Search Unity

3D Game Development

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by BurningRubberProductions, May 19, 2017.

?

Why is Unity good?

1. For 2D development

2. For 3D development

3. 2.5D development

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BurningRubberProductions

BurningRubberProductions

Hey, everyone! This is my first forum post, and I'd like to know how to create a 3D FPS. I don't know why, but people say that Unity is only good for 2D. Why? Any help would be much appreciated, have a great day and adios!

2. Iqew

Iqew

Actually, it's more or less the opposite. I think unity is much more fit for 3D development than 2D but I'm not saying that it's bad for 2d.
    Also, I encourage you to dream big but start small. Your goal of making a 3D FPS isn't that hard if you have some basic knowledge of unity and coding but it will be very difficult for beginners.
    The learning section of unity is always a good place to start.
    I recommend the roll a ball tutorial then after that, try making it again but this time add something new. Maybe instead of just a small level, scale it up wee bit and add platforming.
    That's how I do things since I too just started learning about 5 days ago.

Also, when posting on the forums, I suggest you make your title a little more specific and "attractive" in way.
    That'll increase the likelihood of people viewing your post and more people viewing means more chances for someone to reply and help you.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  3. Ryiah

Ryiah

Some people say the world is flat. Some people say that the moon landings were faked. :p

You'd have to ask them.

4. BurningRubberProductions

BurningRubberProductions

I know a bit of C#, and I've just finished up the open world.

Iqew likes this.
  5. PRABHBIR123

PRABHBIR123

I think that unity is best for both but in 3d development you require models which is very hard to create. I am sure before leaening unity please learn how to use a modelling software and if you how to use one go for creating 3d games

BrandyStarbrite likes this.