Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 3D Game Kit Official Thread

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Aurore, May 9, 2018.

1. PortalierSeb

PortalierSeb

Hi everyone,

I've got a small problem with the transition point prefab.
    I can't drag & drop Ellen on the object... so i can't make the transition to the next level.
    If someone got any idea on this.

Thanks a lot
    Seb

2. CyberBulletArts

CyberBulletArts

Hi seb. I ran into the problem a while ago. This is how i fixed it:

1. Go to build settings
    2. Press "Add open scenes"
    3. Delete all scenes which are greyed out or blank
    4. restart unity (Close and reopen)
    5. Should work now

This happened because there were deleted scenes with the same transition code, meaning Ellen would be transiting to the deleted level rather than your new world.

3. CyberBulletArts

CyberBulletArts

Hey @Runemark, Is there a way I can load Ellen into a 3D modelling/animating software. perhaps blender3D

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  4. thalamus01

thalamus01

I set up "MovingPlatform" so that it moves along the x and y axes (upward and sideways). When the "MovingPlatform" moved upward with the character everything is ok, but when "MovingPlatform" with character move down, "MovingPlatform" slides out from under the feet and the character falls (the character moves only along the y axis)! How to fix that?

5. EmanuelPop

EmanuelPop

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to change Ellen's animations from generic to humanoid (so I can retarget her model). The problem is that after applying the change Ellen falls through the floor with half of her body and animations no longer work: she just moves in a t-pose.

What I did was:
    • Ellen's model import settings - changed animation type to humanoid.
    • All animations - changed type to humanoid, avatar source EllenAvatar.
    I'm using 3D Game Kit Lite and Unity version 2019.3.10f1.

Does anyone have an idea on this?

6. SJDhyani

SJDhyani

Hey, Thanks for this. will try definately

7. mostdoped

mostdoped

Hi,
    What is the best way to remove the staff.. I would like to have Ellen with a sword (24/7).. best case I want to remove ellen and use an archer instead. Is it possible? everytime I tried changing ellen, everything screws..

8. kocurekov

kocurekov

i have problem, all of terrains is dark blue

trihugger likes this.
  9. trihugger

trihugger

Same issue here.

10. nirta01

nirta01

WIth Unity 2019.3.11f1 and game kit 1.9, When I select any Vegetation Painter or Rock Painter, the brush does not appear in the scene view (only the normal pointer), and left click does not paint the vegetation (but selects the pointed object). Is there some known incompatibility with the last unity editor version ?

11. CyberBulletArts

CyberBulletArts

You need to be showing the gizmos in scene view

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  12. bekimbicaku4

bekimbicaku4

I went to game kit 3d on terrain and set level01_04 but the ellen fell through it can help me

13. SonicBloomEric

SonicBloomEric

The Google Resonance Audio spatialization stuff is buggy as implemented (at least in the Lite version of this demo). The SFX volume slider does not work for sounds routed through its Mixer Group. The reason is explained at this GitHub Issue.

I would highly recommend that a maintainer for this project either find a way to work around this issue or remove the Google Resonance Audio dependency altogether. If it's necessary, adding support for this audio system could simply be made into a tutorial.

14. orangeblast

orangeblast

Hello, Please Help Me
    I have downloaded and imported the 3D Game Kit into Unity however If I go into the scene Leve 1 all of the Ground Terrain is black. I am guessing the textures are messed up so I tried changing them but I cannot fix them.
    I am using Unity 2019.2.17f1 and I don't know if I should use another one. Please Help Me find a fix to this Please.
    The Ground is completely black.
    upload_2020-5-5_18-5-36.png

15. bekimbicaku4

bekimbicaku4

Can I add zombie to game kit 3d
    Can you help with this?

16. orangeblast

orangeblast

Pls Help

17. orangeblast

orangeblast

18. nike_box

nike_box

Hello lady & gentlemen I need your help. I'm new in game developing and using this asset for learning Unity/FMOD sound design implementation. Throughout my experiments i got a problem, my Ellen's Weapon can't hit any Game Objects whether 'Enemies' or 'Destructibles'. What's the problem it might be?

19. dassoubarna

dassoubarna

Hi! Your video is just great. Did you record it with Unity Recorder?

20. Jeea84

Jeea84

Can anyone tell me why Ellen is working so hard to die? :)
    Been at it for three days now. Here's what happens:
    1. Start game, Ellen dies first, then respawns, then I can start playing.
    2. If I jump, just jump around, not on something, she dies. She does not die if I jump onto a platform or wall.
    3. If I lose all my health fighting around with the enemies, Ellen dies, respawns, dies again, respawns again, and repeats cycle until I just have to quit the game.
    I figure something might be wrong with the checkpoint for problems 1 and 3. I checked every single aspect, but nothing seems to be working. I used the default Levels 1 and 2 as my guide and followed the settings exactly, but it's still not working. Whether it's checkpoint 1, 2 or 3, this will happen.

As for error 2, the jump thing, I think it's a navmesh problem. But I don't really know how to go about it. I have a feeling my NavMesh map is way too high. Any idea how to change it?

Thanks in advance to whoever tries.

21. CyberBulletArts

CyberBulletArts

Great work on your level design! You have so much potential. Could you send me a download link so I can try this level out for myself?

22. itsjack237

itsjack237

I installed 3Dgamekit from the asset store. Tried using instance painter to mass plant trees and grass but when i hover my cursor over the scene window i cant paint. There is no paint cursor and my arrow cursor still shows. I am begging for help.

23. pidgi2001

pidgi2001

Seems to be related to the Death Volume. There is an object with that name. Maybe it is set to high, on the Y axis. Just drag it down a bit. tell me id it helps.

24. pidgi2001

pidgi2001

Sorry, I do not understand. please, give more explications in other words. Maybe I could help

25. itsjack237

itsjack237

skip to 6:20. He is able to plant vegetation, but it won't let me.

26. afronaijaentertainment

afronaijaentertainment

If you have fixed it, can you tell me how please ?
    from afronaija

27. LootHunter

LootHunter

Hello. Can anyone explain to me why enemies go through walls?

I mean, when I place a wall that isn't baked into NavMesh Surface, enemies (like ones in Nightmare Project) just stop bumping into it. But in 3D Game Kit Chompers just go through walls like it doesn't exist, even if I place Rigidbody on them. I can only guess that animation still overrides physics and collisions somehow, but I can't find where. Can someone help me to find it and make walls and closed doors to be obstacles?

28. LootHunter

LootHunter

Can you also update tutorial and/or 3D Game Kit Documentation? They are clearly "out of sync" - tutorial mentiones "Interact Pressed" option for teleporters, but player character isn't even able to interact at all! Or, for example, there is nothing about TransitionStart and TransitionDestination in the Project Documentation and yet in the "Walkthrough", I'm told that there is.

Last edited: May 27, 2020 at 1:44 AM
  29. LootHunter

LootHunter

Btw, is there any Documentation on TransitionStart and Transition Destination that can be found now?

30. Tygman

Tygman

the destination enum is in SceneTransitionDestination script...you put TransitionPoint script on the object and define the tag there that your warping from the field would be player, different zone, new scene name (like level2), tag(one of the enums like A) , Transition when - On trigger enter, and if it requires an inventory check

31. Tygman

Tygman

If they are just temporary use the trail effect and change the mat on the staffswish meshes, For blood on the character copy the character mesh for a second effect and change the skin mesh renderer which can be turned off and triggered..like ellens shield does

32. LootHunter

LootHunter

33. itsjack237

itsjack237

No I don't. Does anyone know how to?

unityunity