Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 3D Game Kit Official Thread

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Aurore, May 9, 2018.

1. artCOR

artCOR

This asset is governed by the Asset Store EULA; however, the following components are governed by the licenses indicated below:
    A. Cinemachine
    Unity Companion Cinemachine Code License 1.0
    Copyright © 2017 Unity Technologies ApS
    B. Rajdhani Font
    SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1.
    Copyright (c) 2014, Indian Type Foundry (info@indiantypefoundry.com).
    This license is also available with a FAQ at:
    http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
    C. Emoji One
    Premium License Agreement Version 1.6
    Copyright © EmojiOne Inc. 2018
    D. Roboto Font
    Apache License Version 2.0
    Copyright © Google 2012
    E. Web-GL Noise
    copyright notice
    Copyright (C) 2011 by Ashima Arts (Simplex noise)
    Copyright (C) 2011-2016 by Stefan Gustavson (Classic noise and others)
    F. Textures
    Found in Polybrush/Example/Example Textures.
    CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0)
    Grass: https://opengameart.org/node/8011
    Ground: https://opengameart.org/node/7556
    Sand: https://opengameart.org/node/7998
    Dirt: https://opengameart.org/node/8009

2. ULO

ULO

Is there a tutorial on how to use this tutorial? I download a fresh Unity since my last unity was 5.4. I'm feeling rusty and want to use the 3d platformer tutorial asset.

So I download 2018.2, and then decide instead of a new or old project to click learn and try the 3d platformer tutorial. I get multiple dialog boxes with multiple options that seem like they shouldn't be popping up in this situation and were not warned about on any of the pages/links.

Once I get to Unity itself, unsure whether or not I picked the right options, I get 14 error messages about cinnabon oops I mean cinemachine. If only it was that funny. Can I has my hours back? I thought tutorials are there to teach me, not to test me on what I already know and make me feel like a genius for unboxing them? Is there a step by step? I don't know what a cinemachine is or why there should be separate steps besides the restart that didn't help, or how to tell if my 1st attempt at running it did things I need to change, etcetera.

Plenty of Terabytes on my hard drive if anyone is wondering. I get that there are some basic things that people overlook and shouldn't and it causes issues. I'm not the most tech savvy person out there, but I feel like I am far too tech savvy to be this frustrated by a TUTORIAL.

NCVTN likes this.
  3. ULO

ULO

This took 7 of the errors away and should have either not even been needed or been shown on all screens where you can get 3d Game kit : https://answers.unity.com/questions/1519983/latest-2018-unity-and-3d-game-kit-error.html

4. ULO

ULO

Same Thing Again with post processing plugin and pro builder plugin. Even if these are my own fault for installing to quick and sticking with defaults, something should have been said on the screen where I downloaded it.

MMFSdjw and eeschne like this.
  5. unity_heO099XEpZ016A

unity_heO099XEpZ016A

i can do it for you, just contact me

6. awake

awake

Is the license file the only update from July 20th? I'm sure I'm not the only one that is hesitant to re-download just to find one new file.

7. artCOR

artCOR

yes, and it was submitted with 2018.2:
    "Package has been submitted using Unity 2018.1.0, and 2018.2.0 to improve compatibility with the range of these versions of Unity"

awake likes this.
  8. Ambroisecorentin_sned

Ambroisecorentin_sned

For me i get this error i 2018.1.5f1

Assets/3DGamekit/Packages/NavMeshComponents/Scripts/NavMeshSurface.cs(376,52): error CS0117: `UnityEditor.PrefabUtility' does not contain a definition for `GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource'

does anyone know how to fix this ?

Todor and Zante like this.
  9. vortexgamingall

vortexgamingall

It wont let me play the game, i get a lot of post processing errors and the tools that come with the game kit are not under the window tab.

It says The type or namespace name PostProcessing does not exist in the namespace UnityEngine.Rendering

10. awake

awake

For me it helped to go to the toolbar Window->Package Manager and download the missing packages. So there is a Cinemachine, Post-processing, ProBuilder, etc. They can all be downloaded manually and will become part of the project.

11. ArindamAkash

ArindamAkash

Hey just import 3D Game Kit in a fresh project and then using Package Manager download Cinemachine, Post Processing, and other requirements. That's it.

Attached Files:

jamesiebond likes this.
  12. ArindamAkash

ArindamAkash

Hey just import 3D Game Kit in a fresh project and then using Package Manager download Cinemachine, Post Processing, and other requirements. That's it.

13. ArindamAkash

ArindamAkash

Open up the pre-made gameplay from 3DGameKit/Scenes 'Start', then it will show up.

14. ArindamAkash

ArindamAkash

I'm not able to fix this ERROR. Unity please HELP.

I import 3D Game Kit into a fresh Unity 2018.2, and downloaded the additional requirements like Cinemachine, Post Processing from the Asset Manager. Then I get only one error.

C:/Users/AKASH/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.cinemachine@2.2.0/Runtime/Behaviours/CinemachineStoryboard.cs(85,33): error CS0115: `Cinemachine.CinemachineStoryboard.ConnectToVcam(bool)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Attached Files:

Todor likes this.
  15. ULO

ULO

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  16. ULO

ULO

17. ULO

ULO

I though maybe my issue was not starting from start scene, but I was wrong and had a new issue upload_2018-7-28_21-58-38.png

18. AnameNoUnelseHas

AnameNoUnelseHas

Hi, to achieve a first person/third person camera option, click on character, create a new second camera which will spawn at characters feet, raise it up to head level, name it something. Add the following script to character and tell script the name of first person camera and name of third person camera. Script is key bind to G on the keyboard and using the G key will toggle between the two cameras. Restrict rotation left and right on your first person camera leaving only the ability to move up and down as the character turns left and right. This will give you the desired "second life Ruth look around look down at your feet" camera style and "shouldn't" mess with the original camera set up, which is now your third person camera.

Btw I did not right this code it came from here:

Hope this helps!

code below......................................................................................................................
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. public class CamSwitcher : MonoBehaviour {
    5. public Camera FpsCam;
    6. public Camera TpsCam;
    7. bool fpsCam = true;
    8. void Start () {
    9. FpsCam.enabled = FpsCam;
    10. TpsCam.enabled = !fpsCam;
    11. }
    12. // Update is called once per frame
    13. void Update()
    14. {
    15. if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.G))
    16. {
    17. fpsCam = !fpsCam;
    18. FpsCam.enabled = FpsCam;
    19. TpsCam.enabled = !fpsCam;
    20. }
    21. }
    22. }

kaenna1 and awake like this.
  19. xiangjom

xiangjom

hello,great work! I have one question, when learning and trying to play it ,I finded the shader "Custom/Rock" no work ,it make cliff、road、rock display black,yes black no a little color. What is wrong with me ?

20. awake

awake

Is there a published changelog for August 1st v1.4?

21. Prarabdh

Prarabdh

You are having Cinemachine Axis Control errors which is due to Package shifting of Cinemachine from Asset Store to Unity Package manager. Uninstall the version from the Asset Store by deleting the asset from your project and Install it from Package Manager. i.e. Windows/Package Manager.
    If it helps, let me know!!

22. impheris

impheris

Hi and thanks... i will try again

23. kotor

kotor

Can I use my own Assets with low textures and are able to create a game for mobile ?

Also I should be able to extend the functionality ? since I have programming background

24. kotor

kotor

Is the project dead? No answer for any questions

25. artCOR

artCOR

the online tutorial is very extensive so I think there are no questions :)

26. gentlegiant88

gentlegiant88

ANY ADMIN WANT TO PIN THIS???
    Hey everyone!
    So i was having trouble loading the 3d game kit. I was running 2018.2.3f1. When i clicked on learn then tutorials then 3d game kit download, it would show the download bar but the bar would go all the way to the end of the screen and much faster than it should and would fail to download. So i instead downloaded it from the asset store. This would allow me to actually download it but when i reopened unity and clicked start on the 3d tutorial under the learn tab it would get stuck on decompressing, i would hear a windows error type sound and the program would load an empty project with an error saying failed to decompress. i found a youtube fix but the first time i tried this i got an error from 7zip saying data error at 89% unzipped. But i didnt care, i did what the video did anyway. This got me closer than before but was still greeted with errors such as the ones in previous posts about cinemachine and controllers and so on. So i decided to start all over and here are the steps i took. I am now in the tutorial and no errors yet.

1. On the My Assets folder in the Unity Assets Store, i deleted the 3D Game Kit.
    2. I deleted the 3D-Game-Kit file from my C:\Users\PC\AppData\Roaming\Unity folder
    3. I already had the latest installer so i download "Unity Hub (preview)" (previous attempts were done without this Hub and failed)
    4. Upon opening Unity Hub i had to direct Unity Hub to my Unity program folder (for me it was C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Unity.exe however for you it may be different)
    5. Click on the Learn tab and under Tutorials i download 3D Game Kit. (This time the loading bar took about 5 minutes compared to the 5 seconds the failed download took)
    6. DO NOT PRESS START
    7. READ STEP 6!
    8. Go to the 3D Game Kit containing folder (see step 2 for where i found mine, keep this window open you might need it in step 13.)
    9. Right click, 7zip, Extract to (mine said 3D-Game-Kit\, see video for example)
    10. At this point 7zip successfully unzipped the file and i renamed it just as in the video.
    11. Unlike the video, I cut (ctrl + x) the newly named package file and pasted it in the same folder as the 3d-game-kit file was in and deleted the empty folder that i just moved the file from.
    12. NOW PRESS START in Unity Hub
    13. As in the video, If the program loads with the decompress error go to the folder containing our new package file and double click.

It took forever to load but when it finally did, all the assets where there and when i created a new scene i was able to use the tutorial as intended

I'm thinking 7zip unzipped successfully this time around because i did not try to launch the 3d game kit as soon as i downloaded it, but instead unzipped it first then launched it.

If everything went well you just click Kit Tools, Create New Scene, name the scene and click create, you should now be able to click play and move around the platform. (This is step 1 in the manual on the unity learn site)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  27. alipas

alipas

Me too, you managed to solve the problem?

28. Speckmon

Speckmon

cant import it it alwys stops working at "Decompressing..." :(

29. MMFSdjw

MMFSdjw

I'm just getting started with this. I've made a new scene and everything seems to work except the new probuilder object I made. It has no collision but it has a mesh collider.
    I'm trying to compare it to the "plane" that is apart of the example and I can't see any differences. I've used probuilder quite a bit with 2017. This is my first attempt using it in 2018.2.4f1.

Any idea what could cause this?

30. awake

awake

I’d check Runemark’s post on July 2nd. It shows all the different layers. The collider layer or environment layer may have to be on

31. CatTaco

CatTaco

im trying to download the 3D game kit but it stays at 48% the whole time

32. ronbonomo

ronbonomo

I'm loving this Game Kit. But I was wondering if someone could help me. I can't find a Questions topic to post this in. I am having problems getting the health crates to refill the hearts. The chest will open, all nice and fancy like, but the hearts don't refill. I even tried putting Eleen in the OnExitTrigger and select reset damage, but that isn't working either. Thank you and sorry for asking here.

P_Jong and awake like this.
  33. WolfDreamer

WolfDreamer

How much RAM do you need to run this? I got it all downloaded and running, it just lags too bad to play. Is 4GB not enough? I use Windows 8.1, does that make any difference?

34. gentlegiant88

gentlegiant88

did you try my fix?

35. slayerak

slayerak

can anyone help i get 18 errors when i try to play demo and when i try to create a new scene its to dark to do anything

CommandBuffer: temporary render texture LinearDepth not found while executing Opaque Only Post-processing (SetComputeTextureParam) Attempting to bind Texture ID 15 as UAV, the texture wasn't created with the UAV usage flag set! CommandBuffer: temporary render texture LowDepth1 not found while executing Opaque Only Post-processing (SetComputeTextureParam) CommandBuffer: temporary render texture LowDepth2 not found while executing Opaque Only Post-processing (SetComputeTextureParam) CommandBuffer: temporary render texture TiledDepth1 not found while executing Opaque Only Post-processing (SetComputeTextureParam) To Debug, enable the define: TLA_DEBUG_STACK_LEAK in ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations

game kit 1.png game kit 2.png

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  36. konsic

konsic

Hm, I didn't get that when I tried it a month ago.

37. slayerak

slayerak

downloaded it last night 3 times and again today and i got the same error

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  38. slayerak

slayerak

found a fix had to goto edit -project settings -Quality
    Anisotropic textures to par texture and Anti Aliasing to 4x multi sampling

upload_2018-8-29_14-2-10.png

konsic likes this.
  39. konsic

konsic

@slayerak if you could send me that package. I would be very grateful.

40. slayerak

slayerak

m8 only new to this so dont under stand what u mean by package

41. Twistedwicked

Twistedwicked

Hello there,

I just stumbled upon this kit and decided to try it out so I can see how some things were setup since I am working on cartoon style assets myself. However when I opened the project it was displaying 999+ errors and the scene wouldn't load, or rather very few things displayed and I couldn't click the play button. So I closed Unity and uninstalled the kit for now. However... when I went to open my own project my character now falls through my terrain. I tried starting a new scene and the same thing. I reopened Unity and even restarted my PC. Now no matter what I do, my character forever falls through terrain. Even deleting my old CharacterController and dropping a new one in, it's still happening. There is collision, it's just not acting like it and my character is above ground so it's not that causing the issue.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it? My knowledge on this stuff is limited as I mainly just make 3D models and place them in the engine for testing purposes.

I'm using Unity 2017.4.1f1

42. VP_no1

VP_no1

I had similar experiences like the others, yet I don't remeber exactly how I made it work .
    I think it is like the following and it works with no errors in last unity 2018.2:

1. i dont use the tutorials tab
    2. download the project or get it from the downloaded folder (if you got it from assetstore)
    3. create new 3d project and open it
    4. import the asset from no.2 (the 3d kit)
    5. go to window/ packages and update all what is needed (tou have a arrow ppointing up) ... for some reasons cinemachine was giving errros on the final updat so i chose the version before that
    6. restart unity

If you still have errors do this AFTER CLOSE Unity:

1. go to the folder of the project
    2. dont delete what is is in assets and project settings !! don't delete the other folders on the root !! keep in mind for no.3
    3. delete all the folders and files inside the folders i said on no.2
    4. start unity and let him recompile everything
    Now it should work
    -----
    again: I do not rember the exact steps, but I had many tries like this until I put the monster to sleep, yet it worked.

good luck to all and hopefuly this will help others get into it !

the thing is that I do not advise people to jump on it before doing the other tutorials and learning some c#
    work with this kit only after you have like 100 hours of understanding the complexity of what is all around you or you will get stuck badly ...
    why ?
    because you will want to add things and change things and it is not as easy as advertised ... and what that kid did in steam is shameless and no one should repeat that.

43. uninstaller99

uninstaller99

hello I couldn't get it to decompress the package right after trying to lunch it twice now where does it store the temp files casue there is still like 15 gigs unaccounted for

DubbelFredag likes this.
  44. unity_v23-XW037GeA8g

unity_v23-XW037GeA8g

Hey i have a with 3D kit. I can't move to left and right as Ellen (created by prefab) in my own scene, i can only jump, attack or go forward. In "beta" scene it works good. Anyone knows any solution to this?

awake likes this.
  45. VP_no1

VP_no1

I have a strange issue after updating to last unity version: I cannot see in editor the prefabs from vegetationpainter.
    If anyone is form unity ( @Aurore ) and sees this maybe they can help with something as it is in the editor some problem ...

http://myprintscreen.com/s/w6z5/eb49a026f5

also, last CInemachine gives some errors of namespace with last UNity editor.

all worked fine before this !?

awake likes this.
  46. awake

awake

Had a similar problem where if I deleted Ellen and put the Ellen prefab back into the scene it no longer worked properly. To work around it I parented my whole level to an empty excluding the character, then i turned that into one "environment prefab", then i built a new scene using Kit Tools > Create New Scene. In the newly created scene I loaded my "environment prefab".

47. ladeswasaroom

ladeswasaroom

Hi,
    I'm Making a new scene, I click on kit tools, create new scene and then create but I'm given a probuilder.edit tab.
    If anyone can help please! Thanks! unity question1.png

48. awake

awake

UPDATE!!! I fixed the problem, see below if you have the same issue.
    Anyone else having a hard time with custom scene transitions. i’m using the explorer start screen that came with the package. Should mention that I also have the start scene and my scene alone in the build setting list. My transition point prefab doesnt list any of the “different zone” options but when i run the scene and click start it is still pointing to level 1. Tried reloading the component. seems like a bug to me, as it is hiding previously set variables.

small attachment is from my editor, the attachment with text is from the documentation

I figured out my problem. If you delete a scene, sometimes the deletion isn't registered. So in build settings i had a grayed out scene that said "deleted" if you highlight it and press delete it removes it from the array that stores the scenes which fixed the error.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  49. awake

awake

There should be a pop up window to name the file. I think the same thing happened to me when i hit ok without naming.

50. slayerak

slayerak

I have a problem with unity atm it will not start . 3 times I reinstalled it and I still get the same problem

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018