annoying errors from Cinemachine. So frustrating...
    Anyone who can bump a solution?

38. unitysl

unitysl

Hi. I have downloaded the 3D game kit and imported it to unity. But when I try to play it Ellen runs freely around without giving any commands. Please help me in this. I am very new to unity.

39. Findsch

Findsch

Hello,
    Where i can replace the keys for Ellen default is asdw, i need a toch joysick
    can you help me?

40. mrlovechild

mrlovechild

I'm experimenting with swapping the 3D models in 3D Game Kit.. I followed all of the Retargeting steps in the tutorial & managed to switch a Mixamo character instead of Ellen. The problem is for some reason when the game is started the model hovers in the jump pose, but the controls work. What am I missing, or is this some kind of bug? I double, triple checked the settings and retraced the steps, but i'm stumped.. Can anyone help out with this? An extensive Video walkthrough featuring swapping models, the characters, the enemies, & the static models, would be awesome.. Any help fixing this floating character problem would be greatly appreciated.. Thank you.

41. awake

awake

Since it has been a few days since you asked I could try to help. Did you try to copy a prefab of the character to a new scene? I had the same problems with the retargeting when i tried to do the tutorial and save the character as a prefab and load it in a new project. It only worked correctly when I did everything from a new 3d gamekit template file from the drop down menu. I also used a mixamo model with the ellen animations and i remember that same problem. You may also want to add your question to the youtube comments, maybe someone there had the same issue.

42. Henicke

Henicke

I am trying to construct a Count Down timer using this 3d game kit, but I cant seem to get it display on the GUI once my player enters a trigger for the start and a trigger for the finish. I'd really like some help in constructing this for my game as it is crucial to its construction. Thank you!

43. Nick-Carver

Nick-Carver

How would I go about adding sliding to Ellen's Player Controller script? So: Player slides if slope is greater than 45 degrees (or whatever Slope Limit is).

44. jugnu

jugnu

Hi,
    Unity3d Thanks for making this project as i can use 70% of its environment asset for my Game. I was having something like this with bit of twist in my mind for quite a long time. Now i am not able to figure out Firefly Animation.... Texture Sheet Animation. Where it is or How to Implement it without using it as a Particle. I want its Wings flapping animation. And How to Access HDR Color Intensity and Change it through Script.

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  45. jugnu

jugnu

46. blacksun666

blacksun666

I'm sure this kit is made available under the standard asset store license.

47. Deleted User

Deleted User

Apparently, he didn't even bother modifying it and making a whole new game with the assets...

48. 11rolf

11rolf

when running the kit on Mac the Ellen does not react on mouse left click. What am I doing wrong?

49. BJP19

BJP19

Hi, I followed the Enemy Retargeting tutorial from Runemark Studio earlier today. I tried to reskin the Chomper from the Chomper Retargeting tutorial. I am using Toon RTS Units - Demo from Polygon Blacksmith for the reskin. I have two issues that I am facing after I have completed the tutorial:
    1.The knight does not move around in the plane, it only moves in one spot. I have the plane with the Nav Mesh Surface component for Chomper agent set up. Then, I tried to set the knight’s layer to enemy, assigned the nav mesh agent to the knight, and then baked the plane again. It still does not work.
    2.Then, whenever I hit the knight, the knight dies by either being jumped onto the plane or below the plane. I get this error: “Transform child out of bounds” from the ReplaceWithRagdoll script in #line 42 (ragdollCurrent = ragdollCurrent.GetChild(0);
    How can I fix the knight to be moving around the plane and should I replace everything in the ReplaceWithRagdoll script for where I see “ragdollCurrent” with “current” because current is set to be equal to the enemy model before the while loop begins? Please let me know on how I can fix my two issues.

50. Joey-Vaudeville

Joey-Vaudeville

I love it thanks help me learn a lot....