Search Unity

3D/Binaural sounds for gaming

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by paulportegies, Mar 29, 2012.

1. paulportegies

paulportegies

I am currently involved in a research that will implement binaural recordings in a game. I will research the use and effects of adding 3D spatial information to the sounds of a game. The whole process is technical but what i intend to do is create a basic game level where the user can interact with the environment and experience the 3D sounds over headphones to prove my hypothesis. The problem is however, that i myself am not a game designer. I've had a look at some of the unity examples but i need something that has a bit more interaction with elements of a game such as other characters or events occurring in the game. Ideally something similar to Bootcamp but with actual battle scenes. I will be getting some basic training in Unity but i doubt if i'd be able to create an interesting level for my purpose. If you feel your project can use 3D sounds please let me know and perhaps i can use an existing game for my research and add 3D sounds to it. Feel free to contact me with questions you might have regarding my research and i'd also like to get a bit of a discussion going on here to determine the necessity of 3D sound in interactive media.

If needed i can send my research proposal document describing in more detail what i have in mind.