Search Unity

Games 3d Game Kit Android Port

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by modler2, Sep 14, 2021.

1. modler2

modler2

Hey everyone, here is a video showing my current progress of my Android port of Unity's 3d game kit. This was recorded using samsung dex on my Galaxy Note20 Ultra so that I could show actual performance.

As of now the port includes fully functioning touch screen controls for movement, camera, jumping and attacking. It also supports controllers on mobile, I tested this using my ps4 controller plugged into the doc while in dex mode and I have fully tested and played through the demo using my Razor Kishi.

I have modified the controls menu to include options to invert the x and y axis of the camera and I added a video settings menu where you can adjust the game's brightness, show an fps counter, cap the fps at 30 or change the graphics to either low, medium or high depending on your device's graphical power.

Lastly I modified each level and removed some of the vegetation to lower the poly count, reduced the polycount of all of the cliffs, added occlusion culling, lowered the shadow resolution and added dynamic resolution scaling to help performance. Once I make a few more changes I am planning on uploading the demo to the play store for everyone who wants to try it! So far I have only worked on this for a day but over a week or so I should be able to optimize it a little further and add a bit of quality of life features such as the menu carrying over settings from one scene to another.

I know it's nothing special but so far for a days on and off work I'm pretty happy with the results!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021