Search Unity

Official 3D Game Kit Official Thread

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Aurore, May 9, 2018.

1. Aaron126

Aaron126

I am having trouble with 3d game kit. it wont play on my web server. looks like its loading but screen stops ie or google chrome same thing.
    upload_2022-2-27_22-33-23.png upload_2022-2-27_22-30-26.png

2. LootHunter

LootHunter

It's not 3D Game Kit issue. It's something to do with WebGL player in general.
    Here is the thread about the issue.

3. PlayIgames

PlayIgames

Hello Sir , I am Beginner In unity And I started making game with unity 3d game kit Everything Is Fine But I want to Ellen Swim In Water ,Can you Make A tutorial Ellen Swimming in water Please Sir

4. ronwis0122

ronwis0122

Exploring 2D content was truly amazing. Thanks for providing us with such marvelous things.

5. Delycan

Delycan

Hello. I recently downloaded 3D game kit and was following a tutorial on youtube. I had to stop 2 minutes in because, unlike the guy in the video, my scene was not able to play right out of the box.

6. dhruvashirsath265

dhruvashirsath265

Hello unity
    Can I publish this game on playstore I am using the assets but not the deme scenes.

7. impheris

impheris

i tried in 2019 LTS and 2021 LTS and it works without any bug, runs perfectly, maybe you are trying with a beta version

8. Tigersong

Tigersong

Getting a "NullReferenceException" error from PlayerController.cs, line 322.

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. Gamekit3D.PlayerController.SetTargetRotation () (at Assets/3DGamekitLite/Scripts/Game/Player/PlayerController.cs:322)
    3. Gamekit3D.PlayerController.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/3DGamekitLite/Scripts/Game/Player/PlayerController.cs:198)

9. elecelis

elecelis

Game 3D Kit is incompatible with Universal Render Pipeline?

upload_2022-11-23_14-6-17.png

10. SonicBloomEric

SonicBloomEric

Out of the box, yes. You need to port some shaders yourself.

Pixelith likes this.
  11. Pixelith

Pixelith

To add onto this and before the question gets asked, you can auto convert the standard materials to URP materials using the button at Edit/Rendering/Materials/Convert.

The picture below is borrowed from another users post, but will show the basic layout of what you're looking for.

upload_2022-10-21_10-24-8.png

ZenOwl and SonicBloomEric like this.
  12. TM30

TM30

How can I split Ellen's combo animations into left and right click? The original has all 4 combo animations playing in order when I left click, but I want it so that the 3rd and 4th animations play on right click instead of left.

I am really unfamiliar with the Animator so forgive me if my explanation is hard to understand.

13. Pixelith

Pixelith

The issue is knowing when to accept the separate input into the combo. I'm not too familiar with 3D Game Kit but if it uses an INT in the animator to travel between attacks then you can try in code to say something like (pseudo code, not checked to work at all)

Code (CSharp):
    1. if(attackInt < 2){
    2. if(Input.GetButtonDown("Fire1"){
    3. //attack code
    4. //add up attack int however you choose.
    5. }
    6. } else
    7. if(attackInt >= 2){
    8. if(Input.GetButtonDown("Fire2"){
    9. //attack code
    10. //add up attack int however you choose.
    11. }
    12. }
    However, I don't recommend this as it will get messy if you ever plan on making more in depth combos.

Ultimately, it's going to be a bit of work on your end to try and take the already established controls and systems of the 3D Game Kit and try to mold them into what you want if you're a beginner.

SonicBloomEric likes this.
  14. AnaWilliam850

AnaWilliam850

Thank you!

15. colour

colour

Trying to run the demo scene I get this error

Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: Object of type 'UnityEngine.Object' cannot be converted to type 'UnityEngine.AudioClip'.
    2. System.RuntimeType.CheckValue (System.Object value, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr) (at <8f06425e63004caf99a79845675f751e>:0)
    3. System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.ConvertValues (System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] args, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo[] pinfo, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr) (at <8f06425e63004caf99a79845675f751e>:0)
    4. System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.DoInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <8f06425e63004caf99a79845675f751e>:0)
    5. System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke (System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <8f06425e63004caf99a79845675f751e>:0)
    6. System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) (at <8f06425e63004caf99a79845675f751e>:0)
    7. UnityEngine.Events.PersistentCall.GetObjectCall (UnityEngine.Object target, System.Reflection.MethodInfo method, UnityEngine.Events.ArgumentCache arguments) (at <bdd20210bb844b2e88e1149ea99da5ef>:0)
    8. UnityEngine.Events.PersistentCall.GetRuntimeCall (UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase theEvent) (at <bdd20210bb844b2e88e1149ea99da5ef>:0)
    9. UnityEngine.Events.PersistentCallGroup.Initialize (UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList invokableList, UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase unityEventBase) (at <bdd20210bb844b2e88e1149ea99da5ef>:0)
    10. UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.RebuildPersistentCallsIfNeeded () (at <bdd20210bb844b2e88e1149ea99da5ef>:0)
    11. UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.PrepareInvoke () (at <bdd20210bb844b2e88e1149ea99da5ef>:0)
    12. UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at <bdd20210bb844b2e88e1149ea99da5ef>:0)
    13. UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/UI/Core/Button.cs:70)
    14. UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/UI/Core/Button.cs:114)
    15. UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:57)
    16. UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:272)
    17. UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:517)

The code is untouched and I am running 2022.2.1f1

16. SonicBloomEric

SonicBloomEric

You likely need to back down to 2020.3. The last time it was updated was for compatibility with that version of Unity.

Unity has not been good about updating their packages.

17. colour

colour

Thanks

18. impheris

impheris

i tried with 2021 LTS it runs perfectly without touching anything and looks beautiful even for today

19. saikou9901

saikou9901

Attached Files:

20. rafindio

rafindio

Hey!!
    Is there a way to use the counter asset for enemies killed?
    I want to trigger the door only after the battle.
    I only found material about the switchers.
    o_O

21. rafindio

rafindio

I started to explore the scene provided to figure it out on my own.
    Someone else had the same question on Youtube so I am pasting the same answer I gave her here.
    I wonder why they never made a tutorial about it.
    The second scene provided by Unity does it at the end, but they never explain how it was made.

1. You will need to add the "Send Game Comand" Script component in the "DamageablePart" attachment inside the enemy you want to be responsible for sending the command.
    2. Inside the new component, set "Interaction Type" as "Activate" and the " Interactive Object" as the counter you want to use.
    3. Also, in the same "DamageablePart" component, you will need to add a field inside the "On Death()" function.
    4. In the "On Death()" field call the "Send Game Comand" component previously added using the function "SendGameCommand.Send" (There is a message one, so make sure to add the right one.
    5. Then, you connect the counter to the door as the tutorial. Don't check to mark the "One-shot" checkmark on anything.
    I took some screenshots of the inspector in the Level 2 scene provided.
    It helps to compare during the process if something is missing.

Attached Files:

22. stupidyjld

stupidyjld

thank you for sharing, your team is fantastic

23. felipezymor

felipezymor

How do I make Ellen attack while in the air? I changed almost everything in the animator, the trigger is being sent but it just doesn't respect, anyone handled it?

24. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

So, i'm checking this project again and wondering. What is SmartObject and MegaSmartObject for? i don't see it being used on the scenes at all?

25. jamuljamul75

jamuljamul75

26. Onepete7

Onepete7

Is there a more active community around the game, but focused on understanding how it works? Not on the building levels, but more on how Unity created this?

27. ZenOwl

ZenOwl

I am wondering the same thing. Some basics (like URP? Animation Controller? Etc) aren't covered in any of the tutorials or docs. I've been through the whole "class" on Unity Learn and finding specific issue help on forums is almost impossible.Unity, do you have any dedicated forums for this?

28. JimTheHermit

JimTheHermit

can I replace the characters, weapons and bad guys with my own?

29. impheris

impheris

yes, that is the idea of this project, you can make a complete functional game with this and your own models

30. Jochewi

Jochewi

This asset is very good, it is quite complete, it is a shame that the character and the weapon are hardcoded enough to change them easily, even so if there was extensive and updated documentation on how to do it it would be sublime

31. vitlabs

vitlabs

How can knew if the gun work ??

32. GINJANINJAonline

GINJANINJAonline

same problem could someone show how to do this (please) I can't find any tutorials?

33. Kayumus

Kayumus

What version of Unity should I use to develop my game with this 3D Game Kit?

upload_2023-12-20_12-8-9.png
    If you use a newer version of Unity, like 2022.3.15, will there be compatibility or other issues?

34. PlayIgames

PlayIgames

In my opinion Unity 2021 LTS best and also Unity 2022 LTS good but Unity 2021 LTS is stable

Kayumus likes this.
  35. Muhammad_Fathulloh

Muhammad_Fathulloh

Hi.

I downloaded 3D Game Kit on the Asset store.
    Asset is wonderful. Player animation and movement is smooth (Player is Ellan).
    Now I want to make some changes. I have a 3D model for player.
    I want to switch player 3D model. I read documentation, nevertheless I find nothing about player animations. I tried but I can't animate my model. Could you tell me that how I Can switch 3D player model?

My Unity Editor version is 2022.3.6.

36. Pixelith

Pixelith

37. AlexandraBlnk

AlexandraBlnk

Why Ellen does not run everywhere?
    At the beginning it works.#
    But now after adding several prefabs Ellen does not run like bevor. After a few first steps she runs in place.
    Did I add to much prefabs into the scene?
    upload_2024-1-2_15-12-42.png

38. Myquran0009

Myquran0009

Welcome to "My Quran Tutor," your premier online destination for comprehensive Quranic education. At My Quran Tutor, we are committed to providing exceptional online Quran courses designed to cater to the diverse needs of learners from all walks of life.

My Quran Tutor is more than just an online platform; it's a place where the beauty and wisdom of the Quran come to life. Our mission is to make Quranic education accessible, engaging, and personalized for every individual seeking to deepen their connection with the Quran.

39. Timur2015

Timur2015

Hello. When an enemy loses, the enemy falls through the location and the enemy's ragdoll does not work. How can this be fixed? Or is it possible to use a regular animation instead of the enemy's ragdoll?

40. Timur2015

Timur2015

Hello. One more question. How do I change the player's health interface? We need to drag them.

41. FriederL

FriederL

@Timur2015 When you want to change the Player's health, select Ellen in the Hierarchy, look for the Damageable component in the Inspector and change the Max Hit Points Property to the health you want.

42. FriederL

FriederL

I've downloaded the 3D Game Kit a few weeks ago. It's an awesome game to get started with!
    I love the example game, feeling just like normal game, out of any editor.
    Also I love the world design, how the world is made up, how the enemies interact with the environment and player, and how the enemies die.
    But in my opinion there are some points that still could be improved:
    I think that some ready-to-play prefabs, which are not present in the example game, would push the experience of building own scenes and levels.
    Also, it would be nice to have different weapons for Ellen to pick up on the way, such as the already included Pistol prefab. Sadly it's still just a model, and no interactible Range Weapon. It would be really cool, if that prefab would be an optional interactible weapon, and maybe a PistolPedestal to pick it up.
    But all in all it's an awesome kit which is really good to get started, if you're a beginner or an advanced Unity user.
    Thanks!

43. Tiff_Thom04

Tiff_Thom04

Hi! I am a Game Design to high school students. I had them download the 3d kit so they can work through the tutorials. They all have error messages after importing. I cannot find any information on how to correct the problem. We have editor version 2022.3. I told them to skip any upgrades/installs when importing. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

44. Tiff_Thom04

Tiff_Thom04

Fixed!! I reimported all assets and installed upgrades as needed. This took care of all of my error messages. I skipped the upgrades at first because they cause problems with other packages we use. Guess it is just a try-and-see method.