Search Unity

3D Fire for VR System - Best method to create realistic fire ?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Shoorty, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Shoorty

Shoorty

2. Tomnnn

Tomnnn

Try importing the particle system or effects package. One of them has pretty good looking fire. And of course, it can be tweaked to fit whatever you're imagining.

3. Invictum

Invictum

What Tomnnn suggested, they also use it well in the Viking village demo, the torches look fantastic in VR, give you good idea anyway on how it translates.

4. virror

virror

Why cant you use a particle system?

5. Shoorty

Shoorty

Thanks for your answers.
    The topic of my project is to search some methods of creating fire in Unity3D, to choose the best looking for the VR System and to create some different fires. I've watched the Viking village demo (but just on normal monitor), it looks really nice.

I'm currently experimenting with the Particle System. It was just a wrong thought when i said that i can't use it. But I'm not sure if the fire looks that volumetric in VR.

Do you know other methods of creating fire in Unity3D ? Or is it the particle system the best method in case of creating realistic fire for VR ?

Thx a lot !

6. GWiebe

GWiebe

You could try mesh with a scrolling 2 sided fire shader. use particles to handle embers

7. lucidtripper

lucidtripper

sheesh! 2015?? ... any good REALISTIC VR fire methods for Unity URP in 2021 ?

8. NemesisWarlock

NemesisWarlock

1: please don't necro threads, make a new one.
    2: Particle effects with Shiruken or VFX Particles in VFXGraph are still your best bet.